Sign in to follow this  
Medread

Starting carcosa

That's how my wife and I are playing, but that's not just to make it harder, it's because we didn't start this game until recently and decided to jump in with the current campaign (we also only have 1 core.) Looking through the Dunwich cards, there are some awfully good cards in there that help expand the pool. We had a pretty hard time in the first couple of scenarios, but now that we're up to Phantom of Truth, we have at least acceptable decks. If you want to limit yourself to core + Carcosa packs in order, I wouldn't recommend playing higher than Standard difficulty. If you'll go with all Carcosa cards, you might be able to go up to Hard. Skipping Dunwich hurts the mystic more than any other class, in my opinion.

You can use all cards at your disposal. 

There's one card from the Dunwich cycle that even at the time seemed designed for Carcosa, and from what I've heard (I haven't started yet) it appears that's true.

More options doesn't mean it's going to be easier.  You're still limited by deck size and earned experience.  You might have a card that's really good in a particular scenario, but you can't be prepared for everything.

59 minutes ago, CSerpent said:

You can use all cards at your disposal. 

There's one card from the Dunwich cycle that even at the time seemed designed for Carcosa, and from what I've heard (I haven't started yet) it appears that's true.

Which card?

Carcosa seems a little harder then Dunwich, at least on Hard difficulty. With the exception of the third scenario which seems a little easy.

And yeah, I go out of my way to include "That card" in my deck for the second part of Carcosa,  so good.

I'm overleaded on cores (for 3-4 player play) and got every expansion and play primarily hard difficulty, all the different options do nothing to detract from the game.