Nohwear

Weird War 2 settings?

I know that the book talks about Tanhauser, but what are some other Weird War Two settings that you like?  I am not sure if I want to use an existing one, or create my own.  Either way, I could use some inspiration.

Hellboy can easily be Weird War, particularly if you set it in his early days or pre-Hellboy BPRD (or... well, Bruttenholm's organization that was the BPRD's predecessor) In a similar but less overtly supernatural way, many Atomic Robo stories are weird war (in particular, the Flying She-Devils of the Pacific is FANTASTIC). In many ways, Deadlands is Weird Civil War with a heightened focus on the supernatural which I'd love to see ported to Genesys - disadvantage and despair works perfectly for the downsides of magic.

Really, almost any pulp story will end up being at least partially weird war - even Indiana Jones could be if you stretch.

DC Comics used to have a comic called Weird War.  Two of the features were Creature Commandos and G.I. Robot.  The former was a team of soldiers who were modeled after the classic monsters (vampire, werewolf, Frankenstein monster), along with their Sergeant.  Later stories added a female character with medusa type powers.

G.I. Robot was about a marine squad in the Pacific with a new recruit; J.A.K.E., a robotic soldier.

The original Creature Commando stories have been collected in a trade (DC revisited the concept a few times over the years), while there is information about G.I. Robot online.

You can also look into The War that Time Forgot, also a DC series that had WW2 soldiers finding themselves on an island populated by dinosaurs.  A Showcase trade (black and white pulp paper) is available.

4 hours ago, Octavian84 said:

Another I have heard of is Dust.  Aliens crashland and the Axis and Allies develop new tech and keep the war going.  Walker tanks and mutations and ray guns.

Didn't FFG put Dust out?