PadreBoniface

Best adventure modules

Guys, since Genesys is so versatile and universal I have come to understand that with a very little effort... I could use all the best adventures from all the best settings/systems! I know all official Warhammer (fantasy) modules, but maybe you could suggest a 20-30 session long campaign (preferably fantasy) that I should read through? What are your recommendations? Do you know any modules that could be actually improved by the simple implementation with Genesys dice?

I haven’t really looked at any published rpg adventures for years, preferring to design my own anymore, but back in the day I was very pleased with the old Desert of Desolation modules for 1st ed AD&D and the Night Below boxed set for 2nd ed. Both large, sprawling campaigns that could comprise a party’s entire adventuring career. 

B4 The Lost City mixes negotiation and alliance building with dungeon combat. It also functions quite well as a setting. 

I’m partial to MERP modules, many of which had interesting things going beside combat: Ghosts of the Anduin (IIRC) has a bit of investigation. 

The culmination of the Desert Nomads series (X something) (I think Red Arrow, Black Shield) has the PCs trying to unite Known World nations against an invasion from the west. The mechanics aren’t there in the original game, but Genesys could handle it well. 

Eyes of the Stone Thief for 13th Age (a D&D clone with less crunch and better narrative).

It's a campaign module bigger than core rulebook (doh!) full of ideas about a colossal living dungeon that rise from the abyss into the surface of the world to eat stone (village, town, cities, fortess).

6 minutes ago, HorusArisen said:

Really? That surprises me.

Can't comment on its merits as I haven't played or run it, but I did a search a few months ago about "best adventure modules of all time" and found several lists online. It was regularly listed among them (usually under its original name, which was simply Raveloft), along with Curse of Nyarlathotep from Call of Cthulhu

Edited by SavageBob

2 hours ago, SavageBob said:

Can't comment on its merits as I haven't played or run it, but I did a search a few months ago about "best adventure modules of all time" and found several lists online. It was regularly listed among them (usually under its original name, which was simply Raveloft), along with Curse of Nyarlathotep from Call of Cthulhu

Are you sure it’s the 5e adventure they’re referring to?

they are different, although the 5th edition one is very good also.

theres also a great legend of the five rings horror adventure...mirror, mirror i think it's called. its very much setting specific, but can definitely be reworked.