Vetnor

Burdened

Would people think that it would be a good idea if you were allowed to carry more items than three in your inventory but you would become "Burdened" and could only move 1 space per move action?

Also if you were addicted and carrying a large amount of drugs you would also be Burdened if you had more than three.

This would bring the board game more in line with the video game. I remember totally looting the Enclave's HQ in Fallout 3 and slowly walking all the way back to Megaton so I could sell everything :-)

Could work. I might actually make it so you get one less movement per item above the limit.

I might also have the S SPECIAL tile grant one extra inventory slot due to incresed strength.

Maybe also have P allow you to Scout from one space away, E allow you to recover 1 extra HP per Rest, C allow you to have one extra companion, I allow you to gain 33% extra XP rounded down, A give one extra movement per Move and L grant one reroll.

9 hours ago, Fnoffen said:

Could work. I might actually make it so you get one less movement per item above the limit.

I might also have the S SPECIAL tile grant one extra inventory slot due to incresed strength.

Maybe also have P allow you to Scout from one space away, E allow you to recover 1 extra HP per Rest, C allow you to have one extra companion, I allow you to gain 33% extra XP rounded down, A give one extra movement per Move and L grant one reroll.

Those are not bad ideas I will have to play test them.

I know giving SPECIAL tokens these traits would devalue some items but I would like to see your SPECIALs have more uses in the game. At least this would make the difference between characters greater giving them even more "character".

Maybe FFG already have them in an expansion?

Edited by Vetnor

On 1/20/2018 at 9:01 AM, Fnoffen said:

I think A and L would be too powerful, so if I may add to the house-rule brainstorm:

A = +1 MP when using two actions for MP in the same turn

L = Once during your turn, you may reroll any one die

OR...

L = +1 loot bag from encounter results