Sign in to follow this  
E Chu Ta

Favorite Ships: A collection of entrely subjective metadata.

Favorite Ship due to Fluff:

IG-2000: Networked murderbots in a fleet of killing machines with life support only in the prison pod. “Inertial compensators?  What do we look like, organics?”

Favorite Ship on the Table:

Lancer-Class Pursuit Craft: The one ship that I fly that seems up to any task, and is able to do exactly what I need it to do almost all the time.

Favorite Ship that you play rarely/never:

TIE Striker: None in my collection, have never played them, but still enamored of their “Boost first, slam into rocks later” style of flying.

Shifts about, X-Wing, Y-Wing - X-Wings are just classic, and the Y-Wings visual as they fly is very impressive.

I still enjoy flying my T-65s. My biggest successes have always occurred with at least one in my list.

Favorite Ship that you play rarely:

TIE Interceptors. Really, they're classic and yet... It's not my style of flying and the results tend to be quite embarrassing.

Hwk-290 - Jedi Knight Dark Forces II is the best Star Wars thing ever made.

Darth Vader - Always a challenge, fun, and thematic. Probably the best pilot of all the major characters in game. 

Whisper - Most Interesting and Fun ship in X-Wing by a wide margin besides Echo maybe.

Edited by Boom Owl

HWK-290. That baby is sleek and fast. This was the ship for Kyle Katarn in his first game Dark Forces, a game I played and watched my older brothers play. Even in its original, pixilated form, I still thought it was a thing of beauty.

Lancer-Class Persuit Craft. It hit right after x7 defenders unlocked the speed demon in me. It's fast, tough, and can be outfitted cheap enough that the rest of the list doesn't have to feel like filler. 

Favorite Ship that you play rarely/never:

VCX-100. I like the ship, I like the options it has, but I don't use it much. There have been builds that have tempted me, but I always seem to end up flying something else.

GUNBOAT (close seconds Rey, Kylo, Poe, and Vader, because they're all thematically good). 

GUNBOAT (close seconds Rey, Poe, and Vader, because they're all fun, but I can't fly Kylo at all...). 

Can't answer GUNBOAT... I guess U-Wing. It's been a while here since my 2 U-Wings hit the table.

Edited by Kieransi
FFG forums made font sizes weird

Favorite Ship due to Fluff: B-Wing or YT-2400 (Outrider). This explains why my first list ever was 2 B-Wings and Dash Rendar. 

Favorite Ship on the Table: Lancer-Class Pursuit Craft. This ship has just clicked with me since it came out, especially Ketsu. I just got my 2nd one recently and realized making 2 work together seems great and I know it's a good list, but that will take time to maximize. 

Favorite Ship that you play rarely: ARC-170. I was super excited when this came out so I bought 2. I haven't played them past month 1 of them launching. 

Favorite Ship due to Fluff: TIE/LN cause its classic Empire

Favorite Ship on the Table: TIE Advanced, cause running Engine Vader is sublime

Favorite Ship that you play rarely: TIE Interceptor, just cause I've always like the ship but its terrible in the current meta.

1 hour ago, E Chu Ta said:

Favorite Ship that you play rarely:

Currently existing ships in XWM. Lets try to keep the runners-up limited to 1 or 2 per category. Make those hard decisions!

1) X-wing. There are others, such as the a-wing, but it’s had its background rewritten by that jumped-up firework display of a toy advert called Rebels, so I find it more difficult to love.

2) Tie Interceptor. The game was never so pure for me as when Imperial Aces came out :)

3) Gunboat. I can’t bear to fly mine incase they aren’t good... I’ve been waiting since wave four but I don’t want to watch them die on the table! 

Favorite from fluff...I think it has to be the U-Wing. I just love that ship’s design. 

Favorite to fly...I think that’s a tie between every ship with “wing” in its name. And also the Upsilon. 

Favorite that I never play...A-Wing, I guess. It’s tons of fun and just happens to suck. 

Fluff: defender

I just like the idea of this super elite craft that can just baffle enemies with its extreme defense and bizarre manueverability 

Table: x7/SF

Too hard to pick an absolute favorite, but I really like these two

They're great because they're just all around excellent as part of a squad or as last men standing. Love the flexibility of the white 4k/aux arc and drawing opponents into positions that best leverage these advantages over more conventional ships

Rare: deathrain specifically

There is no punisher, just overpriced bombers and deathrain

Deathrain is a goddamn blast of positioning mind games and green dice ignoring bombs. Too bad the punisher frame dies to ******* anything in one/two rounds 

Model: not a category, I know...

But come on, the ARC is too goddamn beautiful to not make the list 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Fluffy: B-Wing. Even though I'm an Imperial through and through, I've loved the design of Ackbar's space superiority torpedo boat since I was a small child.

Table: Defender. x7 Vessery is my go-to pilot. The TIE/sf comes close, though.

Rarity: TIE Phantom. In a perfect world, I'd be flying Echo in every list...

Favorite Ship due to Fluff: Interceptor.  It's the most perfect Tie.  It looks bad ***.  It's got boost and Barrel roll.  Three attack dice.  And Soontir F'n Fell.  It's just a balls to the wall glass cannon.

Favorite Ship on the Table: Ghost.  It's huge.  It hits like a truck.  It can tank a decent alpha strike.  It gives you a free target lock after an attack.  With Hera you can do endless 5K's or 1 turns and not worry about stress or the TL after attacking.  Autoblasters keep aces out of range 1.  It's just a wrecking ball of carnage you can toss in for a juicy block or get off a fully modded 5 dice primary attack.

Favorite Ship that you play rarely:  B wing.  4 of them in formation looks awesome.  It brings back memories of watching them in RotJ.  They used to be feared now they are just dodged and murdered.

Favorite Ship due to Fluff: A-wing., has been since I started playing the X-Wing PC game 

Favorite Ship on the Table: HWK-290. 

Since I can't fly A-Wings without them exploding into a million pieces I've been forcing the HWK290 into the majority of my lists... specifically Jan Ors. I've been having a lot of fun with it! Even killing things with primary canons. 

Favorite Ship that you play rarely: Tie Phantom/E-wing

It's a tie between the TIE Phantom and E-Wing... I love both. I've tried putting in the reps, but just can't make them work anymore with all the big mean stuff out there. Corran is sad. Echo is sadder.

Fluff: Torn between the T-65 X-Wing and the Millenium Falcon

Table: The T-70 X-Wing is just a lot of fun to use on the tabletop.  Having used T-65's extensively switching to the new model sometimes feels like your playing the game in easy mode.

Rarely Use: I wish I could find more reasons to put the Lambda or Upsilon on the table as I really like their models. 

Fluff: YT-2400 or Starviper. Funny thing is, I never even played Shadows; I just was very impressed with all the stuff I read about it, which made it feel like a missing movie from the Trilogy.

Table: Another tossup... Firespray or TIE/fo. I don't care what anyone says, my Firespray is a blast to fly every time. And the fo dial + shield makes it a nasty little pocket rocket!

Rare: lol, so many. Maybe the YT-2400. I can't recall for sure if I've ever even flown it myself, or just used it in demo games...