Sign in to follow this  
Wired4War

Adepticon?

I'm going to my first Con this year and am a little bummed that FFG isn't doing any RW demos and only 3 people are signed up for the RW tourny. They have demos for X-Wing, Armada, IA, and Legion (which  has tournaments going even though it's not out). I've never played past the core set for RW but was hoping to see more of it in action at a big wargame convention.

Eventually I'll try to build a local community, but it's hard to break 40k's hold. Any time I try to garner interest at my FLGS, I'm met with crickets. I think underselling it at cons won't help.

Which is odd since a year ago FFG was handing out core sets for free to VIP pass-holders at Adepticon.

But don't look at the low attendance at the tournament and think there isn't interest. It just means people who want to play in Runewars tournaments aren't the same people who want to attend Adepticon.

8 hours ago, Jukey said:

I'm hoping to attend but need to find a ride. I think part of the low turnout for the tournament has to do with the armada tournaments running simultaneously.

I could see that being an issue, especially since those two scratch a similar tactical itch (for me at least). Really I have no idea what to expect or read into for something like Adepticon, miniatures have mostly been a personal hobby of painting and lore for me with actual play being very sporadic. I was excited to realize a good sized wargame conference was less than an hour from home and my wife convinced me to be social and go. Hopefully see some of you there.

If only I could get to AdeptiCon this year. &*)&^%^&work trip &*)(^&(%^$%   It truly hurts me to my core to A) not be able to go and play Runewars and B) not be able to help promote the game especially at AdeptiCon.

33 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

looks like they have two tournaments. total of 3 players in one and 5 in the other. 

it's going to look really dire if it's so hard to fill tables at adepticon 

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Need something to inject some energy into the game.

On 1/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, TylerTT said:

My fingers are crossed for a compatable set of L5R factions 

The last few months that has been my thoughts. 

They will use the info they get from RuneWars and reintroduce Clan Wars. I figure the announcement will be at GenCon 2019. It could be this year, but it would be a surprise.