Darth Meanie

The Bladewing

8 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

So, after all this Weapons Disabled token nonsense, I figured "just write the card to say what you want the rules to be."  Duh.  Now, it simply falls into the category of "do what the cards says. . . " without needing to rely on "how should timing work?"  To wit:

thki2iL.jpg4j84NcE.jpg

Got the rules, made the model.  Time to play!!

vGGiHYU.jpg

I was about to write it to use tracking tokens just like this, but you beat me to it and put up a pretty pic too!  Although the card doesn’t even need to be dual, just throw the tracking tokens on the card when it’s fired and write that the ship can’t attack while at least one token is on the card.

or use weapons disabled tokens and state they are not removed at the end phase, and only the card specific action can remove the disabled token.  (Remember you can only perform any specific action once per turn). Multiple ways to get it to work but some of the solutions can cause headaches for later released expansions.

1 minute ago, GrimmyV said:

I was about to write it to use tracking tokens just like this, but you beat me to it and put up a pretty pic too!  Although the card doesn’t even need to be dual, just throw the tracking tokens on the card when it’s fired and write that the ship can’t attack while at least one token is on the card.

or use weapons disabled tokens and state they are not removed at the end phase, and only the card specific action can remove the disabled token.  (Remember you can only perform any specific action once per turn). Multiple ways to get it to work but some of the solutions can cause headaches for later released expansions.

Exactly.  Which is why I went with "timer token."  There is no such thing outside of this card, so it becomes a unique mechanic for a unique weapon and skips any reference to RAW elsewhere.

While you are right that flipping the card no longer becomes necessary, I guess that part of things pays homage to existing mechanics like the arc caster.  And I get to use thumbs-up Hera :)