Biophysical

Let's all acknowledge Joel Killingsworth for one of the most dominant weekends of X-wing in the history of this game.

3 hours ago, Sithborg said:

From what I gathered, he kind of slow rolls in. 

Which is where he won in the final game, as he did NOT slow roll. Rammed the shuttle into the fight before his opponent could get the trajectory bomblets into position. Which should negate any arguments that this is a combo game now, not a flying game. 

Should also point out we are celebrating Palp Aces. Which is a weird thing from 2 years ago.  

I would say that Nymranda, and specifically Experimental Interface Bombing Miranda is going to be one of the toughest things for this kind of list. You take Quickdraw because she can take the first run and deal out some punishment at the same time, but you still need to fly it well. We had already seen AC murder similar lists on stream. So that final game could go either way. 

Palp Aces though, like 2 years ago, is good against ordinance based meta. Though Quickdraw is only an ace in PS, not so much in repositional ability and neither ship really has the ability to just shrug off attacks like Soontir did. 

Watching the semi between Nam-my and Joel I wanted Nam-my to win because I thought he had a much better chance against Nymranda. I’m glad Joel was able to prove what a great player he is by dismantling one of his tougher matchups (twice). 

I know my loss to him in the hyperspace was significantly due to being baited very well. Thought I could force engagements 2 times and failed, putting me in less than good position. Fantastic play has a lot to do with this, I faced similar lists during the system open and they toppled, and see them regularly.

Also really important is captain Yorr's pilot ability did more work (at least in my game) than either quickdraw or the inquisitors'

Edited by iwantbatteries

4 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Which is where he won in the final game, as he did NOT slow roll. Rammed the shuttle into the fight before his opponent could get the trajectory bomblets into position. Which should negate any arguments that this is a combo game now, not a flying game. 

Should also point out we are celebrating Palp Aces. Which is a weird thing from 2 years ago.  

I think this is an important point to make. He saw what he was up against and flew differently. A lot of people fly the same way no matter what, then they complain that things are OP. I am glad that he smashed it, hopefully this helps fix the crazy PS 11 war that's going on atm.

4 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I think this is an important point to make. He saw what he was up against and flew differently. A lot of people fly the same way no matter what, then they complain that things are OP. I am glad that he smashed it, hopefully this helps fix the crazy PS 11 war that's going on atm.

Why would it fix the PS war? Quickdraw is at 11. 

Also it’s like the one thing Imperials have  Vader and Quickdraw can go there and give up nothing. Rebel Fenn Rau is probably the only other pilot that can do that because his entire place in a list revolves around being last to move

Just now, DodgingArcs said:

Why would it fix the PS war? Quickdraw is at 11. 

Also it’s like the one thing Imperials have  Vader and Quickdraw can go there and give up nothing. Rebel Fenn Rau is probably the only other pilot that can do that because his entire place in a list revolves around being last to move

1 ship is OK, ever play against 3 PS 11 ships in the same list? It's not that fun. 

5 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

(Though Tie SF is canon, just.... awfully non-flavorful, since it gets its most screen time being Rebel hijacked.)

Eh, to be fair, the TIE/SF had a somewhat...major scene in the new movie. 

Certainly divided the fan base.  I mean, spaced Leia and killed Ackbar?  That's not nothing...

Edited by xanderf

46 minutes ago, iwantbatteries said:

I know my loss to him in the hyperspace was significantly due to being baited very well. Thought I could force engagements 2 times and failed, putting me in less than good position. Fantastic play has a lot to do with this, I faced similar lists during the system open and they toppled, and see them regularly.

Also really important is captain Yorr's pilot ability did more work (at least in my game) than either quickdraw or the inquisitors'

I know the stream was going crazy over his maneuver choices, which apparently weren't that expected, but turned out to be the right ones every time. I am likely to watch that game again, when I can have more attention to pay to it. 

Just now, Sithborg said:

I know the stream was going crazy over his maneuver choices, which apparently weren't that expected, but turned out to be the right ones every time. I am likely to watch that game again, when I can have more attention to pay to it. 

It really was the only match where I felt outplayed all weekend, I'm relatively new, but made the top 8, for what my opinion is worth.

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Hide contents

Certainly divided the fan base.  I mean, spaced Leia and killed Ackbar?  That's not nothing...

You know the pilot that fired those missiles was Quickdraw.  You know it.

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Hide contents

ITs a very quick take, and the focus isn't on them. If someone hadn;t even pointed it out on these forums, id have never even known they were Tie SFs and not regular Tie FOs like Vader's little black squadron. 

So.... no, imo, the impact was really minimal. Also, sadly, that was one of the best written scenes emotionally, the focus is all on Kylo. 

We only possibly briefly see something shoot from the side. 

26 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

I feel the need to point out that he didn’t just outlast nym miranda. He traded miranda for 3 shields to the shuttle and nothing else. 

That was a shocking bad engagement set up by AC.  Tournament fatigue ftl!  Armchair QBing ftw!

7 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Time to bring the salt back from all those nerf herders whining about Palp and his unlimited power. You hear that Scruffy looking Nerf Herder, Palp is back!