venresing

I Made "Spellbooks" for Magic

A while back, some of my players said they wanted to be spellcasters. So, I reorganized the magic tables and descriptions to give to my players so they don't have to parse through everything.

I really like the magic system that Genesys gives us, but I think it's really hard to easily read what spells you have cast from your skill. In response, I just screen capped them from my core rulebook pdf and made PDFs based on the types of spells each different skill (Arcane, Primal, and Divine) can cast in their own contained "Spellbook."  I shared this on the Genesys subreddit a few days ago but I found the official forums the other day and both communities have been really helpful and integral in me learning the system and building a better world and campaign so I'd like to throw something back to help anyone else out :)

Here's a link to where you can download each Spellbook, as well as the individual pages: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eb3zl7vw1b2u96p/AAAVVcHRU_-yBYkWPmcSQP2qa?dl=0

I like the idea of this a lot, but you should go the extra step of striking line items that are unique to caster types other than the featured one for the spellbook (e.g. strike arcane out of the primal book), to make the result even easier to use.  I like the blank section to the side of each type to essentially build a speed dial of favorites.

13 hours ago, Dragonshadow said:

I like the idea of this a lot, but you should go the extra step of striking line items that are unique to caster types other than the featured one for the spellbook (e.g. strike arcane out of the primal book), to make the result even easier to use.  I like the blank section to the side of each type to essentially build a speed dial of favorites.

Oh, duh, I didn't think about that. Yeah, I'll update that when I get a chance soon!

Great idea! Thanks for this. Think someone could put together spellbooks for Realms of Terrinoth's Runes and Verse skills?

Runes: Attack, Augment, Barrier, Curse, Utility

Verse: Augment, Curse, Dispel, Heal, Utility

Bonus points if the design is themed after the Terrinoth book!

Edited by Redwense

1 hour ago, Redwense said:

Thanks! Would it be too much to ask for “Runes” and “Verse” in your format?

I might. They'll be in the generic Genesys layout rather than the RoT format. I may make RoT themed ones at some point, but not soon.