Justindoodler

Warhammer 3rd Ed Conversion

There are are lot of similarities with between both systems. Mechanically there are some differences with the dice, and the stance dice would be largely irrelevant, but it may be possible to use them. Personally though, it wold probably be a lot easier to get the new dice.

Hi Justindoodler,

Your document is a great resource and you're doing some good work on it. Very impressive.

If you need any assistance let me know as this is what I'd love to do for my next campaign.

Thanks,

Lgkfranks

Ok so here is the current version, using warhammer fonts etc, just covering Archetypes and Species:

https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-L4Fa1MHUNakEO-oqle7

Incidentally, the file above works fie on safari, but there are issues with google chrome, regarding some ability scores.

Edited by Justindoodler

I have a question about this: why?

As in, what are your design goals here, Justindoodler?  What is it about the Genesys system that will help you and your group have a better play experience than if you just played WFRP3e?

I love both games, and have played and GMed both games, but blending them seems like traveling all the way from New York to Beijing just to order a slice of pizza.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:41 PM, BrickSteelhead said:

I have a question about this: why?

As in, what are your design goals here, Justindoodler?  What is it about the Genesys system that will help you and your group have a better play experience than if you just played WFRP3e?

I love both games, and have played and GMed both games, but blending them seems like traveling all the way from New York to Beijing just to order a slice of pizza.

To play without a table full a cards while still retaining the narrative dice system? ;)

WFRP3e has some great innovations, such as the narrative dice, and range bands etc but is hideously expensive and extemely fiddly and cumbersome to play. There is a reason Edge of the Empire and Geneysys evolved, ditching the boardgame elements, but keeping the best narrative bits.  Using your analogy, WFRP3e is like ordering the worlds most expensive pizza, which takes up your entire dinning room table, and has multiple  dips and sides. Using Genesys takes a few choice slices and dips which are delicious but dont bloat the gm or the players!