s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

2 hours ago, Clutterbuck said:

So, when I download the newest versions, I can't "unzip" the zip file.  Instead, some app called VLC player tries to open the zip file, which doesn't work.  Do I need to delete the VLC Player?  (Windows machine, btw)

Nah, VLC is a great video player (but that would be one way to remove it as a default app for the file type). Probably you should check your default applications. Assuming Windows 10 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028161/windows-10-change-default-programs (You can usually also just hit the start button and type "default apps")

You'll want to find the link in the default app window for "choose default apps by file type" and look for the file extension. You might also be able to right click on the file itself and click "open file with" to use a different application once.

If a different Windows, you can find guides on how to change the default applications online.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

https://imgur.com/a/jEuQHBB

Fighting some ARC-170s, and it seems just one tractor token is still enough to reduce their agility, even after the last tractor rules change.

Also, earlier in the turn, Asajj used her pilot ability and it didn't spend any Force.

Edit: It didn't spend force when the opponent chose to discard a green token, but later when they were forced to take stress, it did spend the force.

Edited by Matanui3

9 hours ago, MrHedgehogMan said:

Has iOS development ceased for this? I'm thinking of switching of iPhone and the latest iOS version is quite old now.

Creation of build for iOS requires Mac device. I don't have it, so iOS builds were provided by another developer.

At the moment there is no developers who help me to create iOS builds =(

16 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Creation of build for iOS requires Mac device. I don't have it, so iOS builds were provided by another developer.

At the moment there is no developers who help me to create iOS builds =(

That's a shame. I'd love to help but I only have a PC. Could you reach out to the community and see if someone could help out? I'm sure that there's lots of people out there with iPhones that would love to play the latest version.

17 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

A lot of T-70 and RZ-2 pilots, sideslip maneuver, purple maneuvers

Eta-2 Actis, Numbus, Sep.Firespray (only few pilots)

Sounds great!

This might be a good time to remind folks that @Sandrem has a Patreon listing and it's a great way to keep him fed, clothed, and housed while he works on this nifty toy for us all. 😎🍺

I love this app so much. It's a great way to quickly try out new lists.

Is there an official way to submit noted issues with the rules or is that frowned upon? One in particular with Special Forces Gunner keeps costing me games against the AI, LOL.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:51 PM, Heferito said:

I love this app so much. It's a great way to quickly try out new lists.

Is there an official way to submit noted issues with the rules or is that frowned upon? One in particular with Special Forces Gunner keeps costing me games against the AI, LOL.

You can submit issues on the GitHub. https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues

If it's not working as it should in the rules, that's a valid submission.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

5 minutes ago, Antipodean Ork said:

Not sure if it was fixed at the same time but I was using suppressive gunner, not weapons system officer...

Weapons System Officer was not required to be in squad to encounter this bug. It added check of what requirement was used for attack for in code that is common for all squads - and error occurred when special weapon without any token requirements was used.

Two problems with Automatic Target Priority:

1) the game engine is treating range 0 targets as closest valid targets, disallowing shots at range 1. While this case needs to be checked in case of enemy Zeb crew, it should otherwise skip the range 0 target when calculating closest valid attack range

1975487612_atptargeting.thumb.JPG.14477ca08d98bcc4df7f2ddbb66fde37.JPG

an secondly, if you take the calculate token on engage, the game does not progress to the next attacker. This is true whether an attack is made or (as i just discovered) if the attack is skipped. If there are any other ships of that initiative to fire, they may be selected (without a prompt) and the game will proceed. If it is the last ship of its initiative, the game cannot proceed.

atp no progress.JPG

Edited by skotothalamos
second issue added