Sign in to follow this  
beefcake4000

What's the most exciting thing about the new wave for you?

Everyone's had a bit of time now to ponder the new wave and for me I think it's going to be a **** of a meta shake up, the like of which we haven't seen since the release of flotillas. 

The main thing in my mind is that we now have a critical mass of solid squadron defence options that can be placed on ships usefully, playing in a high squadron meta and since Maarek/Jendon appeared I've basically felt full/near full squadrons to be compulsory because there just wasn't enough good defence options. Between the new ship varients, early warning systems and cool little flak options my hope is that will balance out and you can afford to not run heaps of squads if you want. Even just the addition of a simple strategic officer is a points effective way to avoid having to play the flotilla war. All really awesome stuff! 

I think the best thing about this game has always been the variation of possible effective builds and this wave just adds to that. Never played X-wing but it seems the players there never stop complaining about the latest uber build for about 3 weeks before some sweeping errata nerfs it and the cycle starts again... so glad our game just doesn't have that. 

49 minutes ago, SkyCake said:

the most exciting thing is that its dropping 2 days before our regionals! YIKES!

I'm soooooo jealous of you guys.  You have enough wild card builds to make regionals really exciting and unpredictable! :D

Most exciting for me is the ISDK.  There are so many ways to run the thing, but I'm gonna start with an antisquadron FT build and an FCT Screed build with ACMs and Heavy Ion Emplacements (stolen from the fleet builds section.;))

For me it's the cymoon I've been working on a build for it that it can snipe flottlas from long range.  The activation padding flotillas used to bring will soon be a thing of the past when you can drop 4 in one turn with two cymoons also super excited for Thrawn I will be messing with him the most to find a build I like for him.

10 minutes ago, xero989 said:

For me it's the cymoon I've been working on a build for it that it can snipe flottlas from long range.  The activation padding flotillas used to bring will soon be a thing of the past when you can drop 4 in one turn with two cymoons also super excited for Thrawn I will be messing with him the most to find a build I like for him.

How are you gonna do that? QTCs with H9s?

I'm stoked to have not one but two separate Fire Control Team platforms. I've been excited about that stupid upgrade since it dropped, but there has never been a platform I felt like I could put it on.

Suddenly, FFG serves up a streaming hot meal of MC75 and a side of spicy ISDK with dipping sauce.

11 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Vader. Spinal. IF! H9 if you really, really want to.

Devastator if you're really cool.

With vader and h9s i think you would have a better chance. IF! Is good though. How about H9s and Spinal. 6 reds with rerolls and an almost guaranteed accuracy 

7 minutes ago, Jabby said:

With vader and h9s i think you would have a better chance. IF! Is good though. How about H9s and Spinal. 6 reds with rerolls and an almost guaranteed accuracy 

And IF!

To kill a flot at long range you need:

2 accs and 4 hits

1 acc and 5 hits (on separate dice)

With IF! and Vader and Spinals it's quite doable. Drop one or the other and chances are near nil.

Add CF for extra protection.

IF You take H9 you almost guarantee success.

However, that means you're not taking XI7, which is  far more useful IMO vs other ships.

(Motti oc complicates this - then you also want Devastator)

Edited by Green Knight

23 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

However, that means you're not taking XI7, which is  far more useful IMO vs other ship

I see what you mean. Fair point 

I am looking forward to Making Big Ships Great Again.

- Strategic Adviser. Screw you MSUs.

- Early Warning. Screw you bomber ball.

- ISDK. Screed is back in town!

- ISDC. Vader is back in town!

- MC75. So many black dice!

- Heavy Ion Emplacements. Screed again! And makes the ‘dictor a viable combat platform.

So, basically pretty much everything. 😍

50 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Sato MC75s

MC75 Armored as a badass combat carrier

Sato MC75 Ordnance Cruisers with expanded armaments can shoot 7 black out the front thats scary

Edited by Jabby

Hardened Bulkheads on an ET Liber... oh wait.

IF! for a CR90/HH swarm list.

HIE for DCaps Raiders or a Star Cruiser.

Raddus. Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

I'm generally not that crazy about ISDs (I know, I know), but Vader Cymoon has me genuinely excited.

And most importantly (can't believe no one's mentioned this yet considering how OP it clearly is): Captain Brunson Nav Hazards!

(For real though, it's nice to have another defensive officer option for imps and something about the obstacle restriction just calls to me.)