Sign in to follow this  
OneWithTheForce

I can't decide!!

Hello fellow X-wingers, 

Need a little help in deciding between two list I've made. Further to my previous post I've now managed to put together what I hope is a decent Dash/Ghost list. Put I've also put together quite a fun Dash/Poe list. Both have completely different strategies but I can't decide which is better! 

Neither is a particularly competitive list and I think inevitably both ships will go down, it's just a question of how much damage I do before I loose I guess. 

Lothal Rebel (43)
VCX-100 (35), Accuracy Corrector (3), Autoblaster Turret (2), Courier Droid (0), Hera Syndulla (1), Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Dash Rendar (57)
YT-2400 Freighter (36), Lone Wolf (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Rey (2), Outrider (5), Smuggling Compartment (0), EMP Device (2), Counter-Measures (3)

or

Dash Rendar (57)
YT-2400 Freighter (36), Lone Wolf (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Rey (2), Outrider (5), Smuggling Compartment (0), EMP Device (2), Counter-Measures (3)

Poe Dameron (PS9 Version) (43)
T-70 X-Wing (33), Black One (1), R2-D2 (4), Advanced Optics (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Autothrusters (2)

As always any help or advice you guys (and gals) can offer is always appreciated. :D

Dash/Poe is pretty competitive.  I think it will do better overall

I prefer scavenger crane over EMP on Dash because you can use countermeasures multiple times.  Plus, you don't have the mental debate of whether this is the turn to use it or not.

I love the ghost(it's one of my favorite ships), but when paired with lone wolf Dash, it tends to burn fast.  You have to separate the 2 of them when the ghost really excels when it has direct support.

EMP is interesting.  It kind of solves the Donut Hole, and while Scavenger Crane can refresh Countermeasures, you can only really do that at Range 2.  Next turn, you'll be able to barrel roll off a rock if you land on one with your ion move, and your opponent will probably be in a bad position to get back into R1.  Another great Dash upgrade is Rigged Cargo Chute. Having another debris field to clog up lanes is great, since Dash can just ignore it

That isn't a VCX I'd personally build (having both Anti-Pursuit Lasers and an AccC Autoblaster means no one will ever want to get in R1 of you, so they'll just fly away from it), but it doesn't seem too bad.  Poe is, of course, pretty standard and a "can't really go wrong" ship.

Another thought could be double-2400.  I saw someone flying a ship somewhat like this along with a Rey once, but I've tweaked it to my own preferences: Eaden Vrill with Heavy Laser Cannon, Cassian Andor, and Anti-Pursuit Lasers (43 points).  You'll have a 4-dice attack at long range, like a VCX, but in close you'll have barrel rolls and Cassian to help set up strong blocks.  Since you'll probably be flying Debris for Dash, you might have a few more stressed opponents, and you may be able to dissuade folks from taking stress on their own.  Alternately (and maybe better), you could find points somewhere for Rigged Cargo Chute.  Cassian could be dropped to Intelligence Agent, HLC could become Manger Cannon and two wiggle points, or Eaden dropped to Fringer and one wiggle point.

*e*

OH! Now that I'm thinking about Rigged Cargo Chutes, a Resistance Sympathizer with Wookiee Commandos, Evade Falcon title, and Snuggling Compartments/RCC is 41 points.  That seems OK, maybe.

Edited by theBitterFig

I would agree that that VCX is too easy to avoid.

That Dash Poe list actually looks quite competitive - it takes skill, but it can sure win. I am also partial to the Crane on Dash with Countermeasures, but I see the value of EMP device or the Cargo Chute. However, if you instead used Mangler Cannon, then Scavenger Crane ALL THE WAY.