Sign in to follow this  
DarkTrooperZero

List Building & 800 Points

2 minutes ago, ImperialOfficer said:

Sometimes simplicity is nice, at least for now while learning to get the game under control.  

I like the idea of moving using Aim, and then Standby when you have the trooper swarms, although the AT-ST using mortars would be a pain.  

I want to see if 3 sets of bikes can bring down the speeder or walker with any sense of efficiency.  

Considering the AT-ST ignores regular hits, it could indeed be a pain. The HH-12 will help but with only 2 I don't know how effective they would be. You'll have to let us all know how well it works out.

9 hours ago, Thornne said:

Question. Can Imp play against Imp? And if so who gets to play Vader? Or can two Vaders be on the field? Just curious.

you can play whatever you want.  If there is only one Vader figure, you have to cut him in half, otherwise Imp vs Imp is totally viable.

Vader will get sidelined as soon as other options are available (next 2 months) At St and Vader both need extra support which will come in the form of new commanders or upgrades

On 01/02/2018 at 3:04 AM, Khyros said:

While I wouldn't guarantee it, keep in mind that Armada started at 300 points until W2 dropped.  No one wants to have to buy 4 VSDs just to realize you're never going to run them again, thus the smaller initial point cost.  I could see Legion doing the same type of thing - start at 800pts and then once they determine enough stuff has been released, increase OP to 1000pts.

extremely unlikely, armada specifically stated that it was going up to 400 since there wasnt enough out at the time to play the game at 400pts which the game is balanced around. same for legion, the game is designed for 800pt balance in mind and we can already hit that easily with wave 1. 

wave 1 armada with 1 of each expansion only got you to around 320-330 points with a fair few bells and whistles, game was designed with large sized ships in mind

Well we played a very intro 600 point tourney over the weekend. Even at 600 points there was a LOT going on. Post turn 2 its chaos. And very easy to use a full 2 hours up.

Even considering everyone was being careful and slow with the rules i thonk 800 will be enough work to get through for most people most of the time. Especially if ignoring the toys and taking lots of little stuff is popular.

So while at first i thought 800 was no chance of remaining the standard limit now im pretty sure it will be.

14 hours ago, buckero0 said:

you can play whatever you want.  If there is only one Vader figure, you have to cut him in half, otherwise Imp vs Imp is totally viable.

Vader will get sidelined as soon as other options are available (next 2 months) At St and Vader both need extra support which will come in the form of new commanders or upgrades

Why would you cut Vader in half???

800 points already takes quite a while to play, I can't see them adding 200 extra points. That's quite a few extra activation's each turn which adds quite a bit of time. 

oh, they'll bump up the points to 1000 just to sell more stuff.

As with all FFG games the most laborious part of playing the game is setting up and tearing down. Getting all the upgrade cards out and putting them back again.  I want card sleeves where I can fit 2 - 4 unit cards and then the small upgrade cards so in a tournament you can have everything pre-sleeved and ready to go.

Look at Ultimate Guards 14-Pocket Compact Pages Standard + Mini American, they should fit your needs. I use them for X-Wing tournaments and they really help.

So it's at least one sleeve each unit. And with a little tape you could tape them together and fold them like an accordion.

Edited by Vollie

I like the challenge associated with 800 pts.  The addition of specialized forces will create a new revolution once said units are available.  The 800 pts will change.  The options greater.  Choices harder.  For me it is the perfect amount.  

@jgibbs2 ... agree on the set-up/break down time, as it stands.  I could envision a special, tourney or "occasion"  offering a 1, 000 -1, 200 pt game but do not expect that to become the norm.