s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

21 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

Fearless does NOT work on any jumpmaster, that a feature and not a bug. Fearless works with [Frontal Arc] symbol, and the jumpmaster only has a [Turret Arc] weapon. They are not meant to work together at all.

Dang is there any way they *haven't* screwed over the JM5K chassis in 2.0. :P Thanks for the correction!

1 hour ago, Danomight said:

Dang is there any way they *haven't* screwed over the JM5K chassis in 2.0. :P Thanks for the correction!

The Jumpmaster is so badly nerfed to oblivion in 2.0 that one of the most shocking moments in X-wing history for me was seeing that they were choosing that ship as one of the first re-editions for 2.0. I honestly can't even imagine what were they thinking.

2 hours ago, Danomight said:

lol yeah that ship is still paying the price for it's 1.0 sins. If at least LEAST the left turns were also blue, I think it wouldn't be that bad. or maybe some illicit will come out eventually that will buff it a bit.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:17 AM, Sandrem said:

Version 0.9.8 is released

All cards from Wave 6 and Aces pack, resolution settings.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.9.8
Support: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Is this the most recent version of it? 

---

For yall non sandrem ppl: how is multiplayer online for fly casual? 

Does the game mostly work exactly like real life or are there big things to be aware of? 

(Can you fix problems, say theres a bug and your ship should get a stress but doesn't;t, can you give it one?)

One issue I noticed today. Rush became damaged at initiative 4. He should have engaged at the end of that initiative step (per ffg rules faq). Instead he was just skipped and never was given the opportunity to shoot.

7 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

(Can you fix problems, say theres a bug and your ship should get a stress but doesn't;t, can you give it one?)

No, it's all automated. You don't get to put tokens on the table, you can't forget to regenerate force tokens or other charges... Some abilities ask you if you want to apply them, and you sometimes can say "always" (for Guri for example, you can say yes to the focus, or say "always yes"). 

Posted (edited)

One question:

How do we get a new Image for a model in the game? Most of the Delta 7 Jedi have their own custom Delta 7 Model (e.g. Plo Koon's s blue and white). Ahsokas Delta 7 isn't in the game yet. I know that every image has a custom  link like this.

But where do these images come from? 

Edited by Ryuneke

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

But where do these images come from? 

Fly Casual mostly uses existing models and textures from Tabletop Simulator (X-Wing Unified 2.0), only few models/textures have another origin. Model of Delta-7 and it's textures are taken from this source too (I don't know their author).

If new skin is needed (like Ahsoka skin for Delta-7) - then someone needs to create such image in app like Photoshop.

Edited by Sandrem

21 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Go to Squad Builder, "Squad" in the top-left corner, "Import", paste here content of .xws file, "Import" to confirm.

I tried that several times - the response is "error creating squadron".  I thought it might have something to do with including obstacle choices, because I think I did it once successfully.