Sign in to follow this  
sakieh

Question on the Clan Seal cards..

I have searched, and could not find any information on this, so:

What is the purpose of the adding the Clan Symbol part of the effects of the Clan Seal cards? (Seal of the Unicorn gives an eligible target the Unicorn symbol, Seal of the Crane gives an eligible card the Crane symbol, etc).

The purpose is to add that icon to the character - such as Way of the Crab requires you sacrifice a Crab Clan character as part of its cost, any character with Way of the Crab is Crab Clan and thus can be used to pay the cost (like a keeper initiate.)

Similarly Way of the Scorpion can only dishonor a non-Scorpion clan character, so if you play a Seal of the Scorpion on a character then your opponent could not use Way of the Scorpion to dishonor it.

11 hours ago, shosuko said:

The purpose is to add that icon to the character - such as Way of the Crab requires you sacrifice a Crab Clan character as part of its cost, any character with Way of the Crab is Crab Clan and thus can be used to pay the cost (like a keeper initiate.)

Similarly Way of the Scorpion can only dishonor a non-Scorpion clan character, so if you play a Seal of the Scorpion on a character then your opponent could not use Way of the Scorpion to dishonor it.

"Any character with Seal of the Crab" ;)

On 1/21/2018 at 11:50 PM, sakieh said:

I have searched, and could not find any information on this, so:

What is the purpose of the adding the Clan Symbol part of the effects of the Clan Seal cards? (Seal of the Unicorn gives an eligible target the Unicorn symbol, Seal of the Crane gives an eligible card the Crane symbol, etc).

Directly, it does nothing. It only affects interactions with other cards that care which clan that character belongs to. Way of the Crab and Way of the Scorpion are two good examples. Right now, these "Seal of X" cards are not a big deal, but they might be in the future. As more cards appear that target characters of specific clans, being able to treat a neutral or cross-clan character as part of your main clan could be extremely useful.

Off the top of my head Seal of the Unicorn works with I Am Ready, Seal of the Lion works with Honored General, Seal of the Crane works with Young Harrier, Seal of the Scorpion works with Back-Alley Hideaway. 

Having said all that, Seal of the Crab is the best of the lot for my mind to work with Way of the Crab and Crisis Breaker.