Caimheul1313

Preorder posters

5 hours ago, Crabbok said:

It'd be nice if they shipped poster to your FLGS so preorders from stores would ALSO get those posters. 

THIS!  This would have been a perfect opportunity to drum up FLGS sales and drum up sales on the game in general, in my opinion.  Would have been a good way to bring attention to the initial release.

You know, it may not be all that bad if FFG were to provide something to encourage pre-orders as to firm up their production numbers. Be it an alt-art card, bonus mini (casualties come to mind) or these posters. If FFG could get a way to have the stores and players alike get in orders for a new game so they could better figure out what they had to supply, this would be a win for everyone.

I have to say i was encouraged when FFG/Asmodee announced they would be doing more to encourage LGS support such as MRSP and limiting the price cutting done by online retailers. I would like to have these posters and think they should have been apart of the LGS release strategy rather then a tactic to reduce sales in LGS. 

1 minute ago, MrMustang said:

I have to say i was encouraged when FFG/Asmodee announced they would be doing more to encourage LGS support such as MRSP and limiting the price cutting done by online retailers. I would like to have these posters and think they should have been apart of the LGS release strategy rather then a tactic to reduce sales in LGS. 

Agreed. It seems like an insulting offering to halfheartedly take sales away from LGS...

Listen, guys, if you're that worried about the posters, 3 of them are on the website.

Snipping Tool -> Ctrl-P  => Done!

The best part is that you can print them out in any size you want!

Need 5x7's for that picture frame on your office desk? Done!

Want to include a cute 4x6 in your Valentine's Day card? Easy Peasy!

Need some Wallets to hand out to friends and family at your kid's birthday party? Who wouldn't want a pocket sized slice of joy?

Could I just simple have the lost interest reimbursed please? I pre ordered one of everything from my FLGS, which was a tidy amount. It would be a nice gesture in return for the upfront money FFG got from me.

1 minute ago, Wolfstan said:

Could I just simple have the lost interest reimbursed please? I pre ordered one of everything from my FLGS, which was a tidy amount. It would be a nice gesture in return for the upfront money FFG got from me.

Seriously?  I dont follow.  They offered you a game and you pre ordered it, why reimbursement?

2 minutes ago, Wolfstan said:

It's a dig at the delay... sheesh! ;)

Yeah but I seem to be alone in not getting the delay...they always said 1st quarter...its late in their target but its when they said it would be.

Im happy it ISNT delayed till April etc...and who knows, time for that yet :ph34r:

My FLGS announced yesterday they are getting the posters in for those who pre-ordered as well. I don't really care either way, but I guess I could use them for more reference material to paint with. 

Edited by NervousSam

I think these would be a constant reminder of how my miniatures look nothing like Sorastro's. 

I am going to paint these bad boys just like I did my Imperial Assault miniatures. Based on the Black Series and Vintage Original Trilogy action figure line. I like my miniatures having that Kenner action figure look to them.

Pre-order is bad, so I'm glad this 'reward' is so underwhelming. Does not tempt me in the least. If they had, say the Endor bunker as a bonus, or a Sarlac pit, then it would have been an instant pre-order despite my moral objections of buying products in advance of their release based solely on advertisement hype.

11 hours ago, TylerTT said:

The real pre-order bonus is getting your local store to secure the launch organized play kits. Your store is way more likely to do that if you talk to them and pre order the game.

+1

20 hours ago, TylerTT said:

The real pre-order bonus is getting your local store to secure the launch organized play kits. Your store is way more likely to do that if you talk to them and pre order the game.

Not to mention keeping your local store open so you have a place to meet new opponents, and play in tournaments.