s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Well after 3 hours of attempting to run Vassal and it claiming my module needed to be in a writable folder (which it was), I tried installing FC. Another 2 hours of dealing with fatal errors concerning unfound entry points and things not located in their dynamic link libraries and I give up!

Im sure it’s the inferior machine my mother gave me to use while I’m staying here, so I can’t fault anyone, but it’s so frustrating. I dont know how people live with bad computers. On my machine, I DL stuff, install it and it just works. Always. Oh wel. 

1 hour ago, K-2SO said:

Well after 3 hours of attempting to run Vassal and it claiming my module needed to be in a writable folder (which it was), I tried installing FC. Another 2 hours of dealing with fatal errors concerning unfound entry points and things not located in their dynamic link libraries and I give up!

Im sure it’s the inferior machine my mother gave me to use while I’m staying here, so I can’t fault anyone, but it’s so frustrating. I dont know how people live with bad computers. On my machine, I DL stuff, install it and it just works. Always. Oh wel. 

Fly Casual is just literally download and run. There is no installation process needed or anything.
I can only think that you are using an extremely old version of Windows? Or an extremely busted one. Or is it some non-Intel architecture like ARM?

6 hours ago, K-2SO said:

Vassal: is your user account an admin level one?

Did you try to put the module in /program files/vassal/ ? (don't)

Did you try adding rights to the folder that contains your module? (ie c:/vassal/)

5 hours ago, Azrapse said:

Fly Casual is just literally download and run. There is no installation process needed or anything.
I can only think that you are using an extremely old version of Windows? Or an extremely busted one. Or is it some non-Intel architecture like ARM?

Windows Surface RT or something like that would be an issue for sure...

It’s worse than you can imagine...Vista. 😑

@Mu0n729 yup. Running as Admin and my mod is in a folder on my desktop. The ONLY issue I can see is that the folder keeps reverting back to write only when I recheck properties. I’ve changed it in cmd, though, so I don’t know what else to do there. It’s a known issue in certain Windows, it seems. 

@Azrapse

yeah, I can’t imagine what’s going on in this case. Zip extracted just fine, try to run and, “Tge procedure entry point TryAquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.” 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, Sandrem. Believe it or not, the laptop is completely updated. I was shocked! lol

anyway, it seems like TryAquireSRWLockExclusive is a Windows 7+ function, so it’s never going to find it on Vista. 

Look on the bright side, when the 2nd person on the planet attempts to run FC on Vista, at least we’ll have an answer for him! 😂 

21 minutes ago, K-2SO said:

Thanks, Sandrem. Believe it or not, the laptop is completely updated. I was shocked! lol

anyway, it seems like TryAquireSRWLockExclusive is a Windows 7+ function, so it’s never going to find it on Vista. 

Look on the bright side, when the 2nd person on the planet attempts to run FC on Vista, at least we’ll have an answer for him! 😂 

T7F9etp.gif

16 hours ago, K-2SO said:

Oh, you are right! :(

System requirements for Unity 2019.2

Operating system:
Windows 7 SP1+
macOS 10.12+
Ubuntu 16.04+

CPU:
SSE2 instruction set support.

GPU:
Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities.

Edited by Azrapse

Hello. I'd like to register a bug:

I is when Manaroo wants t pass calulate tokens as a part of her ability. It behaves correctly for focus points.

App is very good though:) keep up the good job.

bug.jpg

20 hours ago, K-2SO said:

It’s worse than you can imagine...Vista. 😑

@Mu0n729 yup. Running as Admin and my mod is in a folder on my desktop. The ONLY issue I can see is that the folder keeps reverting back to write only when I recheck properties. I’ve changed it in cmd, though, so I don’t know what else to do there. It’s a known issue in certain Windows, it seems. 

https://superuser.com/questions/383952/unable-to-change-windows-vista-read-only-folder-attribute

Found a bug with transferring tokens with Holdo. 

Loaded Holdo onto Rey Falcon and I was trying to transfer Stress, Ion and Disarm tokens to Nien and it seems to cause a crash each time. Focus tokens seem to work okay. 

Additionally Static discharge Vanes and Feedback array are currently working with old rule set. You should now be able to offset the Ion token with SDV and still trigger the damage from feedback array.

Edited by Tyhar7

Snap Shot Bug: Fly Casual appears to trigger Snap Shot appropriately, but only allows the shot roughly 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time the player gets stuck unable to select the target of their snap shot.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:32 AM, markrivett said:

Snap Shot Bug: Fly Casual appears to trigger Snap Shot appropriately, but only allows the shot roughly 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time the player gets stuck unable to select the target of their snap shot.

I ran into that as well, but I realized what the problem was: Snap Shot's attack is range 2 only (as in, it isn't 0-2, 1-2, 2-3, etc). The trigger happens for ships that are closer than range 2 (and possibly farther, though I didn't notice that at the time). If a ship moves into the front arc at range 1, it triggers Snap Shot, which then can't attack, because it's not in the correct range band. Fly Casual provides the weapons for which the target is in the correct range, but then gives an error since they aren't eligible to be used with the Snap Shot bonus attack.

If an enemy ship moves into the front arc, and is at range 2, it triggers, provides the Snap Shot option, and it works as it should.

Just tried Berwer Kret, after he hits a target the game asks for you to pick someone with calculate to do a red action. If you dont have anyone with calculate it just suts there in first person, waiting for you to pick a friendly with calculate. Even if there is 0 valid options.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, Sandrem said:

Fly Casual v0.9.6 is released
Wave 5 points and slots update, Grappling Struts and Landing Struts (with animation)
Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.9.6
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

1: Stuck on a chromebook, which version do I download?
2: What's the ETA on Multiplayer?

4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

1: Stuck on a chromebook, which version do I download?
2: What's the ETA on Multiplayer?

1) Depends of what type of files you download for another games. Did you download another games on it?
2) This is type of question, that is better to ask as Patreon supporter 😃. Depending on level of support from community, from few months to "sorry, I didn't have enough of free time to add big new features".

On 9/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, Sandrem said:

Fly Casual v0.9.6 is released
Wave 5 points and slots update, Grappling Struts and Landing Struts (with animation)
Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.9.6
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Sandrem,

Can some sandbox-like options be added?

1. UNDO button to reset to beginning of round at dial phase. To explore different options.

2. Highlighting a ship reveales a shadow overlay of possible placements from manuever.

These are toggled in the Extras section.

In addition, while Human v.s. AI, can you force the AI do their maneuver calculations first? This saves time while I decide on my ships' dials

Thanks