s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Quick error report, all while utilizing the latest version of FC (apologies if already posted):

-Rebel Han not able to re-roll obstacle damage, the Lando (crew) action dice, or the die from R2-D2 crew.

-Kanan Crew (also Rebel) unable to remove the stress from a debris cloud after fully executing a white maneuver over it.

-Hotshot Gunner not triggering (only tested on Rebel Han, not sure if working on other ships).

Thanks for all of the amazing work on this project guys, I know for a fact this is growing the great game of X-Wing!

Patreon here, couldn't figure out how to post an image there so reporting here.  Keep up the good work!

I've suspected for a while that something is off when the app determines "in arc" and range.  Finally got a situation over the weekend where it's pretty obvious.  I think what's going on is that the measurement is a pure closest-to-closest rather than looking at the closest point in arc.

Looking at the attachment, you can see that the app called this out of arc even though it's visually obvious that the front right corner of the shuttle is in arc for the highlighted X-wing.  I (clumsily) added the yellow line to show roughly where the arc line is.

arc-error.jpg

35 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Quick error report, all while utilizing the latest version of FC (apologies if already posted):

-Rebel Han not able to re-roll obstacle damage, the Lando (crew) action dice, or the die from R2-D2 crew.

-Kanan Crew (also Rebel) unable to remove the stress from a debris cloud after fully executing a white maneuver over it.

-Hotshot Gunner not triggering (only tested on Rebel Han, not sure if working on other ships).

Thanks for all of the amazing work on this project guys, I know for a fact this is growing the great game of X-Wing!

I don't know about the rest, but the Rebel Han issue is an old old one that I've definitely mentioned at least once.

Sandrem thank you and your fellow coders(if that is what you call yourself sorry if it inst i am not computer savvy) this is the almost the only chance i get to play.

i do have a question do you want people coming on here to complain about bugs? because it seems rude to me.

and to those of you that B about the AI cheating. The AI doesn't barrel roll or boost, it doesn't link actions, it doesn't cloak, it doesn't drop bombs. so if you are playing against a list that has those mechanics you are just spotting yourself points. fly against list like 5 x-wing, 5 resistance a-wings, the FO Ocho. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:56 AM, Mward1984 said:

Some bugs I've found

1) R4 Astromech no longer functions.

From what I understand, the ability is in writing on the lower left hand corner as the ability is used.
I had the same concern with the 0.9.7 update, and mentioned it myself.  0.9.7.1 corrected it with the fix I mentioned.

I have played a few games with the Fly Casual Simulator yesterday, and I have seen something:

- Does the buzz swarm is supposed to be accessible ? I tried to put discord missiles on my droids, and the option wasn't there. I have seen the marvelous graphics that have seen made, but does the attachment to the ship have been programmed ?

- The points adjustements have been made, but not for TA-175, which is still at 5 points. It's supposed to be at 9 points.

I also wish to tell that all the job that have been done on thi simulator is A+ !!!! I flied a swarm with Sloane, and my virtual opponent was flying 4 Ks. I don't know what a real player would have done, but the computer have targeted the reaper with Sloane instead of shooting all the swarm in front of the shuttle. I thought that was a good move to try to remove Sloane from the table, I have to say that the AI is very well thought. It is not an experienced player, but it's far better than the earlier versions when the computer squad was deployed all along the board, at equal distance one ship from the other.

Again, well done !

Hi !

I don't know if this is just me but I'm playing a lot on my Android mobile and i find that since the last update the game has slowed down a lot. When the AI is programming its dials, everthing become laggy and it can take several minutes per ship. Same when dice are thrown. It's nearly unplayable and that's a shame because I really like the work that is done here.

I just remebered a nice feature that could be interesting. I don't want to put pressure, but I think that all the players would appreciate that:

During the engagement phase, when you select a ship to fire at the opponent, it would be nice to see the firing arc like a shade (similar to vassal). We can see more precisely the range of each of our targets, and choose between two ships that are close to range 1, and see if one of them is.

I've finally tried Fly Casual this weekend and I have to say that it's a great piece of kit. Well done to all involved!

After a loss or two, however, I've been steamrolling the AI (with its own random lists) because of one simple thing, it always aims to set up in a box-ish formation to one side and its opening turns are very similar which makes it much easier to set up my own kill box. The AI is quite competent when it gets into the scrum, but being able to nail the opening almost every time removes part of the challenge.

A simple fix (that wouldn't require reworking the AI) would be having an option so that the human player can choose to set up the AI ships' starting position instead of it setting all its ships in a box formation. In other words, have it work like a hotseat game until it gets time to set dials.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:27 PM, egudmunson said:

Sandrem thank you and your fellow coders(if that is what you call yourself sorry if it inst i am not computer savvy) this is the almost the only chance i get to play.

i do have a question do you want people coming on here to complain about bugs? because it seems rude to me.

and to those of you that B about the AI cheating. The AI doesn't barrel roll or boost, it doesn't link actions, it doesn't cloak, it doesn't drop bombs. so if you are playing against a list that has those mechanics you are just spotting yourself points. fly against list like 5 x-wing, 5 resistance a-wings, the FO Ocho. 

Reporting bugs is the only way they can be discovered and fixed.  Some folks may cross over into griping and complaining but I believe the vast majority of bug reports are made in good faith to improve the program and are in no way intended as an insult to Sandrem and don't come off as rude.  That's just how software development has to happen.

But yes, "Sandrem we all appreciate your hard work.  Thank You!"  Could always be said more often.

9 minutes ago, BlastyMcBlasterFace said:

Seismic charges tell me to select an obstical, they glow red, but then never actually let me select them.  I have to skip.  Android.

Thank you.

You need to switch from "Touch Mode" to "Mouse Mode" to be able to select them.

2 hours ago, HamStarooh said:

I cannot select other pilot than kazuda for the fireball,

is that ok?

maybe it's just that they're not all programmed yet, same as with half of the Tie/Ba pilot and most of the new Hotshot Pilots. Give Sandrem a bit more time and they should all be there eventually. :P 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, Silver_leader said:

I just remebered a nice feature that could be interesting. I don't want to put pressure, but I think that all the players would appreciate that:

During the engagement phase, when you select a ship to fire at the opponent, it would be nice to see the firing arc like a shade (similar to vassal). We can see more precisely the range of each of our targets, and choose between two ships that are close to range 1, and see if one of them is.

right click on an enemy ship and it will show you range, if in arc/no arc, and bulleyes arc. Then left click to choose. It's already all implemented.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:43 AM, Asaverino1019 said:

Bug report.  Enemy ships can use Del Meeko's ability.

Enemy can also use Serissu's ability.  And the range limitation is incorrect for it as well.

Oh man, two wish list items:

An undo button. I can't tell you how many times I clicked barrel roll when I thought I was clicking boost.

Bring back the windowed game option. I know someone posted how to go in and fiddle to get it to work, but I don't have that option sometimes since I'm not an administrator on some of the PCs I use.

I know these don't have any priority, but I feel better having put it "out there"...

Thank you everyone who's contributed their time, talent and money to keep this simulator going!

10 hours ago, Itchy2 said:

Enemy can also use Serissu's ability.  And the range limitation is incorrect for it as well.

Omg... that could open up a whole new design space. Abilities that benefit you and your opponent in some way... 

1 minute ago, Silver_leader said:

It already exists. The card is called Greedo.

Yep, I guess since he isn't used basically at all, then it probably isn't a good idea. 

16 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Yep, I guess since he isn't used basically at all, then it probably isn't a good idea. 

My guess is honestly that it comes down to two things.

1: Literally nobody likes Greedo.
2: Too much variance.

More the former I bet.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, DarthSempai said:

right click on an enemy ship and it will show you range, if in arc/no arc, and bulleyes arc. Then left click to choose. It's already all implemented.

Do you know if there is a way to do it in touchscreen? 

I would prefer if the firing arc were illuminated like in Vassal, personally.

My number one request is for the Skip button to be elsewhere on the screen. I often seem to catch it by mistake. 

Keep up the work, everyone. This remains my main source of list testing :) thanks to all who contribute! 

Edited by Estarriol