Sign in to follow this  
Green Knight

Early Warning System

EWS will go where the biggest enemy ship is. Usually fighters like to be in that arc too so they don’t get flak, since you fire at the ship. Now they have to go elsewhere, like that mc80 assault cruiser front arc/other side arc. Eat 2 blue flak with leading shots or stay and don’t bomb. 

To make it worse put an awing in another arc so the only option left is in overlapping flak of 2-3 ships.

EWS gives you lots of control over the squadron game. Looking forward to test if I’m wrong.

36 minutes ago, SkyCake said:

Or they just wait for your ship to run them over and you place them in unobstructed hull zone

Yup, it can be counterplayed on both sides.  Which is fantastic:  keeps either the squadrons or EWS from being a runaway hard counter in either direction.  I very much look forward to EWS-vs-squadron games, from both sides of the table.

Monster Truck Rally

Kuat ISD - Motti, Strategic Officer, OE, Hardened Bulkheads, Early Warning System, LS, APT, 7th Fleet - 170 Points
Kuat ISD - Captain Brunson, OE, Hardened Bulkheads, Early Warning System, LS, APT, 7th Fleet - 147 Points

317 points. Room for squads or Comms Net.

Reduces a **** ton of damage and a lot of hull. Perfect for ramming at speed 3.

3 minutes ago, Thraug said:

Wow, Phantoms can cloak-slide out of this lock, or just fire 1 red at Impetuous. Defintely OP Phantom!!!

Yeeeeeaaahhh but they can only do it after that round and the squadron phase, which is what that Raider really needed to keep them pinned for anyway.  With this setup, you can jump Instigator in early to pin the squadrons and there isn't a **** thing they can do about it for that round.  Even with Phantoms, it'll work for a whole round (I mean, the Raider will be eating single non-bomber reds, but that is... not that bad), after which it'll just be a question of whether Instigator or the squadrons activate first, which is a much simpler problem for the Raider to solve.

This build, specifically, will be absolute **** for the Ace Holes, and really any squadron force with no or minimal ship firepower backing it up.  It's been a good run, Rieekan, but your uppance has come.

9 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

You guys have no idea how much I will enjoy giving Luke the finger with these things...

But @Brikhause does.

7 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

If you are close enough to FCT with Yavaris to a different target zone..... I deserve it. ?

And Adar is one, not THREE

You only need one if it's Luke!

2 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Limiting it to one keeps Admonition alive for four turns instead of one.  Worth it.  :)

I meant that if you get an Adar on Luke and then a Yav double tap it will do a lot of damage regardless of your EWS. 

Point taken though :)

13 minutes ago, Eggzavier said:

I meant that if you get an Adar on Luke and then a Yav double tap it will do a lot of damage regardless of your EWS. 

Point taken though :)

But Luke still rolls one die only, and EWS makes it obstructed, so Luke wouldn’t be able to shoot anyway

4 minutes ago, Visovics said:

But Luke still rolls one die only, and EWS makes it obstructed, so Luke wouldn’t be able to shoot anyway

That's why you 1) Move him to another hull zone with Adar Tallon and attack, leaving him unactivated, and then

2) Activate him with Yavaris to put two more attacks into the same (uncovered) hull zone.

I call this maneuver the 'Tallon Roll'

EWS needs to be set at the beginning of the Ship Phase, so you can still get around it with a Tallon roll

Dras said earlier that it still only works for one squadron, to which I pointed out that it doesn't matter if that's Luke (3 attacks re-rolling with BCC against no shields)

Have Dodonna as your commander for more fun

Edited by Eggzavier

4 hours ago, Thraug said:

My new Armada goal is to perform this incredible feat:

- Raider + Impetuous + Tua + EWS

- A bunch of 1 die (battery) enemy squads in one of my arcs

- Raider, speed 0

Infinite lockdown of all enemy squads? I think so!!

Um, did u mean Instigator? :) I assume u mean lockdown as in the squads can't fly anywhere due to being engaged by the title right?

4 hours ago, Thraug said:

My new Armada goal is to perform this incredible feat:

- Raider + Impetuous + Tua + EWS

- A bunch of 1 die (battery) enemy squads in one of my arcs

- Raider, speed 0

Infinite lockdown of all enemy squads? I think so!!

You forgot the flechette torpedoes