Sign in to follow this  
dyp100

Where Do You All Game?

Marshfield, Wisconsin USA.

Smallish city and not many options, only one gaming store and its a stretch to call it that.

I usually just play with a group of friends at their house, found a few other gamers around but most groups are all just tight-knit groups of friends that got each other into it.

USA>Michigan>Grand Rapids

My friend Mike has a large gaming table and many chairs if anyone in the area is interested...

I run Dark Heresy from time to time to playtest the game for each year's Gen Con. I started running Dark Heresy before it was every published! I'm a big 40k fan (since Rogue Trader) but more of a role-player so a long time ago I made up a system and decided an Inquisitor's retinue would make for the best role-playing opportunity. Five plus years later Black Library releases Dark Heresy! Now safely in Fantasy Flight's capable hands I've been a big fan.

Russia, Moscow reporting.

There are two locations we play at: first one, my apartment. It's my sleeping room. There is a PC to play background music, a few sofas and a couple of improvised tables. Second one, we go play in my countryhouse, 30 km to the West from Moscow.

We even have a tradition for our own 'Warhammer food': boiled sausages; a sauce of ketchup mixed with mayonnaise; cheese; white bread; spring onions; coca-cola and a few bars of chocolate. :)  

ZillaPrime said:

Phoenix AZ, usually in my apartment.

Looks like Phoenix has at least two solid groups going.  gran_risa.gif

I currently have a waiting list for seats.  Popular game.

Heck.  Chances are decent I actually know some of the guys in the other group and just don't realize it..

Probably! We all play at the G. Depot on Wednesday nights!

Stop by and say hello!

Surak said:

I run a group based around the Medway Towns / Maidstone in North Kent, UK. We normally use a member of the rp group's living room, but when we had a dnd stint last year we used a function room at a pub in Maidstone.

I have also had the good fortune to run 2 DH sessions in the Bugmans Bar at GW headquarters, the atmosphere was perfect for rp.

Surak

Surak, i likewise run with a group in Medway. We are called Maritime Games and started out as a small group of friends in the back rooms of local pubs, but have the last few years been based out of the University Of Greenwich at Chatham Maritime (having had one of our members blag us as the student gaming society no less!).

Anyone who is in, or doesn't mind commuting to Medway(specifically Chatham) -> Kent -> UK are more than welcome to come check us out. We have a facebook group, just search for Maritime Games.

Kasatka

Kasatka said:

Anyone who is in, or doesn't mind commuting to Medway(specifically Chatham) -> Kent -> UK are more than welcome to come check us out. We have a facebook group, just search for Maritime Games.

Kasatka

The UK is a bit far; and is second on places out of the Americas I want to visit.  Maybe when I'm rich and (hopefully) still not famous.  However, I'll happily check you out on FB.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Kasatka said: Published on 3/12/2010 - 12:38:29

Surak said:

I run a group based around the Medway Towns / Maidstone in North Kent, UK. We normally use a member of the rp group's living room, but when we had a dnd stint last year we used a function room at a pub in Maidstone.

I have also had the good fortune to run 2 DH sessions in the Bugmans Bar at GW headquarters, the atmosphere was perfect for rp.

Surak

Surak, i likewise run with a group in Medway. We are called Maritime Games and started out as a small group of friends in the back rooms of local pubs, but have the last few years been based out of the University Of Greenwich at Chatham Maritime (having had one of our members blag us as the student gaming society no less!).

Anyone who is in, or doesn't mind commuting to Medway(specifically Chatham) -> Kent -> UK are more than welcome to come check us out. We have a facebook group, just search for Maritime Games.

Kasatka"

**** its a small world, I used to be a student and then researcher at the Uni of Greenwich (medway), a good few of our group used to be regulars in the Coopers Arms (back when it was called The Drunken Sailor anyway). How regularly do you guys get together - im always interested in seeing how other groups approach the same rp universe.

Surak

Brussels, Belgium here.

We play mostly in my appartment's living room. A session keeps us occupied for a day so I usually cook lunch and diner while we play. During Summer (the 10 days of Summer we get in Belgium), we play in the garden and I try to multitask between the GM screen and the barbecue. My group is mostly people who met during high school and college. The recent birth of my daughter had a negative impact on our gaming but I try to push for a new campaign (and, as I recently got DH, it would be a DH campaign).

My first post on these forums. Yay !

Either Oceanside or Encinitas, California, USA

Encinitas: I've been playing with this particular game group  for almost a year, and we've played Dark Heresy, WFRP and a few products from other companies.  My buddy's game table and game room is fantastic for playing RPGs and can comfortably hold 5 - 6 players.

Oceanside: My home.  I primarily run WFRP, but I'm open to running/playing just about anything.  We typically play at my dining room table which can comfortably hold 5 players. We've played outside on the patio before, but there's just enough of a breeze from the coast (I don't live on the ocean, about 5 miles away) that it makes it difficult to play.  The weather, on the other hand, is fantastic for playing outside....  I just need to invent heavy-paper. :)

Surak said:

"Kasatka said: Published on 3/12/2010 - 12:38:29

Surak said:

Surak

Anyone who is in, or doesn't mind commuting to Medway(specifically Chatham) -> Kent -> UK are more than welcome to come check us out. We have a facebook group, just search for Maritime Games.

Kasatka"

**** its a small world, I used to be a student and then researcher at the Uni of Greenwich (medway), a good few of our group used to be regulars in the Coopers Arms (back when it was called The Drunken Sailor anyway). How regularly do you guys get together - im always interested in seeing how other groups approach the same rp universe.

Surak

Every Monday and Thursday evening from 1800 till 2300. Dark Heresy is specifically on thursday, whilst monday is for general games but assorted Games Workshop things get run occasionally.

SmeedandSmoot said:

where is roseville because ive been thinkin of expandin with our group down in minnesota lake

Long drive, mate. If I remember correctly, you're near Albert Lea? Roseville is a suburb of the Twin Cities. And I DO know Minnesota Lake because I almost took a job in Worthington, Nobles County.

Phoenix, Arizona stateside.  The DH group I'm with plays at our FLGS due in great part to it be more centrally located to us than any one person's dwelling.  Anything else I play is usually hosted by one of the players or the GM.

-=Brother Praetus=-

What days does your group usually play on? I'm in Phoenix Arizona as well. If it's not a saturday then i'd be more than interested in seeing if i could join.

I did nearly make a comment but with FFG. Releasing Zombie Apocalypse maybe necro posting is in vogue.

For what it is worth I game in both Hereford and London. There are (or were?) a lot more Uk rpgers then I expected

Btw for any UK gamers orks nest do a good reasonably well updated list of rpg clubs across London and uk generally

Edited by Visitor Q

I wish I could play in person, but my games run over Roll20, with the current players coming from the US, Poland, and Germany, myself being from the glorious liberal-marxist caliphate of Swedonia.

Usually in our friendly neighborhood tavern. Medievally styled, outrageously big selection of various refreshments and the place is full of people doing LARP, PnP, Boardgames and PC/Video Games. 

Hamburg, Germany. If you also live around here, send me a message, always nice meeting new faces!

Wow, double resurrection (or triple already)?
Chita, Zabaykalsky Krai (Trans-Baikal Territory), Russia. There is a few (I've only met one) GMs in our town, so I use Internet to play. It looks like there is always enough people in Russian WH40k community willing to play FFG games to create a party of acolytes.

Edited by HanCloudstone