Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Honestly I've become very tired of the rhetoric of defending everything Skywalker by these fans.

Finn holds the Lightsaber in TFA? Fans scream about how it's a "Skywalker only" thing. Like it's some holy artifact. Like the name is holy.

Star Wars fans are on a whole 'nother level of hero worship and it's honestly disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, KCDodger said:

Honestly I've become very tired of the rhetoric of defending everything Skywalker by these fans.

Finn holds the Lightsaber in TFA? Fans scream about how it's a "Skywalker only" thing. Like it's some holy artifact. Like the name is holy.

Star Wars fans are on a whole 'nother level of hero worship and it's honestly disgusting.

I guess they forgot Han used that same saber to gut a tauntaun :D (fun fact: Did you know the internal temperature of a tauntaun is Luke warm?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I guess they forgot Han used that same saber to gut a tauntaun :D (fun fact: Did you know the internal temperature of a tauntaun is Luke warm?) 

(Hah. That joke may be a bit old but it checks out.)

No, they remember that. You know exactly why they don't like Finn having it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KCDodger said:

(Hah. That joke may be a bit old but it checks out.)

No, they remember that. You know exactly why they don't like Finn having it.

Because he was a stormtrooper? in real life he is, in fact British?

Or that whole stupid thing about race? (you never saw under the helmets, so how could you be sure, right? heck Clone Troopers were New Zealanders :) )

Personally, I like sharing this:

A look at the actors underneath the Stormtrooper helmets while ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

Because he was a stormtrooper? in real life he is, in fact British?

Or that whole stupid thing about race? (you never saw under the helmets, so how could you be sure, right? heck Clone Troopers were New Zealanders :) )

Personally, I like sharing this:

A look at the actors underneath the Stormtrooper helmets while ...

Oh it was definitely race.

Also that's pretty cool!

Remember how they were like "STORMTROOPERS CAN'T BE BLACK!!!"

Gods.

So transparent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KCDodger said:

Oh it was definitely race.

Also that's pretty cool!

Remember how they were like "STORMTROOPERS CAN'T BE BLACK!!!"

Gods.

So transparent...

I never understood that argument..  other than the fact we never saw black imperial officers (or women for that matter..) I always saw it as a visual clue to make you think nazi. Aside from the uniforms, the name "Stormtrooper" is a reference. (and to be honest, the only mention of racism or specious behavior from the Empire is from Legions, not canon. -I can't remember if they had Imperial officers in Rebels, other than Price and the female Death-Trooper..and possibly a Scout Trooper that Sabine wore the armor..)

Just because you didn't see them, doesn't mean they weren't there... those Imperial Star Destroyers are huge. And I think we've only seen three bridge crew. (ISD Avenger, Executor, and the ship that got hit with Ion cannons..."First catch of the day.." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

And I think we've only seen three bridge crew. (ISD Avenger, Executor, and the ship that got hit with Ion cannons..."First catch of the day.." 

That’s the ISD Tyrant a ship I named in EU when I was at Decipher in the mid to late 90s.   It  remains Canonical even now.   

I wanted the ISD to be formerly Grand Moff Tarkin’s Flagship reattached to Vader’s Death Squadron and it remained so until Disney’s buyout.

In Disney Canon Grand Moff Tarkin’s Flagship is now the Sovereign.

Jokes on them.  I named the ALL the Sovereign Class Star Destroyers  West End Games Dark Empire Sourcebook,  the Sovereign, the Autarch, the Despot, and the Heresiarch after Tyrants. 

 

@RuusMarev  @KCDodger  we actually see the bridge of fourth Star Destroyer in The Empire Strikes Back, as the Han makes them have near collision during the chase after the Falcon.   Some have said this is the Stalker

Between the bridge scenes and the holograms of the officers reporting to Vader as the Fleet is being hammered by asteroids,  we see ALL the Captains of Death Squadron in the movie.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Jokes on them.  I named the ALL the Sovereign Class Star Destroyers  West End Games Dark Empire Sourcebook,  the Sovereign, the Autarch, the Despot, and the Heresiarch after Tyrants. 

All hail, the great Imperial, Moff Arem. 

Thanks for all you've done for our beloved games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bucknife said:

All hail, the great Imperial, Moff Arem. 

Thanks for all you've done for our beloved games. 

You are very kind, there were a TON of us working back even in the early days. 

 

Also, a Sector Moff answers to an Imperial Advisor (as a Grand Moff answers to The Emperor alone),  did you just demote me?    

It’s the extra cheesecake I’ve been eating since the lockdown isn’t it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

cr693fz6mfx41.jpg

 

Three Trilogies for the Fanboys who love to Wail and Cry,

Seven Main Characters long adored in A New Hope Alone,

Nine Skywalker films at an End unless Kat Kennedy makes Reprise. 

One True Saga by George Lucas that We now All Own.

In the Land of Disney where even The Mouse Lies.

One Saga to Rule them all, One Saga to find them,

One Saga to bring them All, and to the Dark Side forever Bind them,

In the Land of Disney where even the Mouse’s Shadow Lies !!

 

 

dedicated to all you Off Topic Forum posters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...