Tkalamov

What campaigns have you started? Your experiences so far?

I have not actually ran or played in Genesys core yet but have been running the Edge for the Past couple of years and since Genesys came out and seeing alot of shadowrun Conversions being talked about that got me into doing some research into looking how I would convert shadowrun into Genesys since I do not think Android will not be anything like Shadowrun but it would help once it is released within the next year which I think will be the next one they announce coming to Genesys.

I have been quite busy actually looking into other stuff being brought into Genesys like Dragonstar and Battletech but seeing alot of others looking into bringing Mech combat first, I stopped my Battletech conversion for now and looking into Shadowrun and Dragonstar now.

Also haven't run Genesys yet (but it will 70% be the next game I run), in which case, I've already mostly completed a Roman Republic adaptation (thanks to folks on this forum), and I've a mind to try a few other re-skinnings for something Honor Harrington or Traveller. 

On 1/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, fjw70 said:

I started a fantasy Genesys game with the Gencon adventure. That session was with just one player running Alys leading a group of men-at-arms minions. For the second session the full group was there (4 players) and I continued Alys’ story with the 4e D&D adventure from the DM’s Kit.

Basically the Vampire from the first adventure escaped after killing all of Alys’ minions so Alys has called on some old adventuring buddies to track down the Vampire. 

Continued this game on Friday night. We are having a blast with it.  That ogre in the CRB is very tough. Especially with two turns a round. Luckily the players did not have to defeat him but just keep him busy while one of the PC’s stole something from his lair. 

We had our first Talislanta game today, super fun.  Some unique races came out to play since no one except me were familiar with the setting.  It is all free at www.talislanta.com and easy to convert, plus loads of detail.

The party was a Maruk Diplomat, Chana Witchman, Cymrillian Warrior Mage, Jaka Beastmaster and a Dhuna Witch.

The Pitch:

In the 25 years prior, there have been three significant events involving destruction of property, loss of life, and aliens. On April 14, 2045, a spaceship appeared in geosynchronous orbit over the Pacific Ocean and began broadcasting a monotone signal, modulated at intervals that are as-yet not understood. Is this a threat? A challenge? A warning? Many agencies and corporations are trying to figure out the significance and purpose of the alien vessel known as The Enigma, You work for the Elohan Group, a technical powerhouse near Santa Barbara, California, that is dedicated to space sciences and the occasional rocket launch; they are probably the best-suited to discovering its secrets. Can you successfully work out the puzzle despite the interference of extraterrestrials, government agents, corporate saboteurs, and office politics?

The Intent:

The goal was to create a game of freaky intrigue and paranoia as a backdrop to the action. Specifically, I had the mental images of furtive meetings on morning beaches and dock bars, startling revelations of technology that seems ill-suited to humans, and the occasional gunfight in a darkened office block.

The Game, In Its Execution:

It has not run smoothly, but that's not the fault of the mechanics (as far as I can tell). I can't talk about it here, sadly, at least not until I say my peace with the players. (Disclaimer: It will not be peaceful.)

On 2/4/2018 at 7:20 PM, gandalf9700 said:

We had our first Talislanta game today, super fun.  Some unique races came out to play since no one except me were familiar with the setting.  It is all free at www.talislanta.com and easy to convert, plus loads of detail.

The party was a Maruk Diplomat, Chana Witchman, Cymrillian Warrior Mage, Jaka Beastmaster and a Dhuna Witch.

I was the Maruk.  It was indeed a lot of fun.

It seemed to me that the magic system works very well, and is reasonably well balanced.  I don't know how much time it took to make the equipment list, or how hard it was, but it felt like we had a lot of unique options.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:13 AM, Territan said:

The Pitch:

In the 25 years prior, there have been three significant events involving destruction of property, loss of life, and aliens. On April 14, 2045, a spaceship appeared in geosynchronous orbit over the Pacific Ocean and began broadcasting a monotone signal, modulated at intervals that are as-yet not understood. Is this a threat? A challenge? A warning? Many agencies and corporations are trying to figure out the significance and purpose of the alien vessel known as The Enigma, You work for the Elohan Group, a technical powerhouse near Santa Barbara, California, that is dedicated to space sciences and the occasional rocket launch; they are probably the best-suited to discovering its secrets. Can you successfully work out the puzzle despite the interference of extraterrestrials, government agents, corporate saboteurs, and office politics?

The Intent:

The goal was to create a game of freaky intrigue and paranoia as a backdrop to the action. Specifically, I had the mental images of furtive meetings on morning beaches and dock bars, startling revelations of technology that seems ill-suited to humans, and the occasional gunfight in a darkened office block.

The Game, In Its Execution:

It has not run smoothly, but that's not the fault of the mechanics (as far as I can tell). I can't talk about it here, sadly, at least not until I say my peace with the players. (Disclaimer: It will not be peaceful.)

Okay, who spent 3 hours trying to find the rules to bed the bartender..... LOL.  Good luck mate!

Ran first session of a Skyrim game last weekend. Went really well. Our heroes, a mage, a ranger and a Carl (knight), woke to find themselves imprisoned by a Daedric cult with no weapons or gear and no memory of how they got there (all the Elder Scrolls games I have played have started with you in prison or custody). 

With the help of an NPC they managed to escape their cell and explore the cave system they were in. They took out a few easy minion groups of basic cultists, found the sacrificial camber and ran from that into the major encounter with the cult enforcers (rivals) and the cult leader (nemesis). I thought it was going to be too tough for them for a while, but the cult leader failed in his first attempt to summon a flame atronach and that gave them a chance to win the fight and escape. 

It was great fun.