Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tunewalker

Luke Yoda build

Recommended Posts

Having some difficulty putting this deck together. Edit: sorry didnt specify E Luke Jedi Knight 1 Dice Yoda.

So far the big staples of the deck I am liking is

2x Force Training.(super good ramp up)
2x Heirloom Lightsaber (super good redeploy weapon)
1x Force throw (dont have a second one but would probably but a second one if I really want to go just buy another one)
2x My ally is the force (Burst can be nuts)

Beyond this I am having some serious issues (no Force Wave and 2 One with the force other then that 1 of all other blue legendaries) I know I need to put mitigation in but choosing which mitigation to go with has proven difficult. I like the idea of several of my higher costing upgrades like Luke's saber and Obi's Saber, Mind probe and One with the force, but if I do so I feel I need more resource generation the best of which for this situation I am thinking is It binds all things which to me suggests that my other 2 cost upgrades should probably be blue, but almost all the other 2 cost blue upgrades have modified damage or I feel just dont have enough impact, with the fact that I only have 2 dice that can hit melee damage and both of those dice will be heavily focused for removal seems to make that feel risky. Finally I was trying to find a way to use Luke's ability so far my favorite card with this has been Investigate and 0 cost or 1 cost cards while Luke's protection can also be abused this way I feel like it just makes Luke's ability into a slower versions of new Obi-wan's that requires I use up a card slot in my deck.

So far the big issue is trying to find a way to keep Luke alive and not just keep his strong dice in the field but also abuse those strong dice. There does not seem to be many cards in the pool right now that ABUSE strong single dice My ally and to a lesser extent Double Strike being the only 2 cards I can think of that really do this endurance and resilience helping to keep these strong dice in the pool to counter one of their big weaknesses, but that is a lot of card slots for what smaller pointed characters can achieve with much less effort and for less resources, every other card seems just fine enjoying more small dice then less big dice like dice with Modified sides enjoy more small dice over less big dice and pretty much any card that allows you to resolve increasing value and of course even the way removal works encourages you to play more smaller dice then less big dice since the big dice arent actually getting larger overall totals and in fact many 4 dice small teams can actually push out larger totals in both health and in damage then the 1 big character 1 small character set up. I was hoping to see if any of your gentlemen could help be complete this Tier 2 or 3 deck with a good mix of Strong cards for Yoda since Luke will probably die early and resource gen and survival, Survival and ramp being the 2 things I am struggling with the most.

 

Edited by tunewalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue R2-D2 is handy as he allows you to start the Yodo Special Chain and run with it, in addition to drawing a card.

Handcrafted Lighbow, Has a very useful special that allows you to manage what your opponent does with shields.

Yoda scares me if he gets 2 Shoto Lightsabers, hence the main reason for the Handcrafted Lightbow.

Think a bit about your battlefield, I am experimenting with Command Center right now as I think it will encourage my opponent to give me shields, and 2 shields on Yoda at the start makes him more likely to be there in the middle.

Mend, seems to be a reasonable choice. Yoda at his worst is 1/2 resources and 1/2 shields with a turn of a dice.

I like the idea of the second force push, those supports with 3+ indirect damage, that 6/2 on the Resistance Bomber!!!

Cards that remove all range dice or melee dice in addition to Force Misdirect can remove quite a few dice out of your opponents pool. Enough that it often feels like you have lost a turn when it is played. In these turns Yoda can make two resources off his specials and turn a Shoto to a Resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Amanal said:

Blue R2-D2 is handy as he allows you to start the Yodo Special Chain and run with it, in addition to drawing a card.

Handcrafted Lighbow, Has a very useful special that allows you to manage what your opponent does with shields.

Yoda scares me if he gets 2 Shoto Lightsabers, hence the main reason for the Handcrafted Lightbow.

Think a bit about your battlefield, I am experimenting with Command Center right now as I think it will encourage my opponent to give me shields, and 2 shields on Yoda at the start makes him more likely to be there in the middle.

Mend, seems to be a reasonable choice. Yoda at his worst is 1/2 resources and 1/2 shields with a turn of a dice.

I like the idea of the second force push, those supports with 3+ indirect damage, that 6/2 on the Resistance Bomber!!!

Cards that remove all range dice or melee dice in addition to Force Misdirect can remove quite a few dice out of your opponents pool. Enough that it often feels like you have lost a turn when it is played. In these turns Yoda can make two resources off his specials and turn a Shoto to a Resource.

Heads up you named a couple Red cards (mend and Resistance bomber) which doesnt fit in an all blue Deck also I am running Old Luke so only 1 dice of yoda unfortunately. With so few base damage sides you think shoto is still good? other then that thank you some of this helps a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah if you want yoda you want the blue R2D2, its another die to start a special chain. Force Focus is also a good one, and messes with opponents dice if you have a blue card to reveal.

Shoto is good if youre going lightsaber-based to begin with. Its not a bad weapon by any means and the free shield is awesome once you get 2 weapons

Edited by Vineheart01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

yeah if you want yoda you want the blue R2D2, its another die to start a special chain. Force Focus is also a good one, and messes with opponents dice if you have a blue card to reveal.

Shoto is good if youre going lightsaber-based to begin with. Its not a bad weapon by any means and the free shield is awesome once you get 2 weapons

If I wasnt going lighstaber based (simply not sure if I am or not) what would you go for with 2 cost upgrades/ 3 cost upgrades? Or do you think the Lightsaber based deck is one of hte better ways to go?

Edit: I will try to set up the deck and let you guys make recommendations tomorrow after your guys advice. Thank you guys so much this has been going nuts for me...

Edited by tunewalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoto - I think not having these when you complain of suitability being an issue would be odd. Not having them to add may be worth solving.

Ancient - Ditto. Not having these, well maybe that is expensive to solve and has to be built around.

Lightsaber Pull - Slows things down with the play card, wait, play weapon. But pulling the weapon you need, given it works on the Lightbow too. Get them if you don't have them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tunewalker said:

Heads up you named a couple Red cards (mend and Resistance bomber) which doesnt fit in an all blue Deck also I am running Old Luke so only 1 dice of yoda unfortunately. With so few base damage sides you think shoto is still good? other then that thank you some of this helps a little.

I meant to force push the resistance dice back at your opponent after he rolls that 6/2 side.

As for mend, oops, I thought it was blue. Good catch.

I would consider New Luke. He allows Yoda to go to 2 dice, adds red blue for some extra options and lets you experiment with plots. (Checked SWDestinyDB, New Luke was red on the summary screen but the card when I clicked into that screen is blue.

Edited by Amanal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handcrafted Light Bow and Force Throw are by far the best things for special chaining, Things like the basic vanilla lightsaber with it's special are also good. You are looking for things that can special chain and do big damage. R2 and Force Focus help set the chain off as well. Force Focus and Force Throw can be just so devastating. Force Healing and Shoto are fine for the healing/shields. Put in the standard blue resource cheats as you will need them and you just can't get enough resources when Luke is on the table.  At some point one character dies, so Bestow is good. One With the Force won't work well. You'll have too many other ways to spend all those resources and at some point, all that focusing has to do something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amanal said:

I meant to force push the resistance dice back at your opponent after he rolls that 6/2 side.

As for mend, oops, I thought it was blue. Good catch.

I would consider New Luke. He allows Yoda to go to 2 dice, adds red for some extra options and lets you experiment with plots.

...New Luke is also blue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any 2 blue hero deck should consider Something Familiar. Ups the decks consistency a great deal if you pull it before one of them dies. Can be a game winner for one resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mep said:

Handcrafted Light Bow and Force Throw are by far the best things for special chaining, Things like the basic vanilla lightsaber with it's special are also good. You are looking for things that can special chain and do big damage. R2 and Force Focus help set the chain off as well. Force Focus and Force Throw can be just so devastating. Force Healing and Shoto are fine for the healing/shields. Put in the standard blue resource cheats as you will need them and you just can't get enough resources when Luke is on the table.  At some point one character dies, so Bestow is good. One With the Force won't work well. You'll have too many other ways to spend all those resources and at some point, all that focusing has to do something.

So far I am hearing Lightbow and Force throw/ Standard sabers with R2 and/or Force Focus for late game special chaining to close out (thinking about adding Mind Probe to this list personally since it has a strong special as well). It binds all things (maybe adapt/ Reaping crystal) to help these get out and Force heal/ Shoto for early game survival. Hadn't thought of Bestow but I like it with the idea of even using the weapon twice in a single turn by rolling Luke and then bestowing it over to Yoda will definitely give that a look see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say thank you to all of you. Thus far the deck is coming together much better then it did in the past thanks to all of your suggestions. Still unsure about a couple things here and there which may end up getting shifted around will list what I have going in the morning for more input thank you all so much for your help. You guys rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing eLuke/Yoda myself since Yoda was spoiled(I proxied even) But some other niche cards I would recommend for the deck(besides My Ally, which has already been mentioned):

Do Or Do Not - Luke's Dice are strong, but sometimes you need a little something extra so it's a nice reroll card for Luke. Yes, it sometimes removes Luke's die on a blank, but others hitting for 3/4 dmg can be crucial and all the other die sides are good too when they've been upped in value. And in a pinch it works with Yoda too(though the blanks work you don't usually want em).

Master of the Council- Luke's got great die, so rolling in multiple times is great. Plus, Yoda special lets you chain into it. Not having redeploy hurts, but nothing a funeral pyre can't fix. The mod sides are great for a good guard too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Do or Do Not just needs to be in there for flavor reasons, despite it being a good pick anyway lol.

This, and it needs to be played against a Vader deck playing I Am Your Father and the Luke player has to toss out his hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of suggestions here, so this is what I have come up with so far.


E Jedi Knight Luke, 1 Dice yoda (I only have 1 yoda or I would probably try the new luke yoda combo)
 

Battlefield (In flux between outer rim outpost, Dry Fields, Maz's castle and Obi-wan's hut. Also Citadel Landing Zone.)


Upgrades
1 Force Speed
1 Ancient saber
2 Shoto Sabers
2 Force Training
2 Force Focus
2 Heirloom Lightsabers
1 Force Throw
1 Luke's Lightsaber
1 Master of the Council 

Supports
2 It binds All things
1 R2D2

Events
1 Deflect
2 Dive
2 Force Misdirect
2 Gaurd
1 Hidden Motive
2 Lightsaber Pull
2 My Ally
2 Overconfidence.


Things in this list I am unsure of Shoto's, Master (resource intensive and dead character), Lightsaber pull (if no shotos), I feel between Yoda, Force Focus, and Force Training with It binds all things that Resources arent much of an issue so thank you guys for that :). Dive is a great against some decks obviously horrid against others not sure if dropping shotos for illusion and pulls for some other 2 cost Mitigation card or endurance... or maybe funeral Pyre with one of those other ones just named Thoughts at this point guys? (also would have loved to put Do or Do not in however from what I am seeing right now Luke's dice are pretty consistent with Yoda and Force Focus and R2 I dont feel the need to gamble on Do or Do not  even though I put it in literally every other Luke deck)

Edited by tunewalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mep said:

This, and it needs to be played against a Vader deck playing I Am Your Father and the Luke player has to toss out his hand.

Haha, good one.  His hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to say thank you to every single one of you that helped me with this deck. I made 1 alteration from what I posted and may make further ones with the suggestions you guys put forth, but I played the deck last night and it preformed really well. I got lucky a bit of course, but beyond that the deck felt very good and even as I was worried about resource gen and shield gen I had both down very well. Thank you all this deck was a blast to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×