Crabbok

Chimaera Unboxing

1 minute ago, GiledPallaeon said:

It's been viable, its counters are just prevalent in most local metas. The question is whether or not SA improves this, which I'm skeptical of.

SA helps only a little, I think Early Warning Systems is the bigger winner. It helps a TON during the critical first turn of engagement, delivering healthier ISDs into enemy lines for future turns.

1 hour ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Now that this thing is out, should I start the game? Maybe with a Core Set, this, and an Interdictor?

Yes. :D But unless you really like the Interdictor, it’s not considered a beginner ship. A Gladiator or Light Cruiser is a safer buy.

30 minutes ago, Jabby said:

The 250 bucks i have set aside for minis and biard games is telling me: “jump into armada!” but its also saying “jump into legion!”:wacko:

Do you want to be a ground commander bossing around a bunch of nameless and often faceless mooks?

or

The Admiral of an awesome battlefleet of mile long death machines hurling lances of explosive energy into the flanks of your pitiful enemies?

Do you want to spend hours gluing and painting a crowd of minis that can be customized to your liking but will most likely look weird when not in canon standards?

or

Rock out with you **** out with your beautiful prepainted fleet ready for action day one. Still open to customization, but only when you want to. 

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

4 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Too lazy to go back and check now, but I'm pretty sure it was the commander image. The image which was an obvious error, which is why I said in multiple different places that I would eat an ISD of there was a surprise second commander in there. :)

I've seen cheaper meals at 5-star restaurants....

16 minutes ago, Jabby said:

The 250 bucks i have set aside for minis and biard games is telling me: “jump into armada!” but its also saying “jump into legion!”:wacko:

If you want to paint loads of minis and like creating/buying loads of terrain models as well then Legion. If you want a Star Wars story based tactical campaign game then Imperial Assault. If you like fun with slight unbalanced upgrade cards the XW. If you want a highly strategic game without having to do much painting and an option for a galactic campaign if you get into it - Armada.

But IA is the only one that comes with everything you need for a full campaign in the core box (besides Rebellion). Armada or IA will give you more bang for your buck. XW is cheaper to add to. Legion is an unknown at present as the ruleset has not really been played.

Edited by Gallanteer

11 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Season 4 episode 9 'Rebel Assault', I think. 

Reveal hidden contents

When Hera leads the X-Wings against the blockade. At some point during the dogfight, you can see it.

I'll try to find a screenshot.

@xanderf - I was wrong. I just rewatched the relevant bits. The top is indeed normal. 

9 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Do you want to be a ground commander bossing around a bunch of nameless and often faceless mooks?

or

The Admiral of an awesome battlefleet of mile long death machines hurling lances of explosive energy into the flanks of your pitiful enemies?

Do you want to spend hours gluing and painting a crowd of minis that can be customized to your liking but will most likely look weird when not in canon standards?

or

Rock out with you **** out with your beautiful prepainted fleet ready for action day one. Still open to customization, but only when you want to. 

Both actually 

8 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@xanderf - I was wrong. I just rewatched the relevant bits. The top is indeed normal. 

Thanks for checking, anyway - I honestly didn't recall either way if we'd ever seen the top of the Chimaera at all, so was surprised at your initial comment to begin with!

10 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

No Legion until TIE Reaper. Armada is cool but I've heard it takes forever to play. X-Wing is awesome.

Come join us Reptile of the Heavens! You've done good work spreading the faith of the Five Pointed Saviour in X-Wing.

Now, we must enlighten our Bretheren and Sisterns here in Armada!

Ohh and because FFG listens and watches stuff that goes on in the Armada Fan Verse (Looking at @Crabbok & @Truthiness) please please make our Gunboat Squads happen!!! :lol::lol::lol: