GreenDragoon

The Elephant in the Room: how do you beat Kanan Fenn?

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Jonus I think is better than a fourth Aggressor in quad Aggressors, but that's basically it in standard play.

There is not even a worthwhile crew to bring along in the Tie Shuttle. **** Bomber didn't even make it out ahead with a Veterans treatment.

15p9ii.jpg

Edited by Jo Jo

49 minutes ago, bgrelle said:

I was thinking about this as a potential counter more just because I love to fly Rey and what's a better counter to a PS 11 boost than another PS 11 boost.  Of course I know that since I am at 100 points I will loose the initiative often enough to not help but at least it is still there for other matchups. 

Rey — YT-1300 45
Expertise 4
Kanan Jarrus 3
Finn 5
Engine Upgrade 4
Millennium Falcon (TFA) 1
Ship Total: 62

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) — Sheathipede-class Shuttle 20
Veteran Instincts 1
Jan Ors 2
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Ship Total: 24

Captain Rex — TIE Fighter 14
Ship Total: 14

This is a very decent list, actually. Just remove Jan Ors from Fenn. You don't really need her. Rex has access to evade anyway and for Rey focus is probably just as good as long as the attacker is in her arc (granted, it might be hotshoted away but not every list will have hotshot  fenn around). That means Jan would mostly benefit Fenn and even then only if he doesn't coordinate Rey. Considering that the latter is probably the main reason to bring Fenn in the first place, you're better off getting a 2 point bid instead and making sure that you've got the final repositioning.

This should be able to beat ghost more often than not. The question is whether or not it would be able to defeat all the other powerhouse archetypes. It should do well enough vs dash lists. Arc dodgers typically dislike Rey with a passion too. Not sure about Nymranda though. Rey might be forced to eat a few too many bombs while following those two around. I also expect to see way more of timewalk Assajj due to her (admittedly time-limited) immunity to Fenn's shenanigans as well as extra defence when the attacker is stressed. Unfortunately she shuts down both expertise and white sloops quite easily.

On 2018. 02. 11. at 1:46 PM, FTS Gecko said:

And we shouldn't worry so much, according to @Captain Pellaeon Twin Laser Turrets are ineffective against high agility ships, so take Whisper, Defenders, Interceptors etc and we're gold.

I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't give words into my mouth. You may come off as rather childish and salty, I suppose that's not really your intention.

54 minutes ago, Lightrock said:

This is a very decent list, actually. Just remove Jan Ors from Fenn. You don't really need her. Rex has access to evade anyway and for Rey focus is probably just as good as long as the attacker is in her arc (granted, it might be hotshoted away but not every list will have hotshot  fenn around). That means Jan would mostly benefit Fenn and even then only if he doesn't coordinate Rey. Considering that the latter is probably the main reason to bring Fenn in the first place, you're better off getting a 2 point bid instead and making sure that you've got the final repositioning.

This should be able to beat ghost more often than not. The question is whether or not it would be able to defeat all the other powerhouse archetypes. It should do well enough vs dash lists. Arc dodgers typically dislike Rey with a passion too. Not sure about Nymranda though. Rey might be forced to eat a few too many bombs while following those two around. I also expect to see way more of timewalk Assajj due to her (admittedly time-limited) immunity to Fenn's shenanigans as well as extra defence when the attacker is stressed. Unfortunately she shuts down both expertise and white sloops quite easily.

Thank You.  And yep, I put the Jan in thanks to being used to having her riding around with Lowhhrick in my last list.  That combo made it possible for Rey to evade a 4 hit attack a few times (once when she only had one hit point left at the end of the game that kept me ahead on points for the round) but I think you are right and outside of the hotcop her focus would be better anyway.

Soooo..with the new Wave 14 drop and 5 x Xwings being possible (we think)...

5 x Xwings with Flight assist and integrated Mech vs the Ghost + Fenn.  That's 15 red dice (or more if any are at range 1) and essentially 30 health.  Fenn can only lockout 1 of them per round.  How do you like those odds?

59 minutes ago, viedit said:

Soooo..with the new Wave 14 drop and 5 x Xwings being possible (we think)...

5 x Xwings with Flight assist and integrated Mech vs the Ghost + Fenn.  That's 15 red dice (or more if any are at range 1) and essentially 30 health.  Fenn can only lockout 1 of them per round.  How do you like those odds?

I'd take that list against Fenn.  It's hard to boost away with all those bodies blocking the way.  Even with Fenn shenanigans, it should drop half the Ghost's hit points on the opening salvo.

It's very simple now, you take Dash and in one round take off the Ghosts shields with you and your wingman. You pop your stims and CM that round. Then you take your Saw crew and you crit the **** thing to death. SJ one of my hits? Take another faceup please. No Ghost is going to be able to stand up to that for more than two turns.