Sign in to follow this  
Joseph_Lavode

BGotW question

Today I picked up the Black Goat of the Woods expansion, and in browsing the rules and cards I came up with a question. I'm sure more will follow gran_risa.gif

Do you shuffle the cult encounter deck before drawing from it? If not do you place the encounter card at the bottom of the deck when it's through, and just have the same order of encounters again if you happen to go through the deck?

Good question. Since it's an encounter deck, I'd say you're supposed to shuffle. But I could see that you're supposed to cycle through, considering that it's a small-card deck.

In any case, I employ the same method for all types of Arkham Encounters: roll a die, and take that numbered card off the top of the deck. This way you never get the same card twice in a row. I actually use this for Ancient Ones and the Dunwich Horror stat cards too (and some others I'm sure; I can't remember).

awp832 said:

tibs,  sometimes  I wonder if you're playing the same game as the rest of us...   :D

::laughter:: you need to roll two three sided dices and one needs to land on a one and the other a six to wonder that ;'D

Knew I'd find more.

So does the Dark Druid actually move, or does the wording "When Dark Druid moves on a black path..." just mean when the hexagon monster symbol shows up on black monster movement?

awp832 said:

tibs,  sometimes  I wonder if you're playing the same game as the rest of us...   :D

I'm probably not. FFG's been kind enough to forward me an advance copy of 8th edition. It has investigator AND monster minis, 12 new AOs, and a corrected Patrice Hathaway and Call Ancient One spell!

Dark Pharaoh's no less confusing, unfortunately...

Tibs said:

I'm probably not. FFG's been kind enough to forward me an advance copy of 8th edition. It has investigator AND monster minis, 12 new AOs, and a corrected Patrice Hathaway and Call Ancient One spell!

And still no new official FAQ inside your private box. Oh, what the faq... ::laugh::

Tibs said:

awp832 said:

::Drool::

Tibs said:

awp832 said:

Such a thing exists?!?

Rovin said:

Tibs said:

awp832 said:

Such a thing exists?!?

::Laughter:: I'm assuming you're being ironic, but on the off chance you're new to this forum's insanity, I believe Arkham Horror is on it's second or third edition (I think it's second), so eighth will be some time in coming ;') Tibs only has his because his mastery of non-euclidean geometry allows him to reach his hand into the future and grab it (that's also how he can roll a one and a six on two three sided dice).

Julia said:

Tibs said:

And still no new official FAQ inside your private box. Oh, what the faq... ::laugh::

Exactly,  the rest of us forum dogs have to beg at the table for master tibs' scraps of leaked FAQ knowledge, never knowing when our next meal will be, yet forever hopeful that our dear leader will usher in the age of reason with his enlightened rule by the FAQ.     How's that for a mixed, extended metaphor?

Lavode,  it's my understanding that the Dark Druid indeed does actually move,  as if he were a normal black-bordered monster   (if you want to be technical,  he moves as a cultist,  so any alternate cultist stuff applies:   Hastur makes him flying, for example),   along with the additional special rules on the back of his monster token.

Avi_dreader said:

Rovin said:

Tibs said:

awp832 said:

Such a thing exists?!?

::Laughter:: I'm assuming you're being ironic, but on the off chance you're new to this forum's insanity, I believe Arkham Horror is on it's second or third edition (I think it's second), so eighth will be some time in coming ;') Tibs only has his because his mastery of non-euclidean geometry allows him to reach his hand into the future and grab it (that's also how he can roll a one and a six on two three sided dice).

LOL, I WISH I could be saying I was ironic, but I'm pretty new to this. That doesn't discount Tibs as a Hound of Tindalos in disguise, but I shouldn't suggest such things as, being a creature that travels via right angles, he's likely to take up residence in my Arkham Horror dice and do... bad... things....

Joseph_Lavode said:

So does the Dark Druid actually move, or does the wording "When Dark Druid moves on a black path..." just mean when the hexagon monster symbol shows up on black monster movement?

Well, the KH Rifts are worded something like if they move on the white path, they add a doomer (too lazy to fish the pdf lengua.gif ), however, it was later clarified that the symbol color on the Mythos card is what is important (because a Rift can move into a Vortex, where it can't move on White), not the actual path. I've so far gone with that for the DD as well, if the Hexagon is Black, DD's ability kicks in.