s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

9 hours ago, Sandrem said:

In current version AI just deploys ships in formation, it doesn't try to keep formation during planning/activation phases - it just tries to avoid bumping in friendly ships.
Real "Formation AI" in plans.

Still, it's a major upgrade compared to the formation that was all on the length of the map. Thanks for this first big step 

Couple of small things to report:

Seventh Sister (crew) automatically triggers when an enemy ship within range 1 gets a stress token; you don't get to choose to use it or choose which effect to use.

When a Reaper uses Aerilons to pass over and clear a gas cloud (any obstacle?) the ship looses it's action, although it should not.

Brilliant work as always Sandrem! It's amazing!

Minor stuff to fix, I've seen that if I choose all 3 different small debris, I end up with 3 copies of the same debris (the YT expantion one, IIRC).
It's not much of a deal, probably something where the wrong prefab has been referenced (maybe some copied/paste code :P ).

Posted (edited)

Finally Got this on another device. It’s incredible thank you!

Two questions so far, how do you quit out of a game? And also is there a way to rotate ships to a perfect 90 degrees in setup?

figured out the quit game. Turns out I don’t understand android phones. 😅😇

Edited by christhesecond

3 hours ago, drail14me said:

I need to AI's dice when I play a real game. Never seen so many red and green natties!! LOL

Wasn't there a setting where you could show how many results each rolled over the course of the game? I really want to turn this on but I can't find it.

6 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Wasn't there a setting where you could show how many results each rolled over the course of the game? I really want to turn this on but I can't find it.

C5qLQir.png

11 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Sandrem says it's fair and I believe him.

I just need the peace of mind of seeing for myself as it will reduce my green-dice-induced rage.

Oh yeah, not doubting the randomness. I'm talking about situations we would swear we have abnormally bad dice, I wonder how often the dice are actual average overall.

That being said, here are two sequential defenses:
eHaqMKr.png

2 hours ago, prauxim said:

Oh yeah, not doubting the randomness. I'm talking about situations we would swear we have abnormally bad dice, I wonder how often the dice are actual average overall.

eHaqMKr.png

I see that you and I share the same dice!!! I do believe the dice are fare in the game but I also believe I'm cursed when it comes to games of chance!!

Awesome work. Its getting better and better!

Couple of bugs I recently discovered:

- seismic charge doesnt let me to select an obstacle anymore... Have to skip it with no damage done. 

- cant equip diamond boron missile to major vynder (empty squad gets spawned) 

- boba (crew) cant find range 0 to obstacle (console shows up showing distances as 0.00137 - I believe its set so that you would have the exact center of the obstacle, which is almost impossible) 

- r5p8 is doing damage to self even with no crit rerolled

- can't reload contraband kybernetics with jabba (charge gets increased, but you cant do red moves or actions while stressed as supposed to be) 

Using android-version if thats important. 

Keep up the good work. Really enjoying this app. 

8 hours ago, prauxim said:

eHaqMKr.png

How about those re-rolls that kind of just lean against another die then settle right back on the original result?

11 hours ago, christhesecond said:

is there a way to rotate ships to a perfect 90 degrees in setup?

On mobile devices - no perfrect rotation, only real life precision)
I plan to add "Rotate N degrees" button for mobile devices later.

10 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

iz5FR1D.png

The AI is surprisingly good. How do they decide which action to take?

I played the old squadron benchmark online tool for thousands of hours and so far, I’ve found that their use of actions was slightly better. For example they would barrel roll regularly if it meant still having a shot but dodging an arc.

Some ideas/thoughts that have sprung to mind thus far are:

- rotate ships (you’ve mentioned this)

- perhaps various tools that allow fixed placement of your own formations

- possible to get ai to try to focus on one target/focus firing instead of seem fly random?

- different ai settings. For example offensive, bias towards target lock, neutral with no bias and defensive with bias towards evades and arc dodging. Along same lines could set individual ships or pilots to have an individual action bias.

- is there a way to program them to dial in moves that don’t leave them squarely in front of a rock?

what do you think? :)

Just an FYI. A Phantom failing a decloak may cause the game to not move to the next step. 

For example, I choose to "Right Straight 2" when decloaking but I overlap an asteroid. The maneuver template disappears (just like on a failed barrel roll), the red message appears saying it failed, but then nothing happens. The Phantom is still selected, but it won't do anything. The game should move to the next step in the Systems phase or finish out the System phase. Instead, it just does nothing, and stays in that state indefinitely.

I've attached a screenshot of the log that is displayed when I press Esc to exit the game (which also causes things to become unresponsive. Must Force Quit to completely exit).

383876396_FlyCasualerror.jpg.b32a5594390ecafb329e6d9379d413e5.jpg