s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Whenever I attempt to load a squad Fly Casual crashes.

I tried to install a new code instance, but the problem persists.

I assume there is some sort of corruption with one of the squad files.

Is there a directory that I can access where I can delete my saved squads?

On 3/4/2020 at 7:05 PM, BenGeile said:

Do new cards only get added with new releases, and I should be looking for 0.9.7.2, or are those changes made to an existing release, and a new download of the code will show the new pilots as they're added?

You will need to download new version to get new pilots. (You will see notification of release of new version in the game itself - in right-bottom corner of UI, just click to open web-page with download-links).
At the moment all cards from current wave and aces pack are added to development build, just some extra time is needed for bugfixes - and I will release new version in a few days.

51 minutes ago, Schanez said:

I noticed, that the AI Strikers and Reapers don't use the Adaptive Ailerons. Is it a thing on my side only, or an overall bug?

AI doesn't do boosts or Barrel Rolls at all, my guess is that the Adaptive Ailerons is covered under that.

16 hours ago, Mward1984 said:

AI doesn't do boosts or Barrel Rolls at all, my guess is that the Adaptive Ailerons is covered under that.

I noticed it barely doing any actions other than Focus. Saw a Lock maybe once. Ah well...

On 3/11/2020 at 8:11 AM, Sandrem said:

You will need to download new version to get new pilots. (You will see notification of release of new version in the game itself - in right-bottom corner of UI, just click to open web-page with download-links).
At the moment all cards from current wave and aces pack are added to development build, just some extra time is needed for bugfixes - and I will release new version in a few days.

Beautiful, thanks!  

Thanks for all the great work so far. In those difficult times due to coronavirus, it's really appreciated. But i need to ask, can we expect a multiplayer mode soon? The timing would be awesome.

YAAS!!!

Me and some friends would like to play together but are unable to cuz of COVID-19. Would be nice to be able to play online. Thanks for all of the work that you have put into it- it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated!!

@Sandrem I have some question and ideas, just correct me if I am wrong. 

1) Fly Causal has a hot seat mode, that means two players can play on the same computer already the only problem is that one player has to close their eyes while the other sets his dials.

2) In theory that means that Fly Casual + TeamViewer are already an option for "Multiplayer" since both players can control the same mouse. 

3) That means that for the first version of the multiplayer aspect of Fly Casual you "just" need a networking layer to relay the position of the mouse from player A to player B and for player B to receive what the player A sees, so that  player A acts as a server and player B as client?

I need to check the source code, Cabin Fever is starting to set in from working from home, I just might be stupid enough to implement this.

3 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

@Sandrem I have some question and ideas, just correct me if I am wrong. 

1) Fly Causal has a hot seat mode, that means two players can play on the same computer already the only problem is that one player has to close their eyes while the other sets his dials.

2) In theory that means that Fly Casual + TeamViewer are already an option for "Multiplayer" since both players can control the same mouse. 

3) That means that for the first version of the multiplayer aspect of Fly Casual you "just" need a networking layer to relay the position of the mouse from player A to player B and for player B to receive what the player A sees, so that  player A acts as a server and player B as client?

I need to check the source code, Cabin Fever is starting to set in from working from home, I just might be stupid enough to implement this.

Or make it a 3 player game on team viewer: 2 players play, the third (impartial) inputs the moves from the remote player :)

39 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Using a remote control software is a nice workaround but the lag can be frustrating. YMMV. 

I know it was just me thinking out loud what needs to be done for multiplayer rather than suggesting a solution. 

On 3/17/2020 at 7:31 PM, Flurpy said:

I know it was just me thinking out loud what needs to be done for multiplayer rather than suggesting a solution. 

There is already something similar to that implemented in Fly Casual. For some time, it had a semi-working online mode, as the veterans here probably remember.
It consisted on UI interactions and ship selection events being transmitted thru the network to the other party, and each computer would just execute the game according to those UI interactions.

The problem is that different computers run the game at different speeds, so the UI interactions ended up going out of sync when, for example, a player had clicked on a ship after it performed a maneuver to make it do an action, while the ship was still moving on the other player's computer due to slower CPU speed or network lag or whatever.

Sandrem needed to rethink the network part to solve this. But there is no time for doing that while at the same time implementing all the missing cards and ships that  FFG is constantly throwing on the table.

for my experience teamwiever has a lag of 0,5/1 seconds. Fair enough, XWTMG is not an action game. I think can be ok just nailing some black panel over the dials of the other player. Or something like that.....

As nice as it would be to have Fly Casual available for multiplayer given current circumstances, I'm pretty sure @Sandrem and everyone else working on Fly Casual have a lot more important things to worry about right now.

Now, if they woke up this morning to find the equivalent of a month or two's wages sat in their Patreon, that might be a different matter.  But pretty sure it would still be way down the priority ladder.

At the very least, we still have a way to get our pew pew fix, so many thanks for that!

Thank you as always for your work!  I suggest that those who have the means and who use this app regularly support FlyCasual on Patreon.

Two Jumpmaster-related bugs:

1) Fearless does not work on any of the Jumpmasters with title equipped.  I haven't tested Fearless on them without the title.

2) Once Tel is placed back on the board after having been destroyed, none of the cards on her work and enemy ships are unable to target her.  

1 hour ago, Danomight said:

Thank you as always for your work!  I suggest that those who have the means and who use this app regularly support FlyCasual on Patreon.

Two Jumpmaster-related bugs:

1) Fearless does not work on any of the Jumpmasters with title equipped.  I haven't tested Fearless on them without the title.

Fearless does NOT work on any jumpmaster, that a feature and not a bug. Fearless works with [Frontal Arc] symbol, and the jumpmaster only has a [Turret Arc] weapon. They are not meant to work together at all.