Jump to content
splad

Solo A Star Wars Story (Spoilers Ahead)

Recommended Posts

While some hit and misses have been produced over the years by Lego for the Star Wars franchise it still remains interesting to note these new Solo sets. Especially the reconfigured YT-1300.

Qqhi_HCSl.jpgRIu_CEB0l.jpgzhm_HOZWl.jpgfalcon.jpgvy6_Mn_CAl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, actual spoilers!

 

Namely....

 

3 hours ago, splad said:

While some hit and misses have been produced over the years by Lego for the Star Wars franchise it still remains interesting to note these new Solo sets. Especially the reconfigured YT-1300.

falcon.jpg

That says "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon"

So probably going to see 12 parsecs or less...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghostofman said:

Ok, actual spoilers!

 

Namely....

 

That says "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon"

So probably going to see 12 parsecs or less...

Yea not big spoilers but you gotta say it lol.

As I find more I will post it:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

Also looking at the package, that's how the falcon looks for this one...no.t sure why, but I guess we will find out...

I'm guessing this is before the Han solo 'special modifications'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fearing they are going to get stupid for the kewl factor. I hope not. I hope there is a reasonable explanation for the YT-1300 looks different from what we've come to accept. I hope we don't see the Falcon's mandibles close for "uber-speed-mode!!" for no discernible reason and no explanation why we don't see it do such in later movies. I'm hoping this is retcpnned into the original form of a YT-1300 before loads of modifications were done?

Looking at other images, are we going to see yet another version of the Stormtrooper? Do we have better quality images where we can see the text?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sturn said:

I'm fearing they are going to get stupid for the kewl factor. I hope not. I hope there is a reasonable explanation for the YT-1300 looks different from what we've come to accept. I hope we don't see the Falcon's mandibles close for "uber-speed-mode!!" for no discernible reason and no explanation why we don't see it do such in later movies. I'm hoping this is retcpnned into the original form of a YT-1300 before loads of modifications were done?

Looking at other images, are we going to see yet another version of the Stormtrooper? Do we have better quality images where we can see the text?

 
This is a little better. Their is a whole bunch of other out of box pics here:`` https://imgur.com/a/RW1WB#b8WmFC8
 
For RPG fans we are pretty use to YT-1300 varients this is actually pretty close to a WEG pic
 
Check out the look similarities between "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon" and The Solar Flare
 
 
b8WmFC8.jpg
 
Edited by splad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall reading somewhere that the lego falcon was a fake.

EDIT: Here we go: 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/27/leaked-han-solo-movie-art-fake/

LucasFilm and Disney are saying that the artwork shown in that article are fake.

And since one of those images are being used on the Lego sets shown here, that would imply that those are also fake.

Edited by OddballE8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

I recall reading somewhere that the lego falcon was a fake.

EDIT: Here we go: 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/27/leaked-han-solo-movie-art-fake/

LucasFilm and Disney are saying that the artwork shown in that article are fake.

And since one of those images are being used on the Lego sets shown here, that would imply that those are also fake.

Solo: A Star Wars Story - ecco la sinossi ufficiale ...

Check out the falcon on the new Solo A Star Wars story artwork...kinda spot on wouldn't you say!

 

Edited by splad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, splad said:
Solo: A Star Wars Story - ecco la sinossi ufficiale ...

Check out the falcon on the new Solo A Star Wars story artwork...kinda spot on wouldn't you say!

 

You mean the artwork that, as in the story Oddball linked, LFL has said isn’t official?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the Legos mini's called, "Han Solo", appears to be an Imperial disguise. I could be wrong, but the disguise looks very similar to what General Veers wore in ESB, aka what WEB used to create the "Army Trooper".  Are we going to actually see Army Troopers on screen or is the disguise simply that of a General, like Veers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

I recall reading somewhere that the lego falcon was a fake.

EDIT: Here we go: 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/27/leaked-han-solo-movie-art-fake/

LucasFilm and Disney are saying that the artwork shown in that article are fake.

And since one of those images are being used on the Lego sets shown here, that would imply that those are also fake.

As someone who has written and article or two and works in the PR realm...

It says the art "isn't official" which is not the same as saying it's "fake."

It may be faked. Why someone would go through the trouble of making not just one but several fake Lego boxes is beyond me, but stranger things have happened...

But the fact LFL is calling it "unofficial" is kinda interesting, as that could just as easily imply something else. "Predecisional" art is also unofficial. So are "placeholders." "Demonstrations and samples..."

But again, I don't know how LFL operates. Maybe they have a policy to neither outright confirm or deny fakes... We'll see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

As someone who has written and article or two and works in the PR realm...

It says the art "isn't official" which is not the same as saying it's "fake."

It may be faked. Why someone would go through the trouble of making not just one but several fake Lego boxes is beyond me, but stranger things have happened...

But the fact LFL is calling it "unofficial" is kinda interesting, as that could just as easily imply something else. "Predecisional" art is also unofficial. So are "placeholders." "Demonstrations and samples..."

But again, I don't know how LFL operates. Maybe they have a policy to neither outright confirm or deny fakes... We'll see...

This is a weird thing. I've have never seen someone go as far as all the articles plus make actual models of the kits but their are some people with way to much time on their hands..

So i think your probably right with that it is place holders. And yea we'll see.

3eoVNLW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

As someone who has written and article or two and works in the PR realm...

It says the art "isn't official" which is not the same as saying it's "fake."

It may be faked. Why someone would go through the trouble of making not just one but several fake Lego boxes is beyond me, but stranger things have happened...

But the fact LFL is calling it "unofficial" is kinda interesting, as that could just as easily imply something else. "Predecisional" art is also unofficial. So are "placeholders." "Demonstrations and samples..."

But again, I don't know how LFL operates. Maybe they have a policy to neither outright confirm or deny fakes... We'll see...

That's very true. Them saying "it's not official artwork" could very well just mean it's not something that they've released.

It could also mean it's fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we knew someone who works/worked for LFL.

My employer would have no problem calling a fake a fake, but I dunno what LFL's leadership is like on such things. Another place I worked (same employer, different region) also didn't confront blatently bogus stories about them, so I can see it go either way.

2 hours ago, splad said:

This is a weird thing. I've have never seen someone go as far as all the articles plus make actual models of the kits but their are some people with way to much time on their hands..

So i think your probably right with that it is place holders. And yea we'll see.

3eoVNLW.jpg

This is what bugs me though. Photoshopping some box art is one thing. Making a frelling toy with this level of intent is something else... I know fans will go to lengths for attention...but this just feels off.

 

 

Side question:

Were either of these actually confirmed as the Falcon?

ZJGRs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

Side question:

Were either of these actually confirmed as the Falcon?

ZJGRs.jpg

Millennium Falcon cameo (Episode II)
Lucas himself sneaked in Han Solo's famous Millennium Falcon just to the left of the screen on the ground when Anakin and Padme dock on her home planet of Naboo. "It was a subtle homage," the director says. When Anakin and Padme arrive on Naboo, you'll spot three Millennium Falcons in the background and at the docking station. (AZ Republic, USA Today)

Hmmm Wookieepedia says their was a canon appearance in Episode III.

Edited by splad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

I wish we knew someone who works/worked for LFL.

My employer would have no problem calling a fake a fake, but I dunno what LFL's leadership is like on such things. Another place I worked (same employer, different region) also didn't confront blatently bogus stories about them, so I can see it go either way.

This is what bugs me though. Photoshopping some box art is one thing. Making a frelling toy with this level of intent is something else... I know fans will go to lengths for attention...but this just feels off.

 

 

Side question:

Were either of these actually confirmed as the Falcon?

ZJGRs.jpg

I don't know... people have been building YT-1300 variants for a long time in Lego.
This might just be something someone built before and had lying around and just added the pieces to, or a random photoshop job.

I mean, look at the variants on this one: https://www.pley.com/en-US/theme/Star-Wars/Millennium-Falcon-75105

Look similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

I don't know... people have been building YT-1300 variants for a long time in Lego.
This might just be something someone built before and had lying around and just added the pieces to, or a random photoshop job.

I mean, look at the variants on this one: https://www.pley.com/en-US/theme/Star-Wars/Millennium-Falcon-75105

Look similar?

I'm sure, but again, it's kinda weird to go to this length. To lay it out, build it, photograph it from the right angles, and photoshop it onto a box along with four others, and even place a Lego watermark on it. And then to have Lucasfilm say exactly the kind of lame excuse I'd make if something predecisional leaked and we didn't want fess up to it, but also didn't want to get caught in a lie denying it.

I'm not saying it ain't doable. When 40k 8th was coming, someone did write up a pretty complete bogus rulebook. It was just text, but it was pretty lengthy and really took someone a lot of time.

It's that last part that's buggin the crap out of me though. If I were in LFL PR, and it was legit, I'd say NOTHING, or the way it's been going lately, go after the hosts with a DMCA takedown like they did with the Rey action figure. If it were bogus, I'd call it a fake outright, no hesitation. But if it were a predecisional draft, and we'd changed the colors, or other details, but not enough that it wasn't recognizable when compared to the leak... well then I'd say for us to do one of these Yoda-esque "Oh it's 'not official' but I'm not going to actually technically legally say it's fake..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×