Grand Admiral Buford

Solo Falcon. Seriously why has no one said anything?

So a Russian movie poster and a new confirmed Lego set box both show a seriously (un)modified YT-1300 with a new paint scheme from the new Solo movie. This is supposed to be the version that made the Kessel Run famous. I am not too sure how I feel about this version. Kinda cool and ugly all at the same time. I will attempt to add a link to the pics but Google will get you there faster than I can.

2 hours ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

So a Russian movie poster and a new confirmed Lego set box both show a seriously (un)modified YT-1300 with a new paint scheme from the new Solo movie. This is supposed to be the version that made the Kessel Run famous. I am not too sure how I feel about this version. Kinda cool and ugly all at the same time. I will attempt to add a link to the pics but Google will get you there faster than I can.

the one in the poster is the modified version. the falcon looks like normal yt1300 except for its radar dish and bigger turrets.  notably the falcon gap nosed look is actually its primary design feature. its for pushing cargo containers around

Also, im guessing no one has mentioned it as the Solo film is an obvious embarassment on par with JarJar Binks, and every few weeks it sounds worse. its likely the film that will turn public opinion on the modern franchise and solidify mixed feelings f the public into bad ones.

Rogue One was great, but otherwise Disney is failing hard. the mystique of star wars universe is withering under the weight of oversaturation and terrible writing. 

Whether you agree with the direction Star Wars since Disney has and will be taking, it is by no means failing. As long as it is profitable, it will be regarded as a success by the powers in charge of the franchise.

The Solo movie is still an unknown quantity, not an obvious embarrassment. The filmmakers don't owe us anything nor have to prove themselves to anyone but their stockholders. It may be a cynical way to view things, but that's what it boils down to. They're going to protect their multi-billion dollar investment and if that means they have to fire directors mid-stream or re-shoot 50% of a movie then that is what they are going to do.

The writing in the films has never been very good--it didn't have to be because it's the sum of all parts of the movies, the music, cinematography, costuming, art direction, editing, marketing, merchandising, etc. that make these movies what they are.

Just try and keep an open mind and you can find that you can enjoy Star Wars as it is, even Jar Jar.

1 hour ago, DagobahDave said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think the movie's likely to have an essentially Rebels-versus-Imperials plot.

but come on a 3rd Falcon for rebels is redonkulous! thats like giving the imperials 3 different decimators (i am not saying the falcon and decimator are the same in anyway)

Opinion-Alert!

I am pretty sure this movie is gonna suck... not Harrison = not Solo

Edited by Wookiee_Slayer

1 hour ago, DagobahDave said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think the movie's likely to have an essentially Rebels-versus-Imperials plot.

Pretty sure he'd never dealt with The Rebellion prior to ANH.

12 minutes ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

but come on a 3rd Falcon for rebels is redonkulous! thats like giving the imperials 3 different decimators (i am not saying the falcon and decimator are the same in anyway)

Opinion-Alert!

I am pretty sure this movie is gonna suck... not Harrison = not Solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLv993khfI&t=12

Sadly, they didn't use this guy. Despite the fact he literally knows Harrison Ford on a first name basis, has professionally worked with him as a young version of a character portrayed by Harrison Ford.

I cannot forgive the stupidity of foregoing Anthony Ingruber in favor of...

gettyimages-160855201.jpg

Whoever the **** this guy is...

24 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Yep, he was the definition of Scum in the early ANH.

And oh, this Anthony Ingruber is really a much better young Han Solo. Too late to reshoot Alden Ehrenreich out of the movie? ;)  

3 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Whether you agree with the direction Star Wars since Disney has and will be taking, it is by no means failing. As long as it is profitable, it will be regarded as a success by the powers in charge of the franchise.

The Solo movie is still an unknown quantity, not an obvious embarrassment. The filmmakers don't owe us anything nor have to prove themselves to anyone but their stockholders. It may be a cynical way to view things, but that's what it boils down to. They're going to protect their multi-billion dollar investment and if that means they have to fire directors mid-stream or re-shoot 50% of a movie then that is what they are going to do.

The writing in the films has never been very good--it didn't have to be because it's the sum of all parts of the movies, the music, cinematography, costuming, art direction, editing, marketing, merchandising, etc. that make these movies what they are.

Just try and keep an open mind and you can find that you can enjoy Star Wars as it is, even Jar Jar.

Absolutely agree.  

Disney is even preparing for a bad movie.  I applaud Disney for kicking out Lord/Miller for reportingly making the movie too comical.  At least Disney is trying to hold a standard.   

Keep in mind, even JarJar was needed. (He was the mindless fool that initiated the vote for Chancellor Palpatine to have full military control).  I will still see this movie a couple of times.

24 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

I was never interested in development of Han Solo movie, but holy **** this Anthony Ingruber dude looks perfect for the role!

IF ONLY THEY CHOSE HIM.

1 hour ago, NilsTillander said:

Have any of you seen any performance from Ehrenreich as Solo? He may be extremely brilliant, you guys are just being grumpy kids here...wait and see!

I know he isn't Anthony Ingruber.

And needed an acting coach.

1 hour ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

Listen @Captain Lackwit, i gave my opinion deal with it.

You sure did, and I agree that the guy they picked ain't Han, but Ingruber is.

1 hour ago, NilsTillander said:

Have any of you seen any performance from Ehrenreich as Solo? He may be extremely brilliant, you guys are just being grumpy kids here...wait and see!

No but we know the studio was deeply unhappy with the original performance and they got him an acting coach for the reshoots, and we know they've already written the movie off at Disney even though they reshot 90% of the movie.

So kinda reasonable to be sceptical don't you think.

Ahem... to answer the question: I'm more convinced that the new Falcon will be in Wave 14 along with a Resistance A-Wing and something for Imps, whether it be a TIE Reaper, Krennic's Shuttle, or something from Legends. We just don't know.

I think the missing SKU is a dual-faction Corvus with a T-65+fix and Imperial pilots. Also some new tricks and tools for the Raider, which I think is why they're reprinting it. They have no other reason to.

6 minutes ago, DariusAPB said:

Yeah even I'm skeptical of the Solo movie, and compared to hobo I'm a regular reservoir of optimism.

Not true I always had faith in the gunboat turning up.

But since the prequels no star wars film gets treated with optimism I've been burnt too badly, each movie gets judged on its merits.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:27 AM, Wookiee_Slayer said:

The new (unmodified) Falcon design would justify a different set of capabilities in this game. It might even be a new kind of ship, maybe an Unmodified YT-1300 with a different dial, mobile arc, reinforce action, who knows. It'd be "the Falcon" but in gameplay terms I'd expect it to perform very differently.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:40 AM, Captain Lackwit said:

Disney doesn't seem interested in preserving pre-Disney Star Wars canon. Whatever we think we know about Han Solo is probably going to get flipped on its head. A whole new wooorld...

Until we know more about the movie's plot, I think it's impossible to guess what XMG factions the characters and their ships would fit into. It might even require a new faction, or a subfaction that's shared by two factions in some way.

Maybe Lando smuggles Wookiees out of Imperial captivity along the Kessel Run, and Han is an Imperial customs officer who has a change of heart. There are eleventy-one ways you can get the rebels involved in that sort of story. Anyway, Lando and Han's story arcs can start just about anywhere -- although it's likely that they'll both end up pretty much right on the course to being who they are in ANH/ESB. I'm not sure either of those guys qualify as Scum in X-Wing terms. I mean, Scum is pretty scummy in this game.

The one prediction I'm making is that we're going to find out that Han only smuggles spice intended for medicinal use.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:27 AM, DXCrazytrain said:

Two words. Ron. Howard. It's not going to be as bad as you think.

I think Howard would make a great Star Wars movie if he had more control. As things are, I'm expecting Rogue One quality -- a good-looking mostly enjoyable Star War that's far from perfect.

Edited by DagobahDave