s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

On 4/20/2020 at 8:41 AM, Sandrem said:

I plan to add tips to loading screen of Fly Casual. Some of them will be with information about controls (how to rotate ship, how to measure distance etc), some of them will be about general strategy, maybe something funny.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/pAhOVbO.jpg
(backgroud image is by https://www.instagram.com/xwingtmgphotography/ )

I need you ideas - what tips can I add here.
Keep in mind, that this screen will be shown only for ~4 seconds, so tips should be short.
Don't worry: I will allow to disable these tips in options to load battle without this few-seconds delay.

P.S. Version 1.0 will be released in the end of whis week

"An extra ship is always better value than a couple of upgrades."

Posted (edited)

Bug in the 1.0 DEV version.

All attempts to boost or barrel roll by an Aethersprite will crash the game, whether it's a Fine Tuned Control or a regular action.

Edited by Waldorf28

On 4/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, KCDodger said:

"An extra ship is always better value than a couple of upgrades."

1 hour ago, Silver_leader said:

More guns is better than more upgrades

This is not always true. For an extreme example, see Boba, Fenn. Or alternatively, Vader, Soontir, GGI, where you can spend a walloping 28pt on a 4th ship, if you completely skip upgrades for those 3.

That extra ship can just as easily be an albatross in enough cases to make it a little misleading as a general tip.

My vague rule is that if I have 15-25pt left after putting in everything I want, I need to switch ships, rather than add a cheap filler or fiddle with upgrades. Little difficult to narrow that down to a pithy statement.

A couple that I find very helpful-

"Know your opponemts options. Aim for more"

"Focus is currency. Spend it wisely. Go without mindfully."

2 hours ago, Azrapse said:

"Your dice don't suck. You do!"

"Every complain about dice posted in the forums will delay the online multiplayer mode by one more month."

"The AI has analyzed your tactics and execution over several games. Evaluation: You are pathetic."

Seems that I found perfect community manager for Fly Casual.

After three years of development I finally release Fly Casual v1.0

This doesn't mean that all bugs are fixed or that I stop development - this only means that main features are finished and all SE content is present. In the nearest future I plan to continue bugfixing and to add online multiplayer mode.

Tell your friends about this game, share it in your local X-wing Facebook groups. If anyone tried it in early stages of development and decided that it is too unstable and to try it later - try it now.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT!!!

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/1.0

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Posted (edited)

Bumping doesn't seem to work as expected:

(I'm trying to attach a screenshot but the forum says I've used all of my attachment space. I'm trying to Manage Attachments, but can't find how to delete other stuff. When a bump should happen, the ships just overlap each other. So far I've seen it with AI ships.)

Edited by thomedwards

9 hours ago, funwok said:

Yes, the special KCDodger algorithm we implemented seems to work. It recognizes the user logins of certain forum people and adjust the dice for them. Seems you are enjoying it. 🙂

Gah, you know - I wouldn't even be surprised!

1 hour ago, Sandrem said:

After three years of development I finally release Fly Casual v1.0

This doesn't mean that all bugs are fixed or that I stop development - this only means that main features are finished and all SE content is present. In the nearest future I plan to continue bugfixing and to add online multiplayer mode.

Tell your friends about this game, share it in your local X-wing Facebook groups. If anyone tried it in early stages of development and decided that it is too unstable and to try it later - try it now.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT!!!

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/1.0

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Honestly Sandrem?

Good work dude. This IS a massive undertaking no matter how anyone looks at it. You've done an incredible job.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sandrem said:

Fixed in "1.0 Hotfix 1"

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  But I do need to let you know that (at least for the AI) when it gets to a "Finn adds a blank" step the command window pops up on screen and I can't make it go away.  I haven't tried it in a hotseat game yet so I don't know if it is just AI or overall. (Edit - So it did it in a Hotseat game as well so it is anything to do with Finn adding a die)

Edited by bgrelle

Posted (edited)

I don't know if it's specific to Echo on Android, but when decloaking, a weird bug sometimes puts Echo directly in the center of the board. Strangely, it doesn't throw an error and the game continues as normal.

Edited by Skitch_

5 hours ago, bgrelle said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  But I do need to let you know that (at least for the AI) when it gets to a "Finn adds a blank" step the command window pops up on screen and I can't make it go away.  I haven't tried it in a hotseat game yet so I don't know if it is just AI or overall. (Edit - So it did it in a Hotseat game as well so it is anything to do with Finn adding a die)

OK, so just to give some additional information on this.  I tried it again, this time without Finn gunner on Rey in the YT-1300 and as soon as it was time for Rey to modify dice the game froze and the command window showed up.  I have the hotfix update installed and am running the windows version.

2 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

I don't know if it's specific to Echo on Android, but when decloaking, a weird bug sometimes puts Echo directly in the center of the board. Strangely, it doesn't throw an error and the game continues as normal.

Oh thats normal, nobody can tell where Echo is gonna be when playing, not you or your opponent. Not even the computer or software. Seems perfectly normal to me.

Also this thing is pretty cool, been flying against 5Xs cause the AI likes to joust and fly in formation. But I will admit that the dice have been a bit unkind.

Also, loving that ROS X Wing color for Poe.