Sign in to follow this  
topacesteve

Luke Vs Luke in Tournaments and Legal duration of single match

Hello guys, i havent played a tourney yet, what is your opinion if 2 opposite Lukes fight each other? Yikes.... also what is the normal duration in mins for a single game?

One of them is Luuke or Bigger Luke; probably your version.   

Such a restriction would require players to bring multiple (and in some cases suboptimal) lists, or for tournament rules to require players to be ready to rotate lists in different rounds. Worked ok for Star Wars CCG, but pretty bulky for IA.

Time limit is 65 minutes per game, at the end of which the player with most VP wins.
As for Luke vs Luke, i don't think this is gonna ever happen in the next tournaments because Han outsmarts him really a lot, and all rebel lists are almost the same now (Han + Rangers and so on).
But in the case two Lukes would fight each others, the one with better command cards and better luck (white die) will prevail on the other, but i think Luke would probably focus on the other damage dealers such as Rangers in order to gain advantage faster.

12 minutes ago, topacesteve said:

There should be a restriction so no the same Unique Figure is on the table from both sides. Totally Unthematic

Yet impossible to achieve, this would unbalance the game to make it unplayable.

24 minutes ago, erlucius90 said:

all rebel lists are almost the same now (Han + Rangers and so on).

I don’t know that I’d agree with that. Most Rebel lists are including Han but other than that there is huge variety. @brettpkelly won a Regional with a Luke/Han list. I went undefeated in swiss and placed third with a Han/Ahsoka/Drokkatta list, and there have been a lot of Han/Chewie lists running around. At the Omaha Regionals I faced one Han/Rangers list, but all the other Han builds were different. 

All that is to say, the meta is really healthy right now. If you run Luke and go to a big tourney, it wouldn’t surprise me if you faced a Luke. He’s likely to show up in several lists (I faced Luke at the Omaha Regional in one of my games). 

But your bigger worry is Luke’s father. He’s in full-on Rogue One mode right now.

-ryanjamal

Edited by ryanjamal

9 hours ago, topacesteve said:

There should be a restriction so no the same Unique Figure is on the table from both sides. Totally Unthematic

If you wanted to go for thematic-like battles, you could run a new style of play:

Everyone must bring 2 armies of different factions, mixing affiliations is banned(Temporary Alliance, Jawa, etc...)

When paired up, either try to play with the army you've played the least with, or decide randomly, switching sides as necessary, kind of like SWCCG. You can also look for more thematic missions than just picking up and controlling "crates".

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, theChony said:

If you wanted to go for thematic-like battles, you could run a new style of play:

Everyone must bring 2 armies of different factions, mixing affiliations is banned(Temporary Alliance, Jawa, etc...)

When paired up, either try to play with the army you've played the least with, or decide randomly, switching sides as necessary, kind of like SWCCG. You can also look for more thematic missions than just picking up and controlling "crates".

We actually did this on Vassal for our most recent Vassal tournament--it was called "No Mirrors" (ie, no mirror-matches).  Each player built 3 squads, 1 per faction.  Then, at the start of each match the players would roll off to decide who would be the first to choose his squad for the match (ie, Rebels), then his opponent would choose one of his squads from the other 2 factions (ie, Imps or Mercs).  It was a blast!  Most fun I've had in an IA tournament so far!