Sk3tch

Leia and Fleet troopers

16 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

I assume Vader has a baked in ability that if he’s facing off against Fleet Troopers inside spaceship terrain, the Fleet Troopers all just die terribly.

Im still in shock there isnt a kneeling Fleet Trooper!!

31 minutes ago, LennoxPoodle said:

One might say that a kneeling fleet trooper would be modelling for advantage...

And the hh 12 isn't? Not relly an advantage if you have to trace los both ways

On 1/25/2018 at 2:12 PM, WAC47 said:

Red dice are better than white with a defensive surge. And yeah, Leia has better damage but I wouldn’t discount the value of extra range.  

Fleet Troopers are much better as expected.

Leia is a bit better, but not the best still.

I think the unpainted fleet troopers look fine for the most part (except for the 'running' one; he looks hilarious, like he's trying to do the mannequin challenge), though I agree the shape of the helmets isn't quite right. The missing antennae also makes them look odd, though I imagine that they were just too delicate to be included. Shouldn't be too difficult for people to add them on themselves though if they really want to.

Unpainted Leia, however, still looks bad. Maybe even worse than the painted figure already shown. The pose looks awkward and unnatural, like she's trying to do a forward lunge, and her legs seem too small in proportion to her upper body. Her face though, that's a truly scary sight! She looks like a cross between Kim Kardashian and Steve Tyler. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!

leia2.JPG

Edited by maddwarfer

Yeah, her cheek bones are a touch too prominent. The running Fleet Trooper looks weird because they opted for his planted foot to be flat on the ground, which provides a more stable base connection point, but doesn't look right for someone running.

EDIT: Why doesn't FFG post these photos on their .com website? Why only the Spanish one? :huh:

Edited by Caimheul1313

21 minutes ago, maddwarfer said:

I think the unpainted fleet troopers look fine for the most part (except for the 'running' one; he looks hilarious, like he's trying to do the mannequin challenge), though I agree the shape of the helmets isn't quite right. The missing antennae also makes them look odd, though I imagine that they were just too delicate to be included. Shouldn't be too difficult for people to add them on themselves though if they really want to.

Unpainted Leia, however, still looks bad. Maybe even worse than the painted figure already shown. The pose looks awkward and unnatural, like she's trying to do a forward lunge, and her legs seem too small in proportion to her upper body. Her face though, that's a truly scary sight! She looks like a cross between Kim Kardashian and Steve Tyler. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!

leia2.JPG

I cant unsee kim k leia

6 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

You're going to be looking at this figure from several feet away; not sure that her facial features are super important at that distance.

But as a painter, it does

1 minute ago, Jabby said:

But as a painter, it does

I guess? If your goal is to put good looking minis on the table her face sculpt isn't going to be a problem in the way her pose or proportions are. Put anything under a microscope and it's not gonna look that great, like one's pores.

20 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

You're going to be looking at this figure from several feet away; not sure that her facial features are super important at that distance.

You'll always know it's there, though. Watching. Staring. Staring into your soul. Always staring.

...Always.

On 26/01/2018 at 2:18 PM, Triangular said:

Models without painting:

ffsw013_gallery_1_es

and Leia:

ffsw012_gallery_1_es

Ok a question regards the troopers.

Do you have o have a squad armed as above with the different weapons or are options included in the box so they could all be armed with the pistols for example?

6 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

Ok a question regards the troopers.

Do you have o have a squad armed as above with the different weapons or are options included in the box so they could all be armed with the pistols for example?

It comes with 5 troopers holding pistols and 2 specials each holding their heavy weapon.  No other choices are included.

5 minutes ago, unxbr3akabl3 said:

It comes with 5 troopers holding pistols and 2 specials each holding their heavy weapon.  No other choices are included.

Hmm,. find that a bit offputting

Love the Troopers but wonder why they are forcing everyone to have the exact same squads?

2 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

Hmm,. find that a bit offputting

Love the Troopers but wonder why they are forcing everyone to have the exact same squads?

You can have a base squad of four guys with pistols, you can add 1 more trooper mini with pistol.  Then you can have 1 of the 2 heavy minis of an upgrade. so the max you can use is 6 per squad. The lowest is the 4 for the base cost. You can have 5 man squad, the 4 base and a heavy mini or the 4 base and a trooper mini to make 5. So squads will vary from, 4-6 minis.

they aren't, each squad is 4 soldiers with an upgrade slot for 1 extra trooper and 1 special trooper.  Those are just the total figures that come in a box, they cant all be used at the same time.

3 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

In composition or poses? Poses it's cheaper to produce models that only have a single pose than multi-part/pose fully customizable miniatures. Also, the models are very easy to assemble. Composition, it is easier to balance, they can use cards to show everything, and there won't be any confusion over the special weapons in your opponent's squads. 

Hi thanks for the responses.

I presumed it was just a squad of 6 and everyone would have the 4 troopers and the 2 extra weapons.  Much better with them as optionals...just a shame in a way you cant just add more troopers to max of 6 just with pistols(iconic for me ;p)

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

Hi thanks for the responses.

I presumed it was just a squad of 6 and everyone would have the 4 troopers and the 2 extra weapons.  Much better with them as optionals...just a shame in a way you cant just add more troopers to max of 6 just with pistols(iconic for me ;p)

You'd be able to have 5 with pistols.  So perhaps the answer to your question is to not use heavy weapons and just add in another squad of troops.