duck_bird

IDK my bff Leia?

Hey folks,

There's a local tournament coming up on Saturday and I'm bored with my Imperials.  I don't have much experience running Rebels yet so I want to give them a chance.  I love the commander Leia and want to put together a fleet that can use her ability well.  Let me know what you think!

Leia's Liberty: (391/400)

Advanced Gunnery, Hyperspace Assault, Dangerous Territory

MC80 Battle Cruiser: Leia (admiral), Lando,  Fire Control Team, Nav Team, Ion cannon batteries, XX9s, XI7s

Nebulon Support: SFO, QBTs, Salvation

Hammerhead Torpedo: External Racks, TFO

Hammerhead Torpedo: External Racks, TFO

GR75: Expanded Hanger Bay, Bright Hope

Shara

Tycho

2x A-wings

Thoughts?  Should I try to find room for Mon Karren? Or maybe Endeavor? Do I need Lando on the Liberty?  Or should I try to pick something to give me more control over dials?  Can I abandon squads entire and cram more hammerheads in here?

Any input is much appreciated.  Thanks!

edit: Oh, and maybe drop the transport and take the Liberty title?  That would let me control 4 squads with Leia, no?

Edited by duck_bird

Ah, Leia for fun and flavor mostly.  I like the flexibility she can give to ships.

Yeah gunnery teams is probably better.  I thought landing the two types of crits and dealing a bunch of face up could be neat.

I would recommend dropping the Gr-75 and some other upgrades to get another hammerhead, as they work best in groups of 3 and higher. lando is not a bad idea, however, depending on what your meta is like you might need a larger bid, and likewise for the liberty and the endevour. I wouldn't take xi7 and mon karren, as taking both make the effects kind of redundant. 

with that in mind, your list would look something like this:

MC80 Star Cruiser (96)
• Leia Organa (38)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Nav Team (4)
• Leading Shots (4)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
= 155 Points

Nebulon-B Support Refit (51)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Salvation (7)
= 64 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• External Racks (3)
• Task Force Organa (1)
= 40 Points

• External Racks (3)
• Task Force Organa (1)
= 40 Points

• External Racks (3)
• Task Force Organa (1)
= 40 Points

Squadrons:
• Shara Bey (17)
• Tycho Celchu (16)
• 2 x A-wing Squadron (22)
= 55 Points

Total Points: 394

1 hour ago, duck_bird said:

Haha, sounds good.

I think I might need to revamp the list.  

I'm pretty much the vassal punching bag at this point so I'll see if I can't get some practice in with variants of the build this week!  Get all the inefficiencies beaten out of me.

You have inspired me to take another look at Leia and see if I can get her to work. I've been riding high on my successes with Mon Mothma and Ackbar, so it would be good for me to take the punching bag role for a while too. :)

I know this is quite a bit different from your original list but this is what I ran at my last regionals and took first with it. It was a blast to fly too! 

Leia msu 4  

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: Leia Organa 

Assault Objective: Station Assault
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona 

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36 points)
-  Task Force Organa  ( 1  points)
-  External Racks  ( 3  points)
= 40 total ship cost

Hammerhead Scout Corvette (41 points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  Slaved Turrets  ( 6  points)
= 51 total ship cost

Hammerhead Scout Corvette (41 points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  Slaved Turrets  ( 6  points)
= 51 total ship cost

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Admonition  ( 8  points)
-  Tactical Expert  ( 6  points)
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points)
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points)
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points)
-  Assault Concussion Missiles  ( 7  points)
= 101 total ship cost

[ flagship ] CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  Leia Organa  ( 38  points)
-  Jainas Light  ( 2  points)
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points)
= 98 total ship cost

4 A-Wing Squadrons ( 44 points) 

Hmmm I think I've moved onto a slightly different version:

Currently sitting at 399 points:

-Salvation with QBTs

-Yavaris with normal stuff

-3 HH torps with Exracks and TFO

-1 Naked flotilla

-Dutch, Wedge, Jan, Gold, and 2 Xwings

I'm liking the list a lot.  I need to learn a lot about deployment though.  I think it'll be a fun change of pace from my Imperial lists!

Play testing continues!

Salvation continues to be kinda.... lackluster.  Considering dropping it for another HH or a CR90.  Except at that point I'm basically running @geek19's regionals list!  Downgrading would save me a few points and let me buy some upgrades I'd like, but I dunno.  I feel like I want Toryn, and maybe BCC, and maybe hand SFO to the nebs.  Just not room enough for everything.  

Fun list though.  Definitely learning a lot playing it.

I have another version that heavily downgrades the squad ball to get even more hammerheads in.  Don't think I'll have time to test it out though!

57 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Salv is always a bit lucklustre as a solo burst threat. For it to be effective the enemy need to be forced into a situation where they think twice about bracing. 

Would IO on Salvation make it much better? 

... Is Salvation good at all, in your op Gink? 

Or overcosted for its damage value? (Though also good at plinking form long range, not particularly mobile.) I am also kinda referring to your Sato list, as I know its there for the added crit power, but still.

Yeah I'm not sure if it is.  Sometimes I roll 7 damage from long range with it.  Sometimes it explodes quickly.  Having Leia on there also makes it public enemy #1.  I think the list would be better if I moved her, but I'm a contrarian and special snowflake and dammit I want my list to be unique and have 2 nebulons in it.

Considering dropping Salvation for a cr90 to hide Leia on but... blah.  Not as fun.  Probably far safer, but not as fun.

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Salv is always a bit lucklustre as a solo burst threat. For it to be effective the enemy need to be forced into a situation where they think twice about bracing. 

It's sometimes lackluster at actually delivering a major burst of damage, but *threatening* to do so is something it excels at.

The key to Salvation's survival is to give your opponent a more tempting target.  Difficult to do with Leia on there.

I also suggest arriving somewhat late to the party. Salvation cleans up nice.

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Would IO on Salvation make it much better? 

... Is Salvation good at all, in your op Gink? 

Or overcosted for its damage value? (Though also good at plinking form long range, not particularly mobile.) I am also kinda referring to your Sato list, as I know its there for the added crit power, but still.

I find if you got the right commands set up and you have Spinals, Salvation can be more consistent with Leia. Though Sato works better with Salvation than Leia overall thanks to black dice.

6 hours ago, duck_bird said:

Yeah I'm not sure if it is.  Sometimes I roll 7 damage from long range with it.  Sometimes it explodes quickly.  Having Leia on there also makes it public enemy #1.  I think the list would be better if I moved her, but I'm a contrarian and special snowflake and dammit I want my list to be unique and have 2 nebulons in it.

Considering dropping Salvation for a cr90 to hide Leia on but... blah.  Not as fun.  Probably far safer, but not as fun.

I started my Leia experiment with the double Nebulon.  As many people have said, when Salvation works, it WORKS.  When it doesn't there's only so much you can do.  I've rolled 8 damage and an accuracy (crit enabled) before, and i've rolled like 2-3 and another accuracy.  IF your red dice roll well, you can cheat the blues on Salvation with the con fire reroll, and then reroll again with Toryn as needed.  If.

The other issue I ran into with Leia on Salvation is you're navigating SO much in order to NOT DIE with it that I would get 1, maybe 2 if I was lucky con-fire off all game.  Not ideal, really.  Even cheating commands with SFO helps some, but planning is a lot easier with a CR90, and its a lot easier to keep her ALIVE.

As for the squad game, I'd be interested to hear your results.  I got stomped by a Sloane list, but there were thoughts on my end afterwards of switching to 2 x's, Jan, a Z95, Ten Numb, and a B-wing.  Doesn't hit as hard in the bombing phase, but does ensure you win the squad phase.  Your squad list looks solid, too, though.

Also, if you want to steal my list, go ahead, haha.  I'm moving on to even crazier shenanigans in wave 7, but that's a story for Adepticon...

1 hour ago, geek19 said:

The other issue I ran into with Leia on Salvation is you're navigating SO much in order to NOT DIE with it that I would get 1, maybe 2 if I was lucky con-fire off all game.  Not ideal, really.  

Git gud at deployment.

Run Salv slightly slower so it joins the fight a turn later and then drills its way through. Enemy will commit to other targets that way. 

Hey Ducky, I know your tournament is tomorrow (I won't be there, they wouldn't go for me switching my day off from today to tomorrow), but here's a list I threw together when I was debating getting back into filthy rebs back in June.  I'm pretty sure I ran it a couple of times and it didn't die horribly...

Faction: Rebel Alliance 

Commander: Mon Mothma 

Assault Objective: Precision Strike 
Defense Objective: Fighter Ambush 
Navigation Objective: Superior Positions 

[ flagship ] Assault Frigate Mark II B (72 points)
-  Mon Mothma  ( 30  points) 
-  Lando Calrissian  ( 4  points) 
-  Expanded Hangar Bay  ( 5  points) 
= 118 total ship cost

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Admonition  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
= 80 total ship cost

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Foresight  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
= 80 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Expanded Hangar Bay  ( 5  points) 
-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
= 31 total ship cost

3 Y-Wing Squadrons ( 30 points) 
1 Biggs Darklighter ( 19 points) 
2 X-Wing Squadrons ( 26 points) 
1 HWK-290 ( 12 points) 

@emsgoof

Uhh, that's not my BFF Leia.  Mothma called me a smelly butt so now we aren't friends anymore.

List is finalized:

Salvation with Leia, SFO, Nav Team

Yavaris with the usual stuff

3 HHs with ER and TFO

1 naked flotilla

Jan, 2 Xwings, Wedge, Dutch, and Gold

I'll letcha all know how it goes tomorrow!