Parakitor

New Tournament Regulations

So nobody is talking about the new Epic tournament rules yet?

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b0/42/b042af26-6b17-46e2-b8ee-e101d2d4ee49/x-wing_epic_tournament_regulations_v10.pdf

Limit on number of small ships of same type decreased from 12 to 8.

Limit on number of large ships of same type decreased from 6 to 4.

Every squad is required to have 2-5 epic points.

You can only deploy within Range 1 now.

Obstacles cannot be placed at Range 1-2 of any edges.

EDIT: Limit of 4 copies of any Elite Talent per squad; limit of 4 copies of any secondary weapon per squad (thanks @ID X T)

Edited by Parakitor

Yeah it was kind of hidden.

Overall I am pretty happy with the changes, it certainly takes the edge of epic games. It is almost if they have reading some of the suggestions around here.

Now surely an FAQ must be coming, or better yet add an epic section to the other FAQ so they don’t forget about it anymore.

My only problem is that I own 8 TIE interceptors, and I have worked hard to acquire alternate art Push the Limit cards to bring my total up to 8. But now, even though I can run 8 TIE interceptors, they can't all have Push the Limit. I guess my Alpha Squadron Pilots are going to see even more play now.

4 hours ago, ID X T said:

You missed the biggest change.  Limit of 4 secondary weapons or EPT’s of the same name per squad (or team).

Also the change to ship numbers only applies for the 1v1 and not 2v2.

Yeah, no having to deal with swarms of TLT's or people not bringing a Huge ship is awesome. I also like the deployment rules. It will cause people to have to spread out a little bit more instead of just having both sides deploy on one half of the 6x3. 

Darth Meanie will not be happy, forced huge ship use. I love it but goodbye almost all swarm lists in epic, huge required. My big dogs must be unleashed.

Now un-nerf Palp in epic play! Long live the Empire!

Edited by LordFajubi

Well it wasn't in a news article like most FAQ and tournament rule changes even though there was an update a couple of days ago. Furthermore all changes in this document were not in Red so unless you had a copy of the last rules you wouldn't know what is different.

Actual Huge ship rules are still in 2015. So no update on the final Esege ruling.

As much as I like Huge ships in Epic I don't necessarily think they should have been a requirement as it does exclude players who may just be able to scrounge up enough to make 300 points. Further more you still have the 4x Ig-2000 list which I think FFG should have figured out a way to make more squadrons like that.

4 hours ago, Parakitor said:

My only problem is that I own 8 TIE interceptors, and I have worked hard to acquire alternate art Push the Limit cards to bring my total up to 8. But now, even though I can run 8 TIE interceptors, they can't all have Push the Limit. I guess my Alpha Squadron Pilots are going to see even more play now.

Do you play in epic tournaments that often? I mean, these are tournament regulations, totally irrelevant to how you play at home.

I like these for tournaments. Reign in TLT and Crackshot spam, speed up the game by forcing huge ships. Makes epic tournaments a bit more accessible (apart from space limitations).

4 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

Well good to said 4 per ept/secondary weapons but we have some problem to fix too : Zuckuss crew especially ;)

Why? Everyone complains that spending points on your epic is ineffective and now we have Maul and Zuckuss to make the epics at least worth their points a little bit ...  is that really bad? 

42 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Well it wasn't in a news article like most FAQ and tournament rule changes even though there was an update a couple of days ago. Furthermore all changes in this document were not in Red so unless you had a copy of the last rules you wouldn't know what is different.

This is a new 1.0 set. No past documents in this case, it itself counts as new and thus has no changes. At least that is what I am assuming. And the 2017 number is hopefully just a typo and not a sign that they forgot for 12 months just to release the document ^_^

5 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I've just acquired 4 more interceptors, so I could field 12. Oh well.

At least they can all have their autothrusters - if I get hold of enough of those!

1 hour ago, SEApocalypse said:

Why? Everyone complains that spending points on your epic is ineffective and now we have Maul and Zuckuss to make the epics at least worth their points a little bit ...  is that really bad? 

When you lose to much tie fighter against that, yes ! :P

Unavoidable 4 attack dice can be really painful !

4 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Do you play in epic tournaments that often? I mean, these are tournament regulations, totally irrelevant to how you play at home.

I like these for tournaments. Reign in TLT and Crackshot spam, speed up the game by forcing huge ships. Makes epic tournaments a bit more accessible (apart from space limitations).

I think the key point is limiting spam, so I think I'd like to try to play by tournament rules a few times. But you're right: if my opponent is cool with it, there's no reason I can't run 8 PtL interceptors at game night.

37 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

I think the key point is limiting spam, so I think I'd like to try to play by tournament rules a few times. But you're right: if my opponent is cool with it, there's no reason I can't run 8 PtL interceptors at game night.

You can always adjust them if needed. For example, you could use the 8 ship limit and apply the 4 card limits only to TLT, Crackshot, and possibly ordnance as required (maybe all of it, maybe keep the bad unlimited).

I for one am happy with the EPT and secondary weapon restrixtions. Ruthlessness spam is the spawn of Satan himself. I was running a ps9 ahsoka with captured tie and a Bohdi uwing as a janky way to get all my ships long range scanners.... until the first round of engagement when she was too close to my other ships. Got knocked off the board just in ruthlessness damage.

Lol again with the zuckuss whine.

Losing a 14pt tie to a 50+ point ship  is not unreasonable. Most huge ships aren't worth the points to begin with anyways zuckuss just makes the croc viable.

In fact considering the games are normally decided by the third turn of shooting even if the croc with zuckuss 1 shots 3 tie fighters over the game it still hasn't made it's points back.

Edited by Dabirdisdaword

13 hours ago, ID X T said:

You missed the biggest change.  Limit of 4 secondary weapons or EPT’s of the same name per squad (or team).

Also the change to ship numbers only applies for the 1v1 and not 2v2.

What I find funny about this is that there are legal* 100/6 lists which would be illegal in Epic.  Some TIE swarms would use up to 6 copies of Crack Shot.

*I'm not sure if they changed standard 100/6 tournament regulations, so this could be wrong.