Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Profundity Unboxing

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, eliteone said:

Ohhh Draven is going to make my Neb-B Escort with H9s a terror for Sloane Ace lists.  

Glad to see the big ship love. 

Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference between 2 blue with H9 and 3 blue with H9.  Odds of a single hit go from 75% to 87.5%.  Not to say that isn't a decent change, but you get the same benefit from Toryn.  Best case against Imp Aces is 2 hits and an Acc, which gets braced down to 1 damage anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasproteus said:

Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference between 2 blue with H9 and 3 blue with H9.  Odds of a single hit go from 75% to 87.5%.  Not to say that isn't a decent change, but you get the same benefit from Toryn.  Best case against Imp Aces is 2 hits and an Acc, which gets braced down to 1 damage anyway.  

So with Toryn (who you'd be running anyway) and  H9s (which are pretty good for a Neb-Bs front arc) newcomer Draven, it's 100% to do 1 damage to Scatter Aces? Double-arc for 2 and a disappearing brace! 

I'm not an odds guy, and I did dirty hasty math so I don't know if that's true, but the load-out has served me really well. I'd probably stick with Flight Commanders on my Yavaris because of it's range issues though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

How come you get them early by the way?

Apparently FFG watches youtube, a lot. All the different Destiny channels were sent images of Legacies cards to spoil, not actually cards, just images. The moral of this story, it is good to be an Armada player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, eliteone said:

So with Toryn (who you'd be running anyway) and  H9s (which are pretty good for a Neb-Bs front arc) newcomer Draven, it's 100% to do 1 damage to Scatter Aces? Double-arc for 2 and a disappearing brace! 

I'm not an odds guy, and I did dirty hasty math so I don't know if that's true, but the load-out has served me really well. I'd probably stick with Flight Commanders on my Yavaris because of it's range issues though. 

You have a 68% chance of two hits on four rolls.  50% chance for two hits on three rolls.  The question is whether Draven is worth that extra 18% chance to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't like Heavy Ion Emplacements. They just cost too **** much. Considering all the other upgrades of this wave have been pretty cheap too.

Comparing to ACMS (Which requires black compared to blue fair enough) ACM does straight up damage not shield damage. I think this new Ion cannon upgrade will join the ranks of other ion cannon upgrades that are too gimmicky or expensive to be of any worth. 

Assault-Concussion-Missiles.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Honestly I don't like Heavy Ion Emplacements. They just cost too **** much. Considering all the other upgrades of this wave have been pretty cheap too.

Comparing to ACMS (Which requires black compared to blue fair enough) ACM does straight up damage not shield damage. I think this new Ion cannon upgrade will join the ranks of other ion cannon upgrades that are too gimmicky or expensive to be of any worth. 

In a vacuum, sure, but we're not in a vacuum. 

Aside from the inherent range increase in blue dice v black dice, you also have many other ships with an Ion slot with blue dice that might not actually be hard hitting damage dealers. 

9 points seems worth it to me for what you potentially might be getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Eggzavier said:

In a vacuum, sure, but we're not in a vacuum. 

Aside from the inherent range increase in blue dice v black dice, you also have many other ships with an Ion slot with blue dice that might not actually be hard hitting damage dealers. 

9 points seems worth it to me for what you potentially might be getting.

That only really leaves Raider 2s and CR90 Bs. Granted a Raider 2 can have DC, I still think it is too expensive by about 2 points. You are only doing shield damage after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this thing, i bet it will mix n match real well with the other MC's. Could you imagin this monster spearheading 2 or 3 MC 30's.... awwwwwwyyyeeeeeeah! All this big ship love in this wave, its great! Also im interested in all of the activation tomfoolery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Rebel player with a limited budget, I know it's thematic on an ISD (as shown in R1) but I wish they'd added the hardened bulkheads to the Profundity set as well. Would have helped out the MC80HO.

Edited by Gallanteer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Comparing to ACMS (Which requires black compared to blue fair enough) ACM does straight up damage not shield damage. I think this new Ion cannon upgrade will join the ranks of other ion cannon upgrades that are too gimmicky or expensive to be of any worth. 

Assault-Concussion-Missiles.png

Well, there is another reason why it's more expensive:

ACM does +2 damage (+1 to adjacent zones)

HIE does +3 shield damage (+1 to target and adjacent zones)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DiabloAzul said:

Well, there is another reason why it's more expensive:

ACM does +2 damage (+1 to adjacent zones)

HIE does +3 shield damage (+1 to target and adjacent zones)

And with DCaps is easily pushed out to long range. Heavy Ion Raider people. It's gonna be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

And with DCaps is easily pushed out to long range. Heavy Ion Raider people. It's gonna be a thing.

Which will almost require early engineering tokens to repair shield damage even sooner than is currently normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gallanteer said:

As a Rebel player with a limited budget, I know it's thematic on an ISD (as shown in R1) but I wish they'd added the hardened bulkheads to the Profundity set as well. Would have helped out the MC80HO.

It wouldn’t be ffg without having cards rebels want in imperial ship packs. That said this wave was rather balanced and even came with multiples of some cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slasher956 said:

so disconcerting seeing so many people trying to fill lord Vader's shoes.....

 

(aka, how many times do you end up double checking the user name because theres several posts after each other with the same avatar)

Not too often. Tbh theres only about 3 or 4 active members on this forum with the same pic. Whats more common is the one i think “DeathStarII” uses. I’ve seen that on about 5 different members

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...