s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

On 7/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, Sandrem said:

iz5FR1D.png

I want to be clear about what I'm seeing when I look at the stats. If the percentage is a negative number, is that the percentage BELOW average I'm rolling? If it's a positive number, is that the percentage ABOVE average I'm rolling?

Just now, drail14me said:

I want to be clear about what I'm seeing when I look at the stats. If the percentage is a negative number, is that the percentage BELOW average I'm rolling? If it's a positive number, is that the percentage ABOVE average I'm rolling?

Here is an example:

rxM6i2r.jpg

"Player 2" rolled 8 attack dice, results were perfect (1 crit, 3 hits, 2 eyes, 2 blanks - 1-in-1 as sides on attack die).

"Player 1" rolled 8 attack dice, and got 3 crit results. 3/8=37,5% of dice were crit results. Expected result is 1/8=12.5%. So, difference is 37.5-12.5=+25%
But "Player 1" got 0 usual hit results. 0% of dice were hits, expected result is 3/8 = 37.5%. So, difference is 0-37.5=-37.5%

On 7/24/2019 at 1:32 AM, Sandrem said:

I think that these few lines of ideas mean few months of work in my free time. :)

I think this point people understand but don’t pay enough respect to. If you want to add to the app, donate or use patreon. Sandrem isn’t paid to create this and while he/she? (Don’t want to assume 😳), they implement things when they can, but real life gets in the way and hobbies are the first to put on hold. 

Keep up the great work Sandrem. 

So managed to fix the card issue by copying across the image folder from a working install. So that's nice.

New error - it's telling me the mesh is inaccessible when it reaches the place obstacles stage. That error was happening before I copied across the image folder.

Round and round I go 😛

Don't know if it's been reported, but apparently the game doesn't allow the Electronic Baffle + Tavson interaction. 

Also, the game seems to skip Quickdraw's bonus attack if she's been hit by the last ship to fire on the board (the game skips to the cleanup/system phase.)

On 8/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, chrisrivers said:

If I fail a decloak, the game will not let you advance past the system phase.

I had that happen to me last night too, 05 August. Was going to write 05/08 but our US brothers and sisters may have thought I was necro’ing from 08 May. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Sorry, but I cannot fix luck of a player 😃

After a few games of these, you start to wonder.

Also with the zoomed in view, when playing something like the Ghost, it blocks 2/3rds the screen when using something like Vet Turret Gunner. I cant zoom out or rotate the camera to try and pick my target.

Capture4.PNG.4b7f4d29faad875298f585a4b76bbc17.PNG

Edited by Archangelspiv

2 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

Capture4.PNG.4b7f4d29faad875298f585a4b76bbc17.PNG

This is extreme, but quite a small.sample size.

Dice are stupid, they don't know the odds.

IRL the other day, 2 of my 1st 3 attacks were all natty hit/crit on 5 dice. My opponent rolled 4 blanks on the 2nd. 

Good old Zuckuss :D

24 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

This is extreme, but quite a small.sample size.

Dice are stupid, they don't know the odds.

IRL the other day, 2 of my 1st 3 attacks were all natty hit/crit on 5 dice. My opponent rolled 4 blanks on the 2nd. 

Good old Zuckuss :D

This was the first round of shooting with a list I was trying out, Chopper in the Ghost, AP 5 docked shuttle and Lando in YT. I also had Vet TG on the Ghost. 

This is how a lot of my games are going now though, I have taken more screen shoots, but I didnt want to fill up the page with whiny posts. 
There are times where I have rolled 10 more evade die, I normally play FO/Scum and Empire, and the AI has rolled more evades than me. I know that averages arent, but I just wanted to show an example of how things are going. A lot of people love the simulator, including myself, and a lot of people use it as they cant get in regular games to test out lists. They are having the same games as me and cant use the simulator to test lists because they are constantly being out rolled by the AI. 

I did not want to make this sound like a whiny post, but I think it got there in the end by itself. 

Posted (edited)

Dice are fair. Behavior of dice is the same as in real life.

Code is open source, anyone can check. Randomization of dice is done in file "Scripts/View/Board/Dice/Die.cs" at line 102 (each 3d-axis gets a random rotation), then gravity does it's work. No special behavior for AI or real player.

If you lose because dice results - this is only luck, the same situation can be in real life match.

Players usually ignore own lucky rolls and bad rolls of opponent ("I won because I fly better!"), but remember situations when lose in opposite situations ("How you can roll dice better than me? You are cheater!"). As example, try to remember, how many times you rolled 3 blanks on 3 green dice, and how many times you rolled 3 evades - most of players remember examples of first situation better.

Also a lot of players don't understand how chances/probability work.
Few simple examples:
1) Just flip a coin 100-1000 times, record results, and see how often it has series of the same side and how long these series sometimes. And understand, that if you flip a coin only few times - you can get results from that long series of the same good/bad result.
2) Chance to get 6 evades in a row is only 0,278%. But you play a lot of matches, and in each of them players roll dice a lot of times (100 matches with 100 dice rolls = 10'000 rolls!)  - as result, it's almost guaranteed that you will see this situation often enough. But you can encounter this 6 perfect results in some not important shots in the middle of the long game, or encounter them in the initial joust and lose miserably because of this.

---

I don't want to repeat same things each time, so, starting from this reply, I will ignore any discussion of AI dice rolls.
Please, quote this reply when new discussion will be started again.

Edited by Sandrem

Another tool that can help a player understand probabilities, especially in X-Wing, is this one:

http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/2/multi/

It can give a player a comprehensive look at what their odds are.  If you work so that probabilities are on your side, you will increase your odds of constantly winning.  Otherwise, winning will be dependant on the luck of the dice.

The stats tool in the simulator is just a tool to give a player an indication of how lucky / unlucky they were, which also happens in real life :)

Hi all

Just getting back into the game and this simulator had helped me practice my maneuvers really well. Thank you for making this. Is there a Patreon or similar where I can contribute a little money to express my gratitude. I just wish I had a PC to play it on instead of my mobile. I tried using on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, yes I know an old one!!) But it doesn't work sadly.

I noticed a few errors, if I fail to De cloak the game freezes and if I use Bobas ability (crew in Falcon) the game completely licks out with a text box at the top of the screen. I'm playing on Huawei p20

Thanks

27 minutes ago, ogretyrant said:

Hi all

Just getting back into the game and this simulator had helped me practice my maneuvers really well. Thank you for making this. Is there a Patreon or similar where I can contribute a little money to express my gratitude. I just wish I had a PC to play it on instead of my mobile. I tried using on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, yes I know an old one!!) But it doesn't work sadly.

I noticed a few errors, if I fail to De cloak the game freezes and if I use Bobas ability (crew in Falcon) the game completely licks out with a text box at the top of the screen. I'm playing on Huawei p20

Thanks

You can support Sandrem here https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Obviously I don't now how difficult it will be to implement but I would love to get Ved Foslo's full set of manoeuvres available. He needs those non-dial moves to stand out.

Thanks massively for the update. 7th Fleet Gunner and a fully functional 7th Sis crew are much appreciated.

Posted (edited)

I should be able to choose to use Novice Technician.  There are crits that don't really have an effect on you that you don't want to take the chance of getting something worse.

Edited by chrisrivers