s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

11 hours ago, Xan4du said:

Can some sandbox-like options be added?

1) "Undo" feature is not planned. There are a lot of abilities, and to undo them - we need not just to revert positions of ship and damage/tokens, but to handle more complex states. This will require to write "undo" code for a lot of abilities (we have ~500 abilities in the game). As an alternative, we can restart game and restore state by playing a replay untill it reaches required turn, then return controls to players - but this will is more like save/load and will take a lot of time to wait after "Undo" button is pressed.

2) This feature can be added, if you are enough interested in it. (As I see, this will take few days of work, so I don't plan to add this only for "Thank you very much")

3) In plans. At the moment, planning phase is same for all game modes, so it uses "Hotseat" mode rules, where players assign maneuvers in order of initiative - but I plan to add simultaneous planning phase later.

12 hours ago, Sandrem said:

1) "Undo" feature is not planned. There are a lot of abilities, and to undo them - we need not just to revert positions of ship and damage/tokens, but to handle more complex states. This will require to write "undo" code for a lot of abilities (we have ~500 abilities in the game). As an alternative, we can restart game and restore state by playing a replay untill it reaches required turn, then return controls to players - but this will is more like save/load and will take a lot of time to wait after "Undo" button is pressed.

2) This feature can be added, if you are enough interested in it. (As I see, this will take few days of work, so I don't plan to add this only for "Thank you very much")

3) In plans. At the moment, planning phase is same for all game modes, so it uses "Hotseat" mode rules, where players assign maneuvers in order of initiative - but I plan to add simultaneous planning phase later.

Much appreciated!

1. Understand, that does sound pretty hefty a job. How about a restart to after ships and obstacles have been placed?

2. That does sound reasonable ^_^ (time to dig into my pockets)

3. Awesome. simultaneous planning would be great.

4. I notice the mobile app auto-quits when it is not the active app at some points, but not others. Is this inherent to the app, or my phone's memory/power restrictions?

5. When it is Controls: Mouse, starting ship placement is locked to the green zone. Can this also be done for the Control: Touch option too?

6. Can we toggle 2D/3D mode in Options?

15 minutes ago, Xan4du said:

4. I notice the mobile app auto-quits when it is not the active app at some points, but not others. Is this inherent to the app, or my phone's memory/power restrictions?

5. When it is Controls: Mouse, starting ship placement is locked to the green zone. Can this also be done for the Control: Touch option too?

6. Can we toggle 2D/3D mode in Options?

4) This is usual behavior of apps in Android - if they are not used, they are closed when another apps need memory (exception is for apps that should run in background). And Fly Casual uses a lot of memory.

5) In plans. (Touch controls were added by another developer - and I need some extra time to adapt another features for them too)

6) I plan to save last used mode from previous game - and start new game in the same mode. I think that this will do the same without using of space in options.

Just to be clear, FC doesn’t actually install anything on a PC? It’s like the folder contents are all inclusive and work like a sandbox, if you will?

Reason I’m asking, if I were to keep the folder on a thumb drive, I could play on any PC and never create any footprint, right?  

14 minutes ago, K-2SO said:

if I were to keep the folder on a thumb drive, I could play on any PC and never create any footprint, right?  

You can play Fly Casual from thumb drive on any PC. But it saves changed options in Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sandrem\Fly Casual: X-Wing TMG Simulator) and saves your custom squads in your profile-folder ("%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\")

Anyone else tried to run this on a Fire tablet? I've got a 7th gen/2017 model Fire HD 10, and when it starts to load into the game after squad building it crashes. No report option pops up or anything, just a boot right back to the home screen.

And I've noticed that when playing on my laptop it sometimes locks the screen so that I can't rotate, zoom, or move around.

3 minutes ago, dotswarlock said:

A question for FlyCasual users: is there any AI squads that you made that offer a harder challange that you frequently use?  I usually pick "random", but I'm ready for other challenges :)

when I want a challenge, I will give it an Inferno Squad with Crack Shots. It blows Iden too early (and after spending tokens to reduce incoming damage) but it can be a decent challenge sometimes.

5 Kihraxzes also does alright.

4 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Question: does the IA always deploy in a tight formation now? I consistently get tight deployment from it, and of course I take advantage of it.

Yes, always.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:41 PM, Sandrem said:

Fly Casual v0.9.6 is released
Wave 5 points and slots update, Grappling Struts and Landing Struts (with animation)
Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.9.6
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Thanks for your work,

I think Sun FACK is 2 points more expensive,

And i observed some errors with the card Gravitic Deflection in the Nantex, with two Nantex in game i could reroll up to 3 dices wich is imposible

17 hours ago, dotswarlock said:

A question for FlyCasual users: is there any AI squads that you made that offer a harder challange that you frequently use?  I usually pick "random", but I'm ready for other challenges :)

Remove the limitation of 200 points and give the AI a squadron above that limit. Like 6 or 7 B-wings.
I don't remember what the record was here... There was a thread in the forum just for these kind of challenges.

17 hours ago, dotswarlock said:

5 Cartel Marauders with Deadman's Switch is pretty nasty.

Posted (edited)

I think I am out with this simulator, I have tried and tried and tried to give it a chance. There have been many proponents of there is no skew to AI die, but the last 10 games I have tried, the AI's opening die are crazy. In every game. Was just giving it a try now, out of the 8 green die the AI rolled 7 natural evades and a focus which it turned into an evade. I am more than happy to give benefit of the doubt etc, but this has been every opening for the last 10 games. It's only a paranoid conspiracy if there isn't evidence to support accusations.   

I am probably wrong, wont be the first time, definitely not the last, but I am saving myself the frustration of trying out different things only to have this scenario happen no matter what I try. I think the concept is great.

I should add, in this last game, I have rolled 6 green die, for 1 natural evade, 2 focus and 3 blanks.... Quelle Surprise...

Edited by Archangelspiv

On 10/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, dotswarlock said:

4 B wings with shield upgrade and selfless

4 tie fo/sf with fire control system, fanatical and special forces gunner

5 cartel marauders  

1 hour ago, Archangelspiv said:

I think I am out with this simulator, I have tried and tried and tried to give it a chance. There have been many proponents of there is no skew to AI die, but the last 10 games I have tried, the AI's opening die are crazy. In every game. Was just giving it a try now, out of the 8 green die the AI rolled 7 natural evades and a focus which it turned into an evade. I am more than happy to give benefit of the doubt etc, but this has been every opening for the last 10 games. It's only a paranoid conspiracy if there isn't evidence to support accusations.   

I am probably wrong, wont be the first time, definitely not the last, but I am saving myself the frustration of trying out different things only to have this scenario happen no matter what I try. I think the concept is great.

I should add, in this last game, I have rolled 6 green die, for 1 natural evade, 2 focus and 3 blanks.... Quelle Surprise...

I kinda like some games with wacky dice, because these games happen in real life too. That said, it would be nice to have an option where you can manually enter dice results so you can throw them in real life, or just enter average results.