s1ickrick

Damage Deck Storage Solutions

13 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Small ziploc, or in play a $5 Highbridge Brewing damage deck tray.

I bought a full set from Highbridge, trays, templates, and deck holder and it was worth every penny. Highest recommendation. Check them out on etsy.

Edited by DXCrazytrain

15 hours ago, Scrivner said:

I made a tuckbox from Sir Willi's site and I like it a lot.

I used cardstock, but it may work just as well with some other heavyweight paper.

http://sirwillibald.com/games/x-wing-miniatures-games/tuckboxcollection/

I second this. If your printer won’t handle cardstock, just head over to Alphagraphics or any local print store and have them print it out on cardstock for you. Should only cost you about a buck. 

I had a printer that couldn't take card stock for a while.  I just printed on regular paper and glued it to a cardboard box (specifically for breakfast cereal).  I think I used a glue stick as regular glue can soak the paper too much.  Then, I cut out the design for Sir Willis' tuck box.  Glue it like normal.  

10 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I had a printer that couldn't take card stock for a while.  I just printed on regular paper and glued it to a cardboard box (specifically for breakfast cereal).  I think I used a glue stick as regular glue can soak the paper too much.  Then, I cut out the design for Sir Willis' tuck box.  Glue it like normal.  

That's some next level Macgyver style **** there, Chadders.

1 minute ago, FTS Gecko said:

That's some next level Macgyver style **** there, Chadders.

When you don't have squat to spend on a solution, you can come up with a lot of different solutions!  I'm a cheap #%#$% and I have years of "affordable" Warhammer Fantasy Battle projects under my belt to help me along.  :D

15 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

You can always make one yourself, akin to the tuckboxes, since your home printer won't handle the heavier stock. Use an old manila file folder, birthday cards from Grandma or similar. It's not that big a pain in the keester as one might think.

This wins you the Recycle and Reuse of the Year award my friend.

1 minute ago, Vordyn said:

Yes, but that costs money.   

25 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Well @s1ickrick, my daughter pulled a free design off the Internet and had this one made on a 3D printer at her university, which the use of by students is uber cheap.....it's simply fantastic. @heychadwick, I used a free FFG bag like @Stoneface and @FTS Gecko for well over a year, haha.....

I have a problem with 3D printed stuff as I live in the South where it gets hot.  I have to store my stuff in my trunk on game days.  I had some 3D printed ship holders that melted around my minis.  I had to use a drehmel to get my Firespray out.  I only nicked it a little.  

16 hours ago, Scrivner said:

I made a tuckbox from Sir Willi's site and I like it a lot.

I used cardstock, but it may work just as well with some other heavyweight paper.

http://sirwillibald.com/games/x-wing-miniatures-games/tuckboxcollection/

I've found these boxes - either for ships or cards to be pretty good. The old Epson R800 or HP laserwriter takes 300gm cardstock ok and that's thick enough.

One thing I've found is that the heat in the laserwriter that 'cures' the toner, causes the card to shrink a bit, so I always oversize the copy by 104-107%...or the boxes can be a bit tight.

6 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I have a problem with 3D printed stuff as I live in the South where it gets hot.  I have to store my stuff in my trunk on game days.  I had some 3D printed ship holders that melted around my minis.  I had to use a drehmel to get my Firespray out.  I only nicked it a little.  

Around here they have a law against leaving miniatures in a hot transport; if your caught, you can be carted off to the  prison moon Oovo IV, which consequently Firespray 31 attack craft were designed to patrol and protect. 

Edited by clanofwolves