bumbleb1492

Asajj and two syndicate thugs. How would you run them?

Hi I'm still new to xwing and went to my first tournement and went 1-3 with this list.

++ Standard (Scum) [100 Points] ++

+ Lancer-class Pursuit Craft +

PS 6 - •Asajj Ventress [50 Points]: Countermeasures, Push the Limit, Scavenger Crane, •Latts Razzi, •Shadow Caster

+ Y-Wing +

PS 2 - Syndicate Thug [25 Points]: Twin Laser Turret, Unhinged Astromech

PS 2 - Syndicate Thug [25 Points]: Twin Laser Turret, Unhinged Astromech

++ Total: [100 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

What I'm wondering is if you had to fly asajj and two thugs how would you do it? I like the list but I don't know about asajj's loudout. Any ideas? 

I know a lot of people really value the "Timewalk" Asajj (detailed below).  She comes in at 48 so you still have room for the Thugs as you have loaded them out.

Asajj Ventress (37)
Lone Wolf (2)
Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Countermeasures (3)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

You could make the argument for swapping a glitterstim for a scavenger crane to bring back countermeasures, but that may just be a playstyle preference.  There is still 2 points available to upgrade Lone Wolf to PTL, but I think its fine there.  You could upgrade unhinged to R4 Agromechs to make the second (and following shots) better.  No need to work in an initiative bid at this point.

If you wanted be title, you could drop one of the Stim’s in @Rolotamasi ‘s list above. But unless your meta is littered with a lot of 3 agility ships, I wouldn’t think it’s necessary to make the TLT’s more effective.

Edited by jwilliamson12

I like this idea, 3 major control aspects:

Asajj

PTL

Latts

Shadowcaster

Scavenger Crane

Countermeasures

Thug x 2

Ion Cannon Turret

R4 Agromech

Asajj does Asajj things, and then Tractors the target, dropping agility. Thugs follow up, likely as not hitting with a focus and then rerolls on a reduced agility target. Soon, you have the enemy pinned down, and you can freely drive them down one at a time.

Ok, is there some trick to flying the "Timewalk" Asajj that I am just not seeing, or do you just pop the glitterstim on 2 concurrent terms? 

Edited by mattman75

2 hours ago, mattman75 said:

Ok, is there some trick to flying the "Timewalk" Asajj that I am just not seeing, or do you just pop the glitterstim on 2 concurrent terms? 

It's purely situational.  Both Countermeasure and glitterstim are "Start of combat" so you have a full assessment of threat against her.  You pop it when you need it.  If you are going to eat a range 1 4/5 dice attack you pop it.  If you have a fully modded harpoon staring you down, you crack the countermeasure and glitterstim.  Tank the damage and then try to delete the threat off the board.

There's not really a "trick".  It's just that between Lone Wolf and glitter you are essentially guaranteed two evades.  Use her ability + Latts and you get another.  If you were able to take an evade action you have a 4th.

You have two attacks you are essentially guaranteed 4 dice worth of mitigation.  Another that could shed a TL and negate potentially 5 or more.  If you can withstand that mountain of defense you have a chance of whittling her down.

17 hours ago, Rolotamasi said:

I know a lot of people really value the "Timewalk" Asajj (detailed below).  She comes in at 48 so you still have room for the Thugs as you have loaded them out.

Asajj Ventress (37)
Lone Wolf (2)
Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Countermeasures (3)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

You could make the argument for swapping a glitterstim for a scavenger crane to bring back countermeasures, but that may just be a playstyle preference.  There is still 2 points available to upgrade Lone Wolf to PTL, but I think its fine there.  You could upgrade unhinged to R4 Agromechs to make the second (and following shots) better.  No need to work in an initiative bid at this point.

Given the 3-ship list, maybe it's fine to drop the Lone Wolf for something else.  I'm not sure how often it triggers in on-table geometry.  Veteran Instincts would get PS 8 (if you shoot before Miranda, you can possibly toss her on a rock... that cost me a winnable game in a tournament once), or Fearlessness can add extra hits.  This would leave a total of 3 points in the list, perfect for the Shadowcaster Title.  Hitting someone up with a Tractor beam token before the TLTs light them up is pretty sexy.

If keeping Lone Wolf, I might drop the droids from my Y-Wings entirely to get Shadowcaster.  Mostly, I just really like the title.

I might try out the timewalk asajj with the y wings just having tlt's it'll shift the focus for matched play on asajj because she'll be the most points. But she'll have alot of defence to chew through or they ignore asajj and kill the y wings while asajj goes unchecked and get auto re rolls from lone wolf once the y wings are gone.