s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lonestar113-9 said:

sometimes while playing Sometimes while playing the Unity command line pop up over the game how do I hide this?

This means that you encountered a bug. I need bug report to fix these bugs: screenshot and information about your last steps.

Edited by Sandrem

Posted (edited)

Getting an issue with the interaction between Holdo and cloak token. The long a short is that the ownership of the token remains with the ship it originated from. This can cause the following issue.  

In the scenario where a ship with Holdo removes the cloak token from say Kaz, who generated it from using cloaking device. Kaz can no longer use the second charge on cloaking device until that first charge is removed from the table. In fact even that interaction fails, he is still unable to use the charge if another ship decloaks with it.  The token has to pass back to Kaz for him to decloak with it, it will not register that it has been used up otherwise. 

Edited by Tyhar7

10 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

I told them they are not keeping proper social distancing, to no avail.

The game kept on just fine, btw.

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times, and now when I try to run the game it soft boots my laptop. Going to try reinstalling it.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, Antipodean Ork said:

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times, and now when I try to run the game it soft boots my laptop. Going to try reinstalling it.

this happened to me as well, had to delete it and reinstall

Ok, I'm ready to have a marital fight by means of installing Fly Casual on my wife's ipad. Problem is, all the guides I find about installing .ipa files are not very... reassuring? Can someone help?

I believe the Autopilot Drone is incorrect. But I could be wrong....

Basically, FC treats the charge loss as happening before dock/undock, so it doesn't occur the turn you undock.

Could be down to the ability queue, but personally, I think it should lose a charge if it is undocked at any point during the phase.

Kinda messes with my stupid plans 😄

Ok, this s definitely wrong 😄

I can dock the Autopilot Drone just after it loses it's last charge, which is fine. But then it explodes, deals a crit to the host and yet continues to exist normally. I undocked the chargeless drone and flew it around for the rest of the game, lol.

48 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Ok, this s definitely wrong 😄

I can dock the Autopilot Drone just after it loses it's last charge, which is fine. But then it explodes, deals a crit to the host and yet continues to exist normally. I undocked the chargeless drone and flew it around for the rest of the game, lol.

In what version? I thought I fixed this in v1.0

8 hours ago, Sandrem said:

In what version? I thought I fixed this in v1.0

Curious. I'm on the latest version, on Windows. You certainly fixed something because I never had the option to keep deploying infinite Drones. Sadly.

Although, after undocking the final time, the Falcon model did still have a nose.

Get issue with Paige Pilot, can't give you a log file as it doesn't crash but just freeze. Randomlu after she takes her turn in the engagement phase it won't move onto the next ships turn. It likes she's missing a skip or an ability interaction. I having been using her with Holdo and a cloak token and this often happens a turn or two after the cloak has been removed from her.

3 hours ago, Sandrem said:
Version 1.2 is released

Online multiplayer is available in P2P mode. Matchmaking service will be added later.

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Amazing!!!

Here, I did some new skins for the Republic's Y-wing and updated my other skins.

1 hour ago, Archangelspiv said:

"Rush" still not working as RAW. In Fly casual if he is damaged by an opponent before he shoots, he misses his shot. RAW states that he shoots in the next available spot after the current ship has activated. 

You don't need RAW for that.

Rush got a FAQ clarification in the rules references!

9 hours ago, funwok said:

You don't need RAW for that.

Rush got a FAQ clarification in the rules references!

Cheers @funwok, I think I didn't write correctly what I meant. I was trying to say in Fly Casual, if Rush is damaged by higher than Int 2 ships, but lower than Int 6 ships, he misses his opportunity to shoot for that round. But it should be as written in the FAQ as follows.

Q: If "Rush" becomes damaged during the Engagement Phase before the initiative 2 step, causing its initiative to become "6", what happens?

A: "Rush" engages at the current initiative step, after all other ships at that step have engaged.

In a game I played last night, a random AI squadron int 4 E Wing pilots did 3 damage to Rush, I was at Range 1 of another ship, but because he was immediately bumped to Int 6 and the game recognised all int 6 ships have already fired, Rush didnt get to shoot. 

54 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

Cheers @funwok, I think I didn't write correctly what I meant. I was trying to say in Fly Casual, if Rush is damaged by higher than Int 2 ships, but lower than Int 6 ships, he misses his opportunity to shoot for that round. But it should be as written in the FAQ as follows.

Q: If "Rush" becomes damaged during the Engagement Phase before the initiative 2 step, causing its initiative to become "6", what happens?

A: "Rush" engages at the current initiative step, after all other ships at that step have engaged.

In a game I played last night, a random AI squadron int 4 E Wing pilots did 3 damage to Rush, I was at Range 1 of another ship, but because he was immediately bumped to Int 6 and the game recognised all int 6 ships have already fired, Rush didnt get to shoot. 

Roger that!

Rush might be a singular example where this happens but it might be worth having a check to confirm that higher initiative pilots have already fired after each initiative step, in case they design similar cards in the future. Then again, if they never do then that's wasted.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:22 AM, Sandrem said:
Version 1.2 is released

Online multiplayer is available in P2P mode. Matchmaking service will be added later.

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

fantastic!

I just played a couple games with my friend. We can play an entire game of xwing in 30 min.

There are a couple of bugs I'll post on GitHub.

Stellar work!

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

@Sandrem what will you salvage from this?

Nothing. Aggressor AI is a lot more advanced (but can be used only in digital games).
I think that HotAC AI is better too (for example, it uses distance to enemy ship for maneuver selection), while it is more predictable.

But I would like to have official "vs AI" missions / campaigns from FFG. I played HotAC in 2 playgroups and it was awesome - nice way for casual play.