s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

One thought: a round counter and point counter.  

I think Dion of GS said the average X-Wing game went 13 rounds.  Maybe as a setting you could put in the current score and round?  Most of my physical games go to time, so this would be super helpful in simulating that.

Edited by BlastyMcBlasterFace

4 minutes ago, Boba Fatt said:

Dude I can't even use the simulator any more.  It is so skewed towards the AI it isn't even funny.  I appreciate the work that has gone into it but man does it have a long way to go.  

Interesting.

I think that the application is a superb piece of programming. I honestly think that FF should reach out to Sandrem to better fund his project. Playtesters can get in 3 or 4 times as many games in the same time they need to play one physical game. There's huge opportunity to improve the game through this application.

As for the AI, I have the entirely opposite experience. I can't remember the last time I lost a game even when running total jank. I very much hope that the online player vs player functionality is implimented some day.

10 minutes ago, Boba Fatt said:

Dude I can't even use the simulator any more.  It is so skewed towards the AI it isn't even funny.  I appreciate the work that has gone into it but man does it have a long way to go.  

Ah, yes... "skewed towards the AI"

tumblr_mea9p52MQX1rt6l6g.gif

...we have dismissed that claim.

Seriously, there's plenty of posts over the last couple of pages refuting that opinion.  But if the AI is even getting to roll dice in the first place, you're doing it wrong.

19 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I would say if the AI isn't rolling (green) dice, you're doing it wrong...

Well, quite.  But green dice should be all it is rolling.  And red dice should be al that you're rolling.

And even then, there's ways to mitigate it's rolls...

4 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Well, quite.  But green dice should be all it is rolling.  And red dice should be al that you're rolling.

And even then, there's ways to mitigate it's rolls...

If only A-Wings could fit Snap Shot on top of their Outmaneuver and Juke...

5 hours ago, BlastyMcBlasterFace said:

One thought: a round counter and point counter.  

I think Dion of GS said the average X-Wing game went 13 rounds.  Maybe as a setting you could put in the current score and round?  Most of my physical games go to time, so this would be super helpful in simulating that.

I agree.  I would love a round counter, and some way to find out what the score is.
I'd also like a random selection of obstacles for the AI.  Right now it's the large asteroids as the "default".

Keep up the great work, guys!

3 hours ago, Boba Fatt said:

What part is skewed? Are you talking about dice, or something else?

2 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Big update with new features will be released later, testing is needed.

Patreon and frequent user. If you need testers let me know. 

Edited by Mistborn_Jedi

18 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

How soon can we expect the release with new points?

Edit:

This is not a feature request, just asking for a general update 

Slight note: in the meantime, if you have a new build that does not fit in the 200 point limit, you can simply disable the point limit in the options.  Sure, it might mean that you could lose control of the initiative, but it allows you to play any concept in the meantime :)

Fly Casual v0.9.7 is released

Small update with January 2020 costs and errata.
Also support of XWS format, overall dice statistics, Fireball ship, few new cards from "Hotshots and Aces" pack.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.9.7
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Edited by Sandrem

I'm not asking for technical support, and I see there's a thread on it on GitHub, but I'm just leaving this here as an FYI for any other Mac users who happen to be on these forums.

https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues/2446

I'm also a MacOS user who can't get the new version to work (the old versions did, but that was also probably an older version of MacOS).

Here is how you get to goof at work:

1) I am going to assume Windows, If someone needs Mac advice I can do it as well.

2) Start Command Prompt in the folder that Fly Casual in in, tutorial

3) Type in FlyCasual.exe -screen-fullscreen 0 -screen-height 800 -screen-width 600. Press Enter

First bolded number is if the game will be full screen. 0 is NO, 1 is YES. Second number is screen height, third is screen width, play around with numbers until you find best size to hide at work

Edited by Flurpy