Algernon

Raider aft crippled, then reveals 1 bank

Played a game tonight.  Raider was rammed in the aft section by the gr-75, crippling the section.  Raider then reveals a 1 bank maneuver. Crippled aft card says cannot do 1 bank maneuvers.  What should we do? Couldn't find the answer in a quick flip through the the rulebook, so we treated it as a one forward.  I had a look in the support section, but couldn't find a clear answer. Anyone know how it should have been played?

27 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Played a game tonight.  Raider was rammed in the aft section by the gr-75, crippling the section.  Raider then reveals a 1 bank maneuver. Crippled aft card says cannot do 1 bank maneuvers.  What should we do? Couldn't find the answer in a quick flip through the the rulebook, so we treated it as a one forward.  I had a look in the support section, but couldn't find a clear answer. Anyone know how it should have been played?

Aside from a small/large ship attempting a red maneuver while stressed, an illegal maneuver results in your opponent selecting a legal maneuver for your ship. For example, a ship with Shaken Pilot cannot be assigned straight maneuvers. "If a ship with Shaken Pilot reveals a straight maneuver, the opposing player chooses any nonstraight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute. If the ship is also stressed, the opposing player chooses any non-red, non-straight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute." (FAQ v4.4.0, pg. 9)

6 hours ago, Algernon said:

5 hours ago, FireSpy said:

Aside from a small/large ship attempting a red maneuver while stressed, an illegal maneuver results in your opponent selecting a legal maneuver for your ship. For example, a ship with Shaken Pilot cannot be assigned straight maneuvers. "If a ship with Shaken Pilot reveals a straight maneuver, the opposing player chooses any nonstraight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute. If the ship is also stressed, the opposing player chooses any non-red, non-straight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute." (FAQ v4.4.0, pg. 9)

Well, this is my off-the-cuff ruling. . .

Damage cards say the ship cannot be assigned a 1 bank.  Since the maneuver was assigned prior to the damage, it was a legal maneuver when assigned, and can be carried out one last time.

2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:
8 hours ago, Algernon said:

8 hours ago, FireSpy said:

Well, this is my off-the-cuff ruling. . .

Damage cards say the ship cannot be assigned a 1 bank.  Since the maneuver was assigned prior to the damage, it was a legal maneuver when assigned, and can be carried out one last time.

I agree with you in cases where it says "cannot be assigned". However, the crippled Raider aft section says "You cannot choose or execute [left 1 bank] or [right 1 bank] maneuvers", making it illegal to execute the maneuver, even if it was legal when it was chosen.

5 minutes ago, FireSpy said:

I agree with you in cases where it says "cannot be assigned". However, the crippled Raider aft section says "You cannot choose or execute [left 1 bank] or [right 1 bank] maneuvers", making it illegal to execute the maneuver, even if it was legal when it was chosen.

There it is.  I couldn't find the card online to read, and not at home to look at my own.

So I guess you should go back to opponent chooses. . .

47 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

That’s unfortunate... I would argue thematically it gets to do it one last time but I guess RAW if you can cripple the rear in the activation phase before it activates and it was banking you get to reset it 

Imperial Captain: Turn us to port!

Helmsman:  They shot us in the butt, sir!  I'm gonna do whatever they say!!!!