Caimheul1313

Preorder posters

I know that Warlord games used to have exclusive minis you could ONLY get by ordering from their webstore to accompany the various books they sell. These days those models are available at some FLGS with preorder.  Regardless, an exclusive model to go with a miniature game seems to be a better incentive than a handful of full page professional photos of the official paintjob of some miniatures.

Edited by Caimheul1313

Glad you guys are pretty underwhelmed too. As someone that's not interested in this game at all I thought "pictures of mini's printed on glorified loose leaf paper? Cool..."

I actually thought it was going to be a game mat at first if you pre-ordered the full set or something and that would TOTALLY be worth it. /shrug, maybe the game won't be trash but posters aren't going to be a step in the direction of convincing me. 

Just now, oddeye said:

Meh.. its a freebie. Ill take it lol. I can hang them up in my 6 year old sons room, he loves star wars stuff. 

I, for one, have a higher standard for free stuff I had no reason to expect. :P

As an aside, I have found myself curious as to what the OP kit swag will be, as well as what kinds of prizes to expect at regionals and conventions. The Galactic Qualifier and the X-Wing equivalent stuff is pretty rad. I wonder if they’ll do alt sculpt minis...

5 minutes ago, Rammstein117 said:

I actually like the pictures, the lighting and scenic look of them is good. But really this is just a little bonus for anyone buying from FFG. It's not a big deal, i'm still sticking with my discount seller purchase.

I don't mean to insult the photos, I agree they are very well composed photos, that's not my problem with them. As you say, it's not a big deal, but the article to me reads as FFG attempting to present it as a big deal. 

The wall space in my house is shared with my wife, and while she is at least as big of a Star Wars lover as I am, these would end up in a drawer or thrown away. 

Just now, Matt3412 said:

Wait so we are punished if we supported our local game store?

Only if you REALLY want the handful of "posters" of the painted coreset FFG is including in the pre-orders from their site.

1 minute ago, Pale0veil said:

Out of principle I am opposed to pre-orders and will thus not be pre-ordering anything.

Fair enough. However I know I at least want the models as I can find a different rule set to use, and FFG does not always have the best record with providing sufficient product to stores, and having decently long reprint delays.