Sign in to follow this  
Kendraam

Small Q4 kit tourney - Cardiff

Currently got a bye in the second round so thought I'd report.

We have 7 players; 4 Rebel, 3 Imperial.

Basic lists are:

Three Glads, three Goz, four Decimators.

Twin ISD (Dev & BTA), two Goz, two TIE-In

BTA, two Arq, two Goz, 4 squads inc Cie & Valen

Mon Karren, two HH, two GR-75, CR-90B, Shara, Tycho, Blount, 3 Zs

Mon Karren, Admonition, two GR-75, CR-90A, Shara, Tycho, 3 As

Yavaris, Admonition, two GR-75s one with RLB, Tycho, two Bs, two VCX, 4 Xs one Biggs

Three TRC-90s, two HH, two GR-75, Norra, Gold, 3 Zs, 2 Xs and a Hwk.

Admirals are (in order) Screed, Darth, Darth, Leia, Madine, Sato and Leia.

Screed had the first round bye.

My twin ISD Vader list went up against Leia's Mon K playing her PIC.

Got out deployed with Dev, with Vader on, opposite MK and both HH. Plan was to speed zero rnd 2  drawing the HH in to kill with Gunnery and hit MK in the side with BTA. Worked a charm except 13 dice couldn't generate an accuracy to kill a GR blocking BTA's approach into MK.

Vader got hit by an Ion Cannon and eventually died to the MC-80 but left it on 5 health after killing both HH.

BTA came steaming in but, since no Vader, only managed to leave MK on 1 health, then missed the ram by half an inch.

MK then engine teched away managing to just get out of Avengers long range.

A 7-4 loss for Vader putting me bottom and a bye for this round.

IMG_1801_zpsa5b3vldh.jpg

Edited by Kendraam

Other round 1 matches:

Leia MSU vs Vader kittens - ISD went down on turn 3 but Leia was still just behind on points on turn 5.

Another kitten and a goz died giving her a 7-4 win but slightly smaller mov.

Yavaris Sato vs Madine MK

Due to setting up apart from each other and lots of squads they only got to rnd 4 and with minimal losses. Madine edged it by a flotilla for a 6-5 win.

Edited by Kendraam

Round two:

Top table; Screed vs Leia MK.

setup opposite corners with MK and HHs trying to loop around some obstacles to head to their right.

Three Glads forming a gunline to their right trying to pass the Rebels.

Playing Leia's opening salvo.

MK down to 4 health being attacked by 4 Decis but A-wing aces to the rescue. One flotilla apiece down.

The fleets have passed each other, the Rebels taking plenty of damage but nothing going down - one Glad is no more and apart from some minor squad battles it's pretty much over.

Two Decimators have won free and a HH goes down in flames.

Appears the objective was a good choice, the two remaining Glads are both uninjured and the surviving HH and Mon Karren have taken hull damage counting for half points; will be a close call.

Very close in the end; Screed edges it 173 v 166.

IMG_1804_zpstowkbeog.jpg

Edited by Kendraam

Round two: second table.

Leia MSU vs Madine

Setup opposite each other with Admonition trying to flank right with MK up the middle. Large squad ball in the middle and a HH with two TRC-90 trying to flank on their left but encountering Admo.

MK has bitten the dust; Norra stripped shields and HH did the rest. Admo now returning fire and the objective TRC-90 explodes. (Playing Madine's Most Wanted)

First player proving crucial for Leia - maneuvering ships away before taking fire and Admo can't keep up. Madine's corvette now has four ships heading for it and it's only escape route is blocked by various flotillas and asteroids, can Jaina's Light slip through?

Jaina's Light doesn't make it, Madine is dead. Some more squad and small ship fire is exchanged with Leia taking the win 272 vs 159

IMG_1805_zpsdnl2iud0.jpg

Edited by Kendraam

Round two: bottom table.

Vaders kittens vs Sato.

Setup opposite corners - large squad and flotilla ball in the middle with BTA and both Arqs flanking around on their right heading for Yavaris.

Admo is flanking on opposite wing trying to get around the rear of the Imperials.

Avenger has now gotten into close range of Yavaris, this won't end well!

Yavaris is no more and BH also dies. Despite the loss of the Imperial fighter wing, the Empire ships have free reign. Admo unlikely to last long.

Rebel bombers have killed a kitten and Admo had another in it's sights. 

They're playing Sato's superior positions so all not lost yet as Admo is unopposed behind the Imperial lines.

Very close in the end, what looked to be a whitewash ended up Darth winning 221 v 192

IMG_1806_zpsn1h37col.jpg

Edited by Kendraam

Round three: top table.

Screed vs Leia MSU

A 6 activation Demolisher list ends up going second and being out activated!

Most Wanted is picked but the largest ship fielded by Leia is a CR-90.

Both setup opposite each other and head for an almighty scrum in the middle.

Plenty of fire exchanged with a HH going down early.

The volume of fire from the rebels is starting to tell and the three Glads go down.

Most of the rebels are down to one or two hull but the Imperials can't get the Decimators on target and the Empire is defeated 7-4 to Leia.

IMG_1809_zpswxurfzvm.jpg

IMG_1815_zpsqjphhc9a.jpg

IMG_1819_zpssmzy3bzd.jpg

Edited by Kendraam

Round three: table two.

Leia Mon Karren vs Madine Mon Karren 

Didn't see much of this. Leia MK setup with a split fleet, a HH and both GRs on the left with MK, HH and the CR-90 on the right. Madine put everything on his right.

Both circled round anti-clockwise with Madine eventually taking out the HH and GRs for no losses other than some squads.

Think it was only a 7-4 to Madine in the end.

IMG_1808_zpsrwzwpgxr.jpg

IMG_1813_zpszvcpapr1.jpg

IMG_1818_zpshcg6fbl5.jpg

Edited by Kendraam

Round three: bottom table

Sato vs Vader

(The Vader kitten list dropped at this point, would have had the bye in any case and my Vader would be paired with Leia MK but we'd already played each other)

Sato won initiative and surprisingly made me first player (he really wanted to play his objectives) and not wanting either Precision Stike or Superior Positions given my weak squads I gambled on his Hyperspace Assault as it would give me deployment parity and initial activation advantage.

I also planned to sit back and let him Hyperspace in in front of me.

Worked a charm, with BTA on the right threatening Admo, Devastator in the middle waiting for the transports and my slicer Goz on the left headed towards Yavaris.

Devastating_zpsalu4hdkl.jpg

I went with the Gozs luring him in; Yavaris slowed to speed 1 fearing slicers but after seeing me drop Avenger to speed zero, Admo sped up to speed 4 and took a hard right across the bows of the ISDs hoping to shoot and scoot.

I dropped Dev to speed zero too letting him come to me and still had the HA tokens in my front arcs.

He delayed the jump in for a turn and the Goz sliced Yavaris' turn 3 command, both ISDs sped up; Dev to speed 2 but accidentally rammed my Comms Net Goz and left Admo at long range.

IMG_1810_zpsah4oajym.jpg

It also still left his HA tokens in or close to my front arcs and he delayed the drop again.

Slicer Goz was coming under squad fire and Yavaris' Satod front arc but survived to block Admo leaving Devastator to move up at speed 3 to have Admo & Yavaris in it's front arc. At medium range. With first activation. With two defense tokens discarded.

IMG_1816_zpsdfwunb1e.jpg

Start of turn 4, Bright Hope jumped in behind Avenger with 2 Bs onboard and an X and 2 VCXs alongside.

IMG_1817_zpsvjyjqgv3.jpg

Devastator shot at Admo, killing it and discarding another defense token; then it rolled 12 dice [4R, 4B plus 1R for spinal, plus 3 B for Dev, plus 1R for CF, minus 1B for obstruction] at Yavaris' side arc utterly vaporising it and the Rebellion's hopes.

IMG_1820_zpsbkrlxcje.jpg

Avenger took some heavy bomber fire but, without a ship to support the bombers, it weathered the fire forcing BH to die in a debris field. Meanwhile Devastator shot the other GR-75 for a tabling.

400 v 22 to Darth Vader giving me a 10-1 and overall victory 22 points to 21 (the Leia 7 activation list)

Great opponents and a thoroughly enjoyable day at Firestorm Games.

Will be back for the Regionals (with wave 7)

Edited by Kendraam

Excellent report of a brilliant day, as the guy flying the 3 Gladiators the 7 activation Leia list was a real challenge. I have faced this list with little tweaks twice and lost to it twice getting first lasted with a 6 ship MSU and a 10 point bid, isn't nice. you can hurt the Reb MSU, but the cost of the reb ships and the fact 3 of your ships are flotillas means you have to kill them 2 for 1 with the Glads to win.

Now having to have a rethink before the regionals next month, I love the 6 activations 3 Glad, 4 Deci combo, but Dengar is needed to unpin the Decis and maybe External racks as well, to give that bigger punch.

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, Kendraam said:

Updated with what pics I could take - apologies for poor quality in some!  And I have to express my total and utter hatred of photobucket :angry:

Yeah, I had to move to Imgur to get photos to post properly.

1 hour ago, Formynder4 said:

Yeah, I had to move to Imgur to get photos to post properly.

Might try that - it wasn't getting them to post it, was the horrific levels of pop-up ads on photobucket; made it virtually unusable.