splad

Solo A Star Wars Story (Spoilers Ahead)

6 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

If I just read correctly...one of the locations is...Mimban? More Legends going canon!

Yeah, but most likely changed.

Mimban was a jungle planet in legends, and in this it seems it will be a swamp planet.
I'm sure there's other differences too.

6 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

Yeah, but most likely changed.

Mimban was a jungle planet in legends, and in this it seems it will be a swamp planet.
I'm sure there's other differences too.

Maybe. We’ll see. The terrain was described as jungles and swamps in the Legends resources, so there’s not a huge disconnect yet.

I'm looking at that Falcon exterior and interior and I'm thinking that it will be destroyed in the movie and the one we know and love is a different ship with that same name. The thing is just too clean and different. Millennium Falcons A & B is my guess as to why it looks different :)

11 hours ago, Archlyte said:

I'm looking at that Falcon exterior and interior and I'm thinking that it will be destroyed in the movie and the one we know and love is a different ship with that same name. The thing is just too clean and different. Millennium Falcons A & B is my guess as to why it looks different :)

Right now I am thinking that it either is crashed or just significantly damaged. That would explain the change in the exterior.

As for the interior I would think that the yellowing is just aging.  If I remember right the movie is suppose to be 10 years before a ANH. So if you add a possible crash and 10 years of use. I can see it yellowing a bit. 

12 hours ago, Archlyte said:

There's no way that that's true.

It's far more likely to be a continuity error (how does it get so much dirtier/more weathering in 10 years), than destroying the falcon. Given Lando lost the falcon to Han, you now need a situation where the falcon in Solo is destroyed and Lando buys a new (aged) Falcon and loses it to Han. Basic Occam's Razor.

1 hour ago, Evilref said:

There's no way that that's true.

It's far more likely to be a continuity error (how does it get so much dirtier/more weathering in 10 years), than destroying the falcon. Given Lando lost the falcon to Han, you now need a situation where the falcon in Solo is destroyed and Lando buys a new (aged) Falcon and loses it to Han. Basic Occam's Razor.

Well I'm just thinking that these guys like to write in these gotcha moments. This is just a fun theory I'm not betting any money on it, but I thought it might be something they would pull. I was thinking it would be like when the kid's goldfish dies and it's replaced with another one but the fish isn't identical. But like you, I hope this isn't the way they wrote it. 

On 2/20/2018 at 5:22 PM, OddballE8 said:

With anything that white and shiny, it doesn't take long for it to look beige and dirty.

Also, as for the exterior, it's just wear and tear.

(unless you're talking about the connected front... apparently that's a detachable ship)

Whatever that front thing is I expect to see a whole lot of debate, hand wringing, and arguing over it.  :D

9 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

Whatever that front thing is I expect to see a whole lot of debate, hand wringing, and arguing over it.  :D

Sure, but only from people who never played the RPG's, I suppose.
Or read one of the many sourcebooks for YT-1300 freighters or the Millennium Falcon out there.

Since all of those mention various ways you can hook up cargo or even special ships to those front mandibles (or cargo clamps as they're specified in many technical manuals for the ship)

But yeah... quite a few of the people who only watch the movies or maybe only read a few EU books will definitely whine about it.

7 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

Sure, but only from people who never played the RPG's, I suppose.
Or read one of the many sourcebooks for YT-1300 freighters or the Millennium Falcon out there.

Since all of those mention various ways you can hook up cargo or even special ships to those front mandibles (or cargo clamps as they're specified in many technical manuals for the ship)

But yeah... quite a few of the people who only watch the movies or maybe only read a few EU books will definitely whine about it.

Well you've staked your position OddballE8, I guess we will see soon. I will be happy if you are right, my thought about it was actually a worry. 

5 hours ago, Archlyte said:

Well you've staked your position OddballE8, I guess we will see soon. I will be happy if you are right, my thought about it was actually a worry. 

Oh people have been whining and arguing about it since the first photos came out, so they will still be arguing after they've seen the movie.

I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise or shock to anyone who's read anything about the YT-1300.

Edited by OddballE8

On 2/19/2018 at 10:54 PM, Archlyte said:

One thing i saw was the part between the front prongs of the falcon is detachable. But as for the rest i just see a hard worked ship but generally well maintained. Like an old Ford Cortina.

29 - 29 Pics That Will Help You Escape From Your Busy Day

On 3/5/2018 at 12:54 AM, Andreievitch said:

Those French posters are a terrible rip off.  I don't blame the artists for being pissed off.

The Japanese poster instantly brought a tear to my eye. So good. 

solo-film-japan-poster-high-res.jpg

Hm.  They're going with Han's full name for the title.  Byline says, "The newest Star Wars film depicts young Han Solo!"

The picture really is fantastic.

I'm excited.  I saw a comment somewhere that said something like, "Anyone who doesn't want to see Han and Chewie pull a train heist is dumb."  I will up the ante and say that they're also a meaniehead.