pheylorn

New-ish Player List Help

I could use some advice on this carrier list I'm working on. Thanks in advance.

Name: Carrier My Wayward Son!
Faction: Rebel
Commander: General Dodonna

Assault: Station Assault
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Solar Corona

Assault Frigate Mk2 B (72)
• Flight Controllers (6)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
• Gallant Haven (8)
= 91 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Flight Commander (3)
• Fighter Coordination Team (3)
• All fighters, Follow Me! (5)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
= 76 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Toryn Farr (7)
• Bomber Command Center (8)
= 33 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• General Dodonna (20)
• Jaina's Light (2)
= 66 Points

Squadrons:
• Jan Ors (19)
• 3 x X-wing Squadron (39)
• 4 x B-wing Squadron (56)
• Biggs Darklighter (19)
= 133 Points

Total Points: 399

Looks OK.

Gold Squadron in place of a B-Wing will add a little speed and save you a few points. 

If your Pelta is using AFFM it won't be using the flight commander. If you intend to just use AFFM on turn 2 and maybe turn 3 by discarding the upgrade then that's fine, otherwise I would look at Ray Antilles.

19 minutes ago, teeseeuu said:

No squad-based objectives?

I'm terrible at picking objectives. Which are best for Squadrons?

8 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

Looks OK.

Gold Squadron in place of a B-Wing will add a little speed and save you a few points. 

If your Pelta is using AFFM it won't be using the flight commander. If you intend to just use AFFM on turn 2 and maybe turn 3 by discarding the upgrade then that's fine, otherwise I would look at Ray Antilles.

AFFM would probably just be for initial engagement, so I can throw it away on turn 2 or 3, like you said. Gold Squadron is a good idea though, thank you.

Looks solid.

AFFM! works great with B-Wings. If you can find a way to squeeze Hondo in there, you will be able to activate it twice. If you can also find a way to squeeze Ahsoka on board, you can probably manage to use it three times.

It would also be great for your bombers to get Norra Wexley in there. She is such a fantastic force multiplier.

For objectives...

Superior Positions would be better for you than Solar Corona. It has the same deployment advantage plus victory points when you bomb the rear of a ship.

Precision Strike is pretty good, and quite popular with bomber fleets. But I've also used Station Assault to good effect with my bomber fleet — the victory points usually work out to a wash, but it can be nice to have the battle take place near two stations that you can use but your opponent cannot.

A lot of people put Fighter Ambush in their suite of objectives. It is good, but I see people make the mistake of using the Ambush part too aggressively and getting their bombers too far away from their ships to be supported with squadron commands and/or flak. If you can reign in that temptation, it works well.

You can split the AF into a yavaris and another flotilla. Yavaris is really the lynchpin that makes rebel bombers sing. Without it, you will often feel swarmed and your bombers wont last long.

Alternatively, instead of another flotilla you could take flight commander and FCT off the pelta and put it on yavaris, while the pelta uses engine techs, affm, and adar talon. In this way you can use the pelta to rush xwings and a bwing into position to bomb with affm, use adar to unactivate the bwing, and then activate yavaris to bring in 2 more with fct and activate 3 with a token for triple double tapping b's plus whatever the x and b did the activation before. That is a lot of damage.

Engine techs on a pelta is awesome, cause otherwise you are essentially throwing those points away and hoping to trade up.  ET gives it a prayer of escaping thanks to a banked nav token on a critical turn.