Crabbok

Chimaera Unboxing

4 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Strategic Advisor question...

If the ship he is on, has already activated... and you want to pass LATER, say on activation #2... can you exhaust him?   He says on your turn... but he's not on a ship that could be activated.  

Curious about that wording.   

Thoughts?   (Or is this a very simple thing.... I'm kind of fried right now after having this stuff show up tonight so forgive me if I've missed something obvious). 

You on upgrade cards refer to the ship. So if the ship equipping it has already activated, then it cannot trigger this card on a later turn. 

5 minutes ago, Astrodar said:

You on upgrade cards refer to the ship. So if the ship equipping it has already activated, then it cannot trigger this card on a later turn. 

Strategic Adviser isn't "you", as in ship activation.

It's "your turn".

Quite different.

8 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

It's "your turn".

Quite different.

It's still "you" on an upgrade card. The only reason it's debatable is that ships don't take turns, players do. So either way, it's not written very rigorously.

It's either using "turn" informally as part of "turn to activate" (which ships do do), or it's using "your" to refer to the player. Either way badly vetted, particularly for a card that alters a fundamental mechanic in an unprecedented way.

12 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

It's "your turn".

Quite different.

While I don’t wholly disagree (as in there is room for clarification), FFG has set precedence of using the phrase “friendly ship” when involving cards that can be exhausted like this. 

Also, “your” is used many times on upgrade cards, referring to the ship just the same as “you”. If all it takes is tying “your” to another word to break reference to a ship, then Skilled First Officer could be discarded to discard any top command dial owned by the player. 

3 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

It's still "you" on an upgrade card. The only reason it's debatable is that ships don't take turns, players do. So either way, it's not written very rigorously.

It's either using "turn" informally as part of "turn to activate" (which ships do do), or it's using "your" to refer to the player. Either way badly vetted, particularly for a card that alters a fundamental mechanic in an unprecedented way.

The card is worded to clearly show that no activation of any specific ship is involved.

If it's your turn to activate, you can exhaust it.

I'm pretty Sith about that.

12 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

The card is worded to clearly show that no activation of any specific ship is involved.

If it's your turn to activate, you can exhaust it.

I'm pretty Sith about that.

Agreed - also ships don't 'take turns' they are activated and there is no specific activation order.  If it meant ship how would you know when it is that ships 'turn'?

It would otherwise say something like, 'When you would activate...' or When this ship would activate...'

Help me out please. Thrawn, place three command dials. To be used at the start of ship activation phase. Does it mean that I can just stack three Navigation commands, to be used one by one or is it there some rule that forbids stacking the same type of command? I lean towards they can be the same but want to be sure.

Whoa.

This opens up some very interesting things.

A few minor but "there" nerfs for Yavaris (Early Warning, Raid)

More Counter for my Anti Squad - yes!

Sovereign puts Tarkin into the conversation.  He's still in the background with his hand on his chin, but he's getting closer.

The bulkhead thing is a straight up **** you to rammers - yes!

Strategic Adviser is a literal game changer. The Large ships have certainly been getting the love lately.

1 minute ago, Suriel said:

Help me out please. Thrawn, place three command dials. To be used at the start of ship activation phase. Does it mean that I can just stack three Navigation commands, to be used one by one or is it there some rule that forbids stacking the same type of command? I lean towards they can be the same but want to be sure.

Yeah the latest FAQ says you cannot.

Q: Can a ship resolve the effect of a command by spending multiple matching command dials or command tokens?

A: No. A ship may only resolve a command by spending one command dial, one command token, or one command dial and one matching command token.

Edit: Oh if you mean just stacking on Thrawn, then for sure.  Do all nav

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

2 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

I'M SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU!! No surprise second commander?? No Director Krennic?!

I was told there was a 98.33 (repeating, of course) chance that there was a second commander!

-_-

Yes, but the image doesn't necessarily show a face down commander. It could have been Strategic Advisor.

Just now, Gallanteer said:

Yes, but the image doesn't necessarily show a face down commander. It could have been Strategic Advisor.

Too lazy to go back and check now, but I'm pretty sure it was the commander image. The image which was an obvious error, which is why I said in multiple different places that I would eat an ISD of there was a surprise second commander in there. :)

3 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

I tried triple ISD with some of the new cards last night....    I will try and post a short Batrep of it later this evening...  

When are you next gonna do a full lenght battle? Not pushing you I’m just womdering. I find them very interesting and I would like to see the new ships in the field

4 hours ago, Astrodar said:

If this would be true, how can you activate an ECM on a ship that already activated? :P

It does not matter if a ship activated or not when it comes to upgrade cards that trigger outside of your activation. And this card does trigger before you activate a ship. It really does not matter if the ship with this card already activated or not. You can still use it.

A you does not matter as well, because this card trigger when it is your turn to activate a ship, you have not activated one so far.
It is a little bad wording, because the your does not mean the ship in this case. It really means you as player. If it would mean the ship, the card would never work. Because it is not the ship that is activating ships, it is you as player.