Sign in to follow this  
Nurgle23

AT-ST size comparison

Selling point for me was the promise of AT-AT. With this, the chance is gone. Maybe for epic format... I had enough infantry based wargames, so Ill pass Legion. Maybe if they introduce clone era, then Ill give it a shot.

That is a very impressive model to be fair. The AT-ST in IA looks fine in the game but the Legion one looks great (although I think it's a little unfair to present a painted and unpainted comparison)

That's gotta be too big :/

I thought the SWIA one was always in a squatting resting position for smaller height. But figured the head/body was ok for 2 man crew.

Legion just looks way to big. :(

23 minutes ago, Nihm said:

I thought the SWIA one was always in a squatting resting position for smaller height. But figured the head/body was ok for 2 man crew.

Proportionally they are the same. The legion walker is about 1.25 times bigger than the IA one but so are the minis.

5 hours ago, Coldhands said:

Selling point for me was the promise of AT-AT. With this, the chance is gone. Maybe for epic format... I had enough infantry based wargames, so Ill pass Legion. Maybe if they introduce clone era, then Ill give it a shot.

This doesn't mean anything as far as an at-at is concerned.  If anything it is proving that they can sell a big walker model successfully. Just wait.  We will get an at-at some day.

16 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

This doesn't mean anything as far as an at-at is concerned.  If anything it is proving that they can sell a big walker model successfully. Just wait.  We will get an at-at some day.

Yeah, but investing into a game for a maybe? :) No thanks. Im sure youll have fun and wish you guys all the best moments of gaming, but this is not my cup of tea.

It's a WH40k-like skirmish game, (slightly smaller scale than WH40k even) with at most 70 models or so per side on the table. Did you really expect large scale armored warfare? Ironically IA would have been a better scale for that. While I'd like to see an AT-AT, and it can be done, I think they'll stick to the size of AT-ST's and the various hover tanks as their largest models.

2 hours ago, Orcdruid said:

Proportionally they are the same. The legion walker is about 1.25 times bigger than the IA one but so are the minis.

1.25 times bigger? It's almost twice the size...closer to 1.5/1.6 times bigger for sure.

3 hours ago, Nihm said:

The IA AT-ST is at a smaller scale than the minis.  Check a pic of General Weiss to see.  He's about 3/4 or so the size of a normal mini.  The IA walker should be bigger.

2 hours ago, Lord Tareq said:

It's a WH40k-like skirmish game, (slightly smaller scale than WH40k even) with at most 70 models or so per side on the table. Did you really expect large scale armored warfare? Ironically IA would have been a better scale for that. While I'd like to see an AT-AT, and it can be done, I think they'll stick to the size of AT-ST's and the various hover tanks as their largest models.

1.25 times bigger? It's almost twice the size...closer to 1.5/1.6 times bigger for sure.

Wrong.  They will release at AT AT.

Source? I really don't think so, though I'd like to see one. If we look at Armada though there still hasn't been a SSD release, which is a close enough analogy to the AT-AT in Legion in terms of sheer size the miniature would have to be to look right, even though a lot of people have been asking for one. 

Edited by Lord Tareq

4 hours ago, Lord Tareq said:

Source? I really don't think so, though I'd like to see one. If we look at Armada though there still hasn't been a SSD release, which is a close enough analogy to the AT-AT in Legion in terms of sheer size the miniature would have to be to look right, even though a lot of people have been asking for one. 

We know that they  play tested  an ssd in armada. The ssd will most likely be released by the end of this year for armada.

7 hours ago, Lord Tareq said:

I suppose you took the tweet at it's word without actually comparing the sizes of the models, without bases.

2 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

We know that they  play tested  an ssd in armada. The ssd will most likely be released by the end of this year for armada.

We do? They will?

I suppose you took the tweet at it's word without actually comparing the sizes of the models, without bases.

No, I just looked at the bloody image they provided. It's way bigger than 125%, closer to 160%

Edited by Lord Tareq

Yes, let there be a single AT-AT thread.  One where we can discuss to death if they will have one or not.   Maybe talk a little about sliding scale(SSD), but then again I doubt there would be many strong opinions on that...cough...cough

21 hours ago, Coldhands said:

Yeah, but investing into a game for a maybe? :) No thanks. Im sure youll have fun and wish you guys all the best moments of gaming, but this is not my cup of tea.

Thanks man. This is the attitude people who dont want the game should have. I salute you sir.